Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' (46646 Views)

Adult Movie Mistakenly Displays On Church Screen During Service / Reigners Bible Church Finally Opens Up On Church Building Mishap / Muslims In Ondo Worship On Church Land On Eid Day, Church Gives Free Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by sheubaba2013: 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
The sun and other prints won't make this lie lie story an headline. People can lie o. Kai
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by kayodekb: 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
that's what their book(bible) taught them, am not surprised a bit.... pastor have been deceiving their sheep's ever since they start worshipping a man
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by epini(m): 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
olokeded:
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/pas1-jpg.73829/[/img]
A South African pastor, Apostle Thamsanqa Sambulo, claimed he performed a miracle and an apostle of God after he allegedly poured boiling water on himself and members of his church.

The KwaZulu Natal-based young pastor is the founder of Thy Word Kingdom Harvest Ministries which has been making headlines because of lots of reasons.

He has been having revivals across the country and he recently performed a miracle which left everyone shocked.

Trying to bring back what happened when the Biblical Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego were thrown into the lake of fire and were not burn, Apostle Sambulo boiled a kettle of water and started demonstrating on his church members by pouring the boiling water on them.

The Facebook page of Thy Word Kingdom Harvest Ministries told the story of Sambulo’s miracle claim.

According to the post, one evening during a church gathering, Sambulo asked a member of his church to “go boil water in a kettle at the kitchen”.

pas.jpg

Sambulo then allegedly hugged the kettle “on his chest”.

The post read: "The congregation was in shock, as they shouted: 'NO!' (sic) Some couldn't even look.

“He then asked: 'Who has faith here?' (sic) One by one, people came and did what the apostle did, and were not hurt. He re-boiled the water... as he did...one young woman came to him and said; ‘Papa I have faith, pour it on my hand as hot as it is.’

“The Son of God first poured on Himself, then poured unto this lady. The rest of the congregation, one by one followed, as they also wanted to test their faith.”

[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/pas2-jpg.73830/[/img]
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/pas-jpg.73828/[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/photos-pastor-pours-hot-water-on-church.html

mtcheeew....these southafrican pastors are fund for such headlines
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by funkymaggy: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
am so happy i can neva fal victim to fake pastors may God deliver d members.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Joagbaje(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
Question is DID ANNYONE GET BURNT OR HURT? if the answer Is NO , then take it as part of end time revival of the power of God he should rather be commended for the boldness to put the word to. Work.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by TrajansKong: 7:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
Joagbaje:
Question is DID ANNYONE GET BURNT OR HURT? if the answer Is NO , then take it as part of end time revival of the power of God he should rather be commended for the boldness to put the word to. Work.

There's always one!
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
IndianBwoy:
In my country , despite 250 plus years of colonial rule, we never succumbed to these foreign faiths.

Goa state has largest christian population but their forefather were forcefuly converted and r.aped by the portuguese during the carholic inquisition. Which is why many of them have mixed blood and portuguese names and custom.

We the majority Hindu/Pagan/Animist tribes never converted to xtianity
because we recognized the dangers of xtianity and the fact that our ancestral religion , spirituality and civilization was older and more advanced than thia brainwashing and troublesome foreign faith.

However even today some xtian missionaries funded within and by the west , especially united states come and organize illegal missionary and conversion activities. If we Hindus/tribals find out we will generally beat them up, hang a garland of shoes around their neck , shave their head and parade them through the streets on a donkey. And we sometimes burn their church and idols pf jesus. But usually they evade us and organize undercover missionary and brainwashing tactics and use bribery such as clothes money food to convert poor people and forest tribals.

This is what we did to a pastor in India recently:

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-bajrang-dal-activists-tonsure-man-accused-of-converting-hindus-to-christianity-2171907
and you are proud of the inhuman act you and your people meted out to a man that has come to your land in the name of God?
A common sense would have gone for equall playing ground,allow him do his so called nonsense then do your sensical sense let's see who wins. When you are threatened by a thing you resort to violence which no child of God involves him/herself in. Repent and accept Christ when there's still time to avoid had I known
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by OnuohaEDOZIE(m): 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
olokeded:
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/pas1-jpg.73829/[/img]
A South African pastor, Apostle Thamsanqa Sambulo, claimed he performed a miracle and an apostle of God after he allegedly poured boiling water on himself and members of his church.

The KwaZulu Natal-based young pastor is the founder of Thy Word Kingdom Harvest Ministries which has been making headlines because of lots of reasons.

