Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake (41063 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by tpiar: 11:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
Gamesmart:

Imagine Africans claiming it is "cultural and traditional" corruption for an African King to take a new wife or to have a King that does!!!

it depends on the king or perhaps the individual culture, some dont keep harems while others do.

So, some people might not be familiar with such a scenario.

Even in Ife, its the tradition for the king to have many wives, however, it doesnt really mean every Ife king has had many wives, just that its expected they will.

If keeping a harem is counter productive for a culture, you wont find it there. However, if its considered necessary, then you will.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=Gamesmart post=43600640]

Since you believe your IQ is "high".

List the Real Kings you have had in your hometown and how you came up with the stupidity of "Real Kings marry virgins".

Which people did you consult that led you to state such stupidity in public?[/
This clinical presentation of a mongol has given you up. I need no other differentials. Lols.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Gamesmart: 5:23am On Mar 09, 2016
Silvofitz:
This clinical presentation of a mongol has given you up. I need no other differentials. Lols.

You have no sense to make? grin

Step up, lost lifer.

Sense, you no get. You just jump on a thread and speak from your smelly anus which you also use to consume food.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Gamesmart: 5:28am On Mar 09, 2016
tpiar:

it depends on the king or perhaps the individual culture, some dont keep harems while others do.

So, some people might not be familiar with such a scenario.

Even in Ife, its the tradition for the king to have many wives, however, it doesnt really mean every Ife king has had many wives, just that its expected they will.

If keeping a harem is counter productive for a culture, you wont find it there. However, if its considered necessary, then you will.

I don't know of any major Yoruba Monarch in History with just one wife.

There have been 50 previous Kings of Ife, I can't think of just one who was monogamous. Talk less of a significant number to argue it is not the norm and tradition.

Same for Alaafin, Alake, Olowo and co.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 09, 2016
Gamesmart:

You have no sense to make? grin

Step up, lost lifer.

Sense, you no get. You just jump on a thread and speak from your smelly anus which you also use to consume food.
It was intentional. I decided to speak in dark speeches.
Slowpokes wouldn't have an idea.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Gamesmart: 7:24am On Mar 09, 2016
Silvofitz:

It was intentional. I decided to speak in dark speeches.
Slowpokes wouldn't have an idea.

That is your new excuse? cheesy

Slowpokes can't hide their stupid ideas. grin

It is time to think before talking.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2016
Gamesmart:

That is your new excuse? cheesy

Slowpokes can't hide their stupid ideas. grin

It is time to think before talking.
You're not doing badly.
I'm doing a research on the psychology of mongols.
You're my case study.
Keep the responses coming. But fill the form below, if your mental capacity can take it, anyway:
Name:...........................(optional)
Sex........
Age..........
Addresses........
Religion...........
Marital status............
Tribe..............
Position held in Mongols Association..........
Highest level of education attained...................... (If any)
Previous Hx of Mongols in the family......................
N.B: respondents will be rewarded for appropriate responses.

2 Likes

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by tpiar: 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
Gamesmart:

I don't know of any major Yoruba Monarch in History with just one wife.

There have been 50 previous Kings of Ife, I can't think of just one who was monogamous. Talk less of a significant number to argue it is not the norm and tradition.

Same for Alaafin, Alake, Olowo and co.

The bronzes only show one wife, but the meaning is not too clear I guess.

The Alake has one wife I believe.

It is easier to have one wife in some areas than others, due to some reasons.

Also, there is the Ogboni factor: some positions require the holder to be polygamous.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by lastpage: 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
opribo:
When young people mount positions they never thought they will get to this is what you get. In the first place how did a man who cannot manage a home get up there to now mediate into normal peoples affair. Secondly, should this be his first major assignment to divorce his lovely Yoruba wife for Benin Benin woman.

Ok now they say she has been married 3 times before, O No No No, what is this, is it because she is yellow. Now see how the great throne is been demystified by bringing in strange women from other places into the palace.

This is one of the reasons why I will always like president GEJ, he remained with his wife, he didn't do like the leaders and oba, emir and governors would do by marrying a young lady over the one that suffered with them, prayed for them to make it and tolerated their excesses when they had nothing.
GEJ stayed, the more they mocked his wife the more he loved her, his opponents used the wife as a political tool for campaign he still loved her. That is the way it should be.
Not when young men that have not even started have started to change wives at this early stage, that means if he stays on the throne like his predecessor he will have a retinue of wives.

