Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls (4204 Views)

Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) / How To Access Facebook Desktop Version On Mobile Phones / Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by HeroKing: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2009
Dear nairalanders,

I noticed that the use of the “hide caller identification (Caller ID) function” in mobile phone telephony is now being abused daily in Nigeria. This is contrary to the country’s posture of building investor’s trust and projecting Nigeria as a trustworthy nation. For transparency sake, I am of the opinion that the “hide caller ID” function in mobile phone telephony should be banned in Nigeria by government legislation as is being done in some other parts of the Globe.

Why does someone need to hide his caller ID if not for some sinister intentions?

It is a regular phenomenon to hear many fraudsters calling from Nigeria telling the person at the other end of the telephone that they were calling from the UK or some other countries. This is not good for the integrity of the country. As the nation rebrands, I am of the opinion that we need to look critically at some of our values that make people cast aspersion on us as a nation. The various mobile telephone networks in Nigeria should be compelled to, as default, set the caller identification function for all calls originating from Nigeria to show the ID of the caller.

Opinions on this propositions please.
Re: Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by WackyJ1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2009
I agree with you. Hiding your id is for those pro-criminals who try to con people out of their money. Why do you need to hide your number when you call the people you know. I heard about this code that could reveal any hidden number on mtn, i don't know whether it works. Type *30# or #30#. It will show "activated" or something close and you should be able to see the hidden number of the person calling you.
Re: Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by WackyJ1(m): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2009
I agree with you. Hiding your id is for those pro-criminals who try to con people out of their money. Why do you need to hide your number when you call the people you know. I heard about this code that could reveal any hidden number on mtn, i don't know whether it works. Type *30# or #30#. It will show "activated" or something close and you should be able to see the hidden number of the person calling you.
Re: Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by chidyke77(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2009
I quite agree wt the opinion of blocking d hide identity of callers. Firstly ur point of fraudsters making use of it and secondly,some people wt ur number or who just get across it sometimes calls flash wt their numbers hidden just for their own fun and there by disturbin ur peace of mind or distracting u. I had my own experience where a hidden caller was flashin my number around 2a.m and if i picked it he wl drop d call and he did dat for six good times which prompted me to switch my set off. But he was'nt satisfied yet dat he did it for a week,it was terrible since i culdnt knw or put a call across and d code u talk abt is nt workin cos i have tried it.Its a nice topic u raised and i which d telecommunications shuld look into it.
Re: Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by hooged: 7:49am On Jul 18, 2009
U all 've spoken well.thread close.
Re: Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by WackyJ1(m): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2009
By whose authority does thou close a thread
Re: Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by WackyJ1(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2009
By whose authority does thou close a thread
Re: Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by HeroKing: 9:20am On Jul 21, 2009
We make appeals to the telecom folks in the house to pass this to their managements. Please remove the "Hide caller ID" option from your telephone service. It is being used for more of evil deeds than good.

Let us take a cue from Ghana's example. You cannot make a call on any network in Ghana with your caller ID blocked. It will simply disengage the call automatically. MTN Nigeria, Glo, Zain Nigeria, Etisala, this an urgent appeal for you to help in the sanitization of Nigeria. It is not too much a contribution in the process of rebranding the nation.

God bless our homeland.

Thanks.
Re: Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls by kesyboy(m): 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2009
Then u r likely to find the information here, http://sokohgee.onmbl.com

(1) (Reply)

Samsung-Galaxy Nexus Ban Overturned In US / Browsing On Pay As You Go With Glo / How To Recover Your Wiped MTN 7.5gb And #15000 Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.