He has been having revivals across the country and he recently performed a miracle which left everyone shocked.

Trying to bring back what happened when the Biblical Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego were thrown into the lake of fire and were not burn, Apostle Sambulo boiled a kettle of water and started demonstrating on his church members by pouring the boiling water on them.

The Facebook page of Thy Word Kingdom Harvest Ministries told the story of Sambulo’s miracle claim.

According to the post, one evening during a church gathering, Sambulo asked a member of his church to “go boil water in a kettle at the kitchen”.

pas.jpg

Sambulo then allegedly hugged the kettle “on his chest”.

The post read: "The congregation was in shock, as they shouted: 'NO!' (sic) Some couldn't even look.

“He then asked: 'Who has faith here?' (sic) One by one, people came and did what the apostle did, and were not hurt. He re-boiled the water... as he did...one young woman came to him and said; ‘Papa I have faith, pour it on my hand as hot as it is.’

“The Son of God first poured on Himself, then poured unto this lady. The rest of the congregation, one by one followed, as they also wanted to test their faith.”

[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/pas2-jpg.73830/[/img]
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/pas-jpg.73828/[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/photos-pastor-pours-hot-water-on-church.html

...end time MAGIC!!!
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Damseldammie(f): 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hmm... shall we call this one a pastor too? Anointed devil! repent and desist
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Ogbenimax(m): 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
Y na so so woman full d church na
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by justscorch: 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
All this magicians spoiling the name of the great Houdini and prof peller..men of God indeed.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by habsydiamond(m): 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
There are different kinds of pastors.
Type 1. God call them dem pick
Type2. God call them dem see missed call
Type3. God call them dem no pick come dey flash God.
Type4. God no call them na dem call God.
Type5. Na flash dem flash God.
When those prophets performed their miracles in the olden days there were nothing like competition. Those are the real miracle. Hardly can one see a true miracle these days without an element of darkness. God Save Our Generation oooo
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hmmm. Religion is truly the opium of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by piagetskinner(m): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
Orisi risi
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by analice107: 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
Joagbaje:

I don't agree sir. If we go by miracles or what they are made to look like, then Christianity will flat on its knees. Miracles do not define Christianity as they a lot of charlatans performing magic and creating illusions in the eyes of men. I doubt if it's the right think to do, ascribing what these charlatans do to God. These people claim to be Christians, but in essence they are in church to weaken it from within. Tell me that a man who feeds his congration with life snakes is performing miracles from God. What purpose does that serve?
I think the question should be, what is the purpose of pouring hot water on his congregants? Did Christ or the Apostles ever performed any miracle for show? All miracle must serve a purpose, all must be to the salvation of a soul. How does eating life snakes or being poured with hot pour glorify God?
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by analice107: 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
TruthHurts1:

When I imagine Jesus, I think of kindness,compassion, love, patience and forebearance.
What he looked like means nothing to me.
Very well put. What he looks like doesn't matter to me. I would still believe in Him, if he were Yoruba.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by analice107: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
Lawmosh:
Everyone is condeming the pastor alone and not xtianity. But let it be Islam, all the 'unemployed idiots' would have started ranting and giving Islam all sorts of bad names. #SayNoToHypocrisy
Are you saying is being given a bad name? Ah, but there's nothing folk say here that's not found pasted in the pages of your Koran. Except you want to say the Koran lied against Muhammed.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Butty: 12:22am On Mar 09, 2016
Are they not following the scripture?
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by IndianBwoy(m): 1:49am On Mar 09, 2016
nseke:
and you are proud of the inhuman act you and your people meted out to a man that has come to your land in the name of God?
A common sense would have gone for equall playing ground,allow him do his so called nonsense then do your sensical sense let's see who wins. When you are threatened by a thing you resort to violence which no child of God involves him/herself in. Repent and accept Christ when there's still time to avoid had I known

Next time we will kill him

We dont want our a nation to become a nation of bigots and fanatic slaves lyk urs.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Ujupsy: 3:21am On Mar 09, 2016
South Africa has the worst pastors ever most of them are fetish
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by egobetatoday: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2016
buskie13:
“The Son of God first poured on Himself, then
poured unto this lady. The rest of the
congregation, one by one followed, as they also
wanted to test their faith.”

[email]God help Christians o...cos this is mockery of Christianity... the so called pastor even branded himself as the emboldened above...

where is lasisi when u need him most?