So you are not aware that GEJ has another wife, who actually bore BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN for him? You be real LEARNER! grin grin
She is a sister to Dezzianni Madueke, so you know. She is the mother of those little kids you see once in a while.

Patience has vowed to castrate GEJ if he ever mentions her publicly as his wife! That l consider very wicked of Patience...and cowardly of GEJ!
To be denying the mother of your only children, to the whole world?

Again, when a couple divorces and "irreconcilable difference" is cited, it means the divorce was so acrimonious it would be adisaster to say actually what transpired........ and to keep the kids out of the scandal.

Nothing wrong is divorcing, instead of one killing the other, it doesn't mean the man cannot manage his home (it takes husband and wife to manage a home). It also does not mean the second marriage woudl not work out, the first one may just be a BIG MISTAKE that should never has happened.

But that not withstanding, this Ooni dey feck-up big time. I expect he would take his time and look for a spinster, marry her and move on with life.
I dont expect him to carry another "Baggage" that is trailing with all sorts of 'bad stories' that bring disrepute to the throne. he appears to be "phussy-whipped" as they say!

I hope this Ooni will not bring disgrace to the foremost Yoruba throne?

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by sage2(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Setaje:

It's shameful. For a long time my dad said ifa has no hand in picking obas anymore in yoruba culture. I thought it was a lie. This marriage has brought to light a whole lot of issues. The yoruba obaship has been bastardised on the alter of politics. Oba akiolu is another oba that isn't supposed to be on that throne in the first place. They don't even follow tradition anymore. When the wrong person is on the throne, there is bound to be problems and confusion. It is true everybody has a past but this woman's past is to strong. From what I have heard about the oba, they deserve each other. The woman or man an individual marries most of the time is a reflection of who they really are.........this is just the way life is. No hope for virtuous women.

As long as I and other men like me liveth, there will always be hope for virtuous women. They are the only women I will ever marry.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Setaje(f): 11:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
sage2:

As long as I and other men like me liveth, there will always be hope for virtuous women. They are the only women I will ever marry.

Amen. I regret that statement. It's against my religious views. Just wrote it out of annoyance. There is plenty hope for virtuous women
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by lastpage: 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Setaje:

It's shameful. For a long time my dad said ifa has no hand in picking obas anymore in yoruba culture. I thought it was a lie. This marriage has brought to light a whole lot of issues. The yoruba obaship has been bastardised on the alter of politics. Oba akiolu is another oba that isn't supposed to be on that throne in the first place. They don't even follow tradition anymore. When the wrong person is on the throne, there is bound to be problems and confusion. It is true everybody has a past but this woman's past is to strong. From what I have heard about the oba, they deserve each other. The woman or man an individual marries most of the time is a reflection of who they really are.........this is just the way life is. No hope for virtuous women.

There is a criminal "cabal of King-Makers" lead by Obasanjo who foist ignoble people on the throne in recent times.

*Tinubu as Governor, enthroned Oba Akiolu as payback for hiding him in the days when Abacha was looking for NADECO people to kill
*OBJ installed the current Alake of Abeokuta despite the old men insisting it wasn't his turn.
*OBJ and Tinubu, who have business interest in the building industry aroudn that Lekki area, installed the new Ooni of Ife, as he was the one managing their property portfolio in that area for some time now. Check out the properties that Essential Homes, owned by the Ooni, manages and research into the real owners (who are keeping a low profile, due to their criminal acquisition of wealth when in govt)

Yes, Yoruba traditional stools are gradually losing their values by the day!
Or how on earth was a Governor (say like that Thug Fayose) suppose to remove/impose an Oba on the people?
We can as well abolish it and stop wasting money on those pretenders joor.

Lastpage!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by sage2(m): 12:07am On Mar 13, 2016
Setaje:

Amen. I regret that statement. It's against my religious views. Just wrote it out of annoyance. There is plenty hope for virtuous women

I understand. Please remain virtuous. I need a woman like you as wife. God bless you.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by Setaje(f): 12:14am On Mar 13, 2016
sage2:

I understand. Please remain virtuous. I need a woman like you as wife. God bless you.

Oh really what happened to the one you wanted to propose to on WhatsApp. Hiiiiiiiian. Who told you am virtuous. I am no saint o.
Re: How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake by sage2(m): 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
Setaje:

Oh really what happened to the one you wanted to propose to on WhatsApp. Hiiiiiiiian. Who told you am virtuous. I am no saint o.

Chai! So you had to go dig deep. Anyways, Just respond to my PM and lets see where it lands us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Reasons You Should Be Proud To Be A Nigerian(pics) / Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.