Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake (41075 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by DExplorer1: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Rubbish! You Dump ur 1st wife who has been with u all these while for a notorious Edo divorcee lady.
Even if he wants to remarry, why these kind of woman with a questionable history of divorce.
The first wife will feel insulted by now.
Yet someone will jump out and be telling women to be submissive and some men will be treating women like rag..
Nne, don't be submissive!
The reason was cited as 'irreconcilable differences' so what's your point?

4 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by sheunsheun(m): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2016
Shes defiantly not going to be the last. I see her as d Iyale, more wives to follow. Blood of Onni don dey enta our king

2 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by promzy555(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2016
alexory23:
Congratulation!!! Oni of Ife.. BTW what happen to your first wife,...this relationship get as e be oo,hope you never chop Efo (vegetable),and that lady no be ESAN tribe, cos if so this movie will have part 2 oo.
my friend quiet, most u comment, wat do u kn abt Esan gals. Make dem for day
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by promzy555(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=promzy555 post=43578422]my friend quiet, most u comment, wat do u kn abt Esan gals. Make dem for say/quote]
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Ayuslad(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2016
alexory23:
Congratulation!!! Oni of Ife.. BTW what happen to your first wife,...this relationship get as e be oo,hope you never chop Efo (vegetable),and that lady no be ESAN tribe, cos if so this movie will have part 2 oo.
Pls, how are esan ladies? Just want to know
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2016
DExplorer1:
Nne, don't be submissive!
The reason was cited as 'irreconcilable differences' so what's your point?
That is just a use of grammatical excuse to cover up a Polygamous and Flirting tendecies.

1 Like

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by DExplorer1: 8:52am On Mar 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
That is just a use of grammatical excuse to cover up a Polygamous and Flirting tendecies.
Taah! It was obvious to the public he was without a wife. He attended public events without her.
Biko, we all look for something that makes us complete, he's got his happiness. BTW, the luck still goes to the same gender.

2 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by opribo(m): 8:52am On Mar 08, 2016
When young people mount positions they never thought they will get to this is what you get. In the first place how did a man who cannot manage a home get up there to now mediate into normal peoples affair. Secondly, should this be his first major assignment to divorce his lovely Yoruba wife for Benin Benin woman.

Ok now they say she has been married 3 times before, O No No No, what is this, is it because she is yellow. Now see how the great throne is been demystified by bringing in strange women from other places into the palace.

This is one of the reasons why I will always like president GEJ, he remained with his wife, he didn't do like the leaders and oba, emir and governors would do by marrying a young lady over the one that suffered with them, prayed for them to make it and tolerated their excesses when they had nothing.
GEJ stayed, the more they mocked his wife the more he loved her, his opponents used the wife as a political tool for campaign he still loved her. That is the way it should be.
Not when young men that have not even started have started to change wives at this early stage, that means if he stays on the throne like his predecessor he will have a retinue of wives.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Lilimax(f): 8:58am On Mar 08, 2016
It is none of my business. I wish them well

2 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by repogirl(f): 9:00am On Mar 08, 2016
What did I hear? She has been married three times already and recently divorced? shocked

Hehehe.....Watching this space, more drama coming up soon, that's for sure. cheesy
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by gafoo4u: 9:01am On Mar 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Rubbish! You Dump ur 1st wife who has been with u all these while for a notorious Edo 3 times divorcee lady.
Even if he wants to remarry, why these kind of woman with a questionable history of divorces.
Yet someone will jump out and be telling women to be submissive and some men will be treating women like rag..

No mentally stable person would talk like this to a king. must you comment on every topic if you don't have the idea of what the issue is all about? could you please cite an example of a king in Nigeria who married a single wife? Do you want the Royal Family to change their tradition to shoot ur colonial mentality? why should that be your business if you have courtesy and respect for the private life of other people? learn to focus on ur own life rather than wasting your precious time on affairs that didn't concern u-Gafoo4u.

5 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Mexyz(m): 9:12am On Mar 08, 2016
alexory23:
Make your comment without calling any tribe, moreover what's wrong about ESAN ladies?
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by applemark: 9:13am On Mar 08, 2016
This king i see so will like pompom too much!
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by notoriousbabe: 9:13am On Mar 08, 2016
This kabiyesi go still marry more
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Urine: 9:14am On Mar 08, 2016
tosynomolara:
okunrin Sha.... dey can neva change

Aunty, ki ni okunrin shey? You can't judge men based on the action of one man.

1 Like

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by arabaribiti(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2016
tosynomolara:
okunrin Sha.... dey can neva change

Obirin sha ........ Dey can neva change
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by eligibility: 9:21am On Mar 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Rubbish! You Dump ur 1st wife who has been with u all these while for a notorious Edo 3 times divorcee lady.
Even if he wants to remarry, why these kind of woman with a questionable history of divorces.