This is end time[/email]

it is not a mockery of christianity. Jesus already told us that things like these will happen in the end times. This is actually a confirmation of biblical prophesies!!
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Joagbaje(m): 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
analice107:

I don't agree sir. If we go by miracles or what they are made to look like, then Christianity will flat on its knees. Miracles do not define Christianity as they a lot of charlatans performing magic and creating illusions in the eyes of men.

miracles and christianity goes together. without the supernatural christianity is like any other dead religion. and i think its wrong to call someone a charlatan because of supernatural. besides a charlatan does not have supernatural .

think the question should be, what is the purpose of pouring hot water on his congregants? Did Christ or the Apostles ever performed any miracle for show? All miracle must serve a purpose, all must be to the salvation of a soul. How does eating life snakes or being poured with hot pour glorify God?

Its demonstration of power . paul says the preaching is not in words but in demonstration of power . jesus said we will pick serpents . i don't know what connection picking serpents has with salvation.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by analice107: 11:46am On Mar 10, 2016
Joagbaje:

miracles and christianity goes together. without the supernatural christianity is like any other dead religion. and i think its wrong to call someone a charlatan because of supernatural. besides a charlatan does not have supernatural .

Its demonstration of power . paul says the preaching is not in words but in demonstration of power . jesus said we will pick serpents . i don't know what connection picking serpents has with salvation.
I agree with you sir, that Christianity goes hand in hand with the supernatural.
AND, the supernatural most not be only of God. Whatever is not natural to man, is supernatural.

But if we go by everything some of us termed as supernatural, then we are going to have very serious problems as a church. Why? because Satan knows that signs and wonders perplex the human mind. He knows that Jesus used signs and wonders to draw many close, thereby teaching them the WAY. Let us not forget that Satan was once an Angel with great abilities which God didn't take from him after his rebellion, AND, the creative abilities God gave to Adam, Satan took also after the Fall.
Jesus warned us about the spirit of the Anti-Christ which will manifest in false prophet's, and their only tool for deception will be signs and wonders. Ground breaking "miracles" which will even convince the elect that these things are true and from God. The Bible says, they will even cause fire to come down from heaven in broad day light, in full view of people watching.

Sir, the Bible never instructed us to walk around picking up serpents to show that we are supernatural. The bible never instructed us to go buy Gamalin20 and drink to show that the holy spirit dwells in us so will be unharmed. That will be working against the covenant. "Thou shall not test the Lord thy God".
What this says is that, When Satan comes against you using these means, He, Satan, will not succeed, because that fight will not be yours to fight, but God's.
Apostle Paul never went around picking up snakes to show that he was such a great Apostle, but when Satan tried fastening himself around Paul once, he shook him off into the fire, and was unhurt.

Sir, if you the man of God that I know, is cornered by an enemy, and are given poison in a drink without your knowledge, you will drink it and come out nourished, but if you are told that there's poison in that drink, but you go ahead to gulp that drink down, to show yourself, you will die sir.
Let's ask, Why didn't Christ turn stones to bread when Satan ORDERED him to? Was it because he couldn't? He turned water into wine remember. You don't do anything for show as a christian. It most serve a purpose to glorify God.

When Christ warned his followers about these false prophets and their dicievable miracles, the apostles asked the master, how then shall we identify them? What did the master say? Look at their fruits. For by their fruits you shall know them? What are fruits?
These are tenets of christianity, Statutes, models principles of christianity.
When these things don't manifest in the people you are leading, then you are serving a different purpose.
Why is Satan using miracles as a tool to draw many?
Look at the church today, everyone is after miracles. They are great in talking but dead in doing. The Bible says, anyone who hears the word of God but do not practice it, is decieving himself. Satan wants us to keep decieving ourselves, be in church alright, but decieving ourselves.
No one talks about unforgiveness, malice, fornication, stealing of any form, giving and taking bribe. Murder by way of gossip, back biting, abortions. No one Miracle performer is interested in teaching his congregation geniune repentance which comes with RESTITUTION. how many Christians today even know that word RESTITUTION?
Sir, in this age and time we shd be weary of miracles that serves no purpose. Satan is on the lose now like never before. Occultism is being practiced openly in churches today, that's because even us who shd know better claim it's God's power. If ministers of Satan can't perform (supernatural) magic inform of miracles, then I don't know what the likes of Chris Angel are doing.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by analice107: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
nseke:
I didn't know we have Indians in this forum. Are you for real? But that your acts are very inhumane sir, you will pay on the last day if you don't repent.
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Joagbaje(m): 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
analice107:

Jesus warned us about the spirit of the Anti-Christ which will manifest in false prophet's, and their only tool for deception will be signs and wonders. Ground breaking "miracles" which will even convince the elect that these things are true and from God. The Bible says, they will even cause fire to come down from heaven in broad day light, in full view of people watching

i don't know which scripture in particular you're quoting but i don't think that scripture refers to the church age. and if I'm correct , if we apply scripture wrongly we may judge wrongly.

we judge a man of God by his doctrine not by his miracles. we can't just be labelling people as false just because they do something unconventional .

, the Bible never instructed us to walk around picking up serpents to show that we are supernatural. The bible never instructed us to go buy Gamalin20 and drink to show that the holy spirit dwells in us so will be unharmed. That will be working against the covenant. "Thou shall not test the Lord thy God".
What this says is that, When Satan comes against you using these means, He, Satan, will not succeed, because that fight will not be yours to fight, but God's.
Apostle Paul never went around picking up snakes to show that he was such a great Apostle, but when Satan tried fastening himself around Paul once, he shook him off into the fire, and was unhurt.

we should take scripture for what it says. he didn't say satan. he said serpent.

, if you the man of God that I know, is cornered by an enemy, and are given poison in a drink without your knowledge, you will drink it and come out nourished, but if you are told that there's poison in that drink, but you go ahead to gulp that drink down, to show yourself, you will die sir.

lets leave that for my faith. .

ask, Why didn't Christ turn stones to bread when Satan ORDERED him to? Was it because he couldn't? He turned water into wine remember. You don't do anything for show as a christian. It most serve a purpose to glorify God

i agree with you we don't need to tempt God. but when you teach with demonstrations as example its not tempting God but rather to stir people faith in the word. jesus cursed an innocent tree and used it to illustrate to the desciples that not only can they do such to a tree the can make a mountain move by faith.

Christ warned his followers about these false prophets and their dicievable miracles, the apostles asked the master, how then shall we identify them? What did the master say? Look at their fruits. For by their fruits you shall know them? What are fruits?

we shouldn't mix two things together. thats why i would have loved specific verses so that we avoid misapplication. when jesus talking about false prophets in the verse i think you're quoting he wasn't talking about miracles. miracles can't be fruits to watch out for. but wrong doctrine. the spirit of error is seen in what they profess

at the church today, everyone is after miracles. They are great in talking but dead in doing.

miracles are means to draw men to christ . but its teaching that cause them to grow. miracles will always abound where the holyghost has access.
one talks about unforgiveness, malice, fornication, stealing of any form, giving and taking bribe. Murder by way of gossip, back biting, abortions. No one Miracle performer is interested in teaching his congregation geniune repentance which comes with RESTITUTION. how many Christians today even know that word RESTITUTION?

The church is the ground and pillar of truth where the whole counsel of God is taught. I'm not aware of any bible based church where the whole counsel of God is not taught. even right from foundation class or new convert class.

, in this age and time we shd be weary of miracles that serves no purpose. Satan is on the lose now like never before. Occultism is being practiced openly in churches today, that's because even us who shd know better claim it's God's power. If ministers of Satan can't perform (supernatural) magic inform of miracles, then I don't know what the likes of Chris Angel are doing.

Fact that there is deception doesn't take away the original. why should we be afraid of the real because of fake. and when we see a miracle why should we see it as false as a first response. when we hear the word prophets why should our first response be false prophet . the enemy is systematically ejecting unbelief in the body. because the bible fortold of the last days great outpouring and manifestations. its a sin of blasphemy when we attribute miracles by the holyghost to the devil. at least if we care enough lets investigate and judge it by the word. especially the doctrines
Re: Pastor Sambulo Pours Hot Water On Church Members To Demonstrate 'miracle' by Amujale(m): 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
badonkadonk:
There are two kinds of pastors in this world. Those that God called and those that God didn't even flash their number buh they called themselves..

Nope, there’s only one type of pastor in this world, the one who peddles fakery and falsehood.

All pastors have one thing in common, they peddle a lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Pastor Adeboye: Those Attacking Me On Internet Would Be Sent Out Of This Country / My Annoying Experience At SCOAN As A First-Timer By Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.