You made a fabricated story without facts and figures.
Orí adé biooooo!!!
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by delightf(f): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Ur journey to edo ll be a good news we ll nt hear bad nesw,nd I pray this one ll last 4 you forever this ll be d last marred you ll have

2 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Setaje(f): 9:25am On Mar 08, 2016
opribo:
When young people mount positions they never thought they will get to this is what you get. In the first place how did a man who cannot manage a home get up there to now mediate into normal peoples affair. Secondly, should this be his first major assignment to divorce his lovely Yoruba wife for Benin Benin woman.

Ok now they say she has been married 3 times before, O No No No, what is this, is it because she is yellow. Now see how the great throne is been demystified by bringing in strange women from other places into the palace.

This is one of the reasons why I will always like president GEJ, he remained with his wife, he didn't do like the leaders and oba, emir and governors would do by marrying a young lady over the one that suffered with them, prayed for them to make it and tolerated their excesses when they had nothing.
GEJ stayed, the more they mocked his wife the more he loved her, his opponents used the wife as a political tool for campaign he still loved her. That is the way it should be.
Not when young men that have not even started have started to change wives at this early stage, that means if he stays on the throne like his predecessor he will have a retinue of wives.

It's shameful.

2 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by introvertious: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2016
*grab my plate of rice n chilled(sweating) coca-cola cos dis movie go reach part 5
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by igboboy3(m): 9:34am On Mar 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:

Yes, the first wife was not submissive. That was why she was kicked out.

1 Like

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by saintol(m): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2016
King Charming Charmed!!!
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Real Kings marry virgins.
How can a king marry a divorcee?
Is Wuraola really a divorcee?
If it's true, Ooni has got no class!

4 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by josite: 10:03am On Mar 08, 2016
elms:

This does not add up, you call him a 41 year old king yet he got married in 2008 at the age of 31; this infers that he is/will be 39 years old this year.
This just confirms the rumour I heard last year that he was ascending the throne with a fictitious age so as to silence some opposition.

i too noticed the miscalculation.the new king must realise being an oni is a serious matter and should be mindful of little things,going for a virgin would have been more ideal than a lady married to some ex who are very much alive.he must not make the throne a laughing stock.hope the edo woman will realise how lucky she is and now learn to sit down forever with one man.all the same i say congrats to them.did the first wife bombata not gave him any kid?

1 Like

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by toprealman: 10:10am On Mar 08, 2016
Jazz de pass jazz sha......Edo jazz no be here!

2 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by CioAngels(f): 10:14am On Mar 08, 2016
Ha, adaure4ever, are you sure of wuraola being a three time divorcee? If this story is true, then, where went our ifa priests before it got to this alarming stage? This is not good for a 41year ordinary old man not to talk of a king. He said he stepped with his first wife bukola on the day of his coronation to deceive people and that alone should have ended your hatred for her. Is your first wife having a child from another man after you drove her for wuraola? Having same name with your mother is not tenable. My king, bukola remains your first queen/wife becos wuraola is not your first wife and will never be. Women are just going about with deadly to get a men. Wura could be the reason for the irreconsiliable difference.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 08, 2016
CioAngels:
Ha, adaure4ever, are you sure of wuraola being a three time divorcee? If this story is true, then, where went our ifa priests before it got to this alarming stage? This is not good for a 41year ordinary old man not to talk of a king. He said he stepped with his first wife bukola on the day of his coronation to deceive people and that alone should have ended your hatred for her. Is your first wife having a child from another man after you drove her for wuraola? Having same name with your mother is not tenable. My king, bukola remains your first queen/wife becos wuraola is not your first wife and will never be. Women are just going about with deadly to get a men. Wura could be the reason for the irreconsiliable difference.
thank u, the new lady is a woman who wants to reap where she did not sow.
I am not trying to take it personal but sometimes the woman who stood by you through thick and thin should be respected.
Yes, she is a 3 times divorcee and her EX-s are still alive.

1 Like

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by MrImole: 10:21am On Mar 08, 2016
Setaje:

It's shameful. For a long time my dad said ifa has no hand in picking obas anymore in yoruba culture. I thought it was a lie. This marriage has brought to light a whole lot of issues. The yoruba obaship has been bastardised on the alter of politics. Oba akiolu is another oba that isn't supposed to be on that throne in the first place. They don't even follow tradition anymore. When the wrong person is on the throne, there is bound to be problems and confusion. It is true everybody has a past but this woman's past is to strong. From what I have heard about the oba, they deserve each other. The woman or man an individual marries most of the time is a reflection of who they really are.........this is just the way life is. No hope for virtuous women.

Long time miss Seyi...

where have you been?
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Setaje(f): 10:30am On Mar 08, 2016
MrImole:

Long time miss Seyi...

where have you been?

Ewooooo. shocked am fine. Who know me for here o.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by JAHseal: 10:37am On Mar 08, 2016
Does he have a child wit d former wife, aside his grown up daughter from a 'previous relationship'? May be dat could be another reason 4 leaving her. 'African Kings' mentality (Heir to the Throne).
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Gamesmart: 10:41am On Mar 08, 2016
trippleKAY:
a king marring a divorcee, Is that not questionable?

Why don't you tell us why you think it is questionable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) / Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.