Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe (396 Views)

EFCC re-arraigns Dokpesi over alleged N2.1bn fraud / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / EFCC Begins Probe Of Ex-governor Akpabio Over Alleged N108.1bn Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe by Okimski(m): 4:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
Former Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Public Affairs to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Dr. Doyin Okupe, on Tuesday, refuted online reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun investigation into his alleged involvement in the payment of N2.1 billion from the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki, to the former Chairman of DAAR Communications, Chief Raymond Dokpesi.
Okupe who took to his Facebook page to debunk the reports which stated that the EFCC has written to the Presidency to investigate the involvement of his office as Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, however, pointed that his office didn't have a budget or any capital vote and therefore lacked the capacity to award contracts, when he held sway.
Okupe said: "My attention has been drawn to publications on two online publications stating that EFCC is probing me with respect to the payment to Daar Communications Ltd. and the now famous $2.1 billion Dasuki gate.
"They claim in their write up that EFCC has written to the Presidency to investigate the involvement of my former office, office of the special assistant to the President on public affairs.
"My office does not have a budget or any capital vote. My office lacked the capacity to award contracts. I was employed to do a job and I was loyal and committed totally to my employer and whatever I considered was important in the line of my duty.
"I did not receive neither did I take any special gratifications for what I did. This is what is difficult for most of my detractors to believe. From the entire write up it is obvious the writer(s) of the story were speculating and imagining things that are not real.
"The EFCC cannot embark on an investigation based purely on fiction and delusionary imaginations. I am ashamed at the extent some unscrupulous and ill-bred journalists will go to disparage the innocent by publishing outright falsehood. Even if people are paid to bring imaginary political enemies down, do they not have the fear of God?
"Those who are impatiently waiting for my arrest , by the Grace of the Almighty God who I serve, and whose precepts I have kept all my life, in and out of office, will wait till kingdom come," Okupe said.
However, according to one of the publications, in the letter titled: “Investigation Activities Re: Presidential Media Initiative (PM)” dated December 3, 2015, with Reference number CR:3000/EFCC/ ABJ/STF/VOL.137, the EFCC said it was investigating a case of diversion of public funds in which the sum of N2.1 billion was paid for purpose of providing national
public relations project.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/alleged-n2-1bn-fraud-those-waiting-for-my-arrest-will-wait-endlessly-okupe/
Re: Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe by Blakjewelry(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
Tell them o
Re: Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe by Young03(m): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
U de form james bond abi

1 Like

Re: Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe by Okimski(m): 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
Na wow oo
Must they investigate every perceive enemy . Please let this government do what Nigeria voted them for joo and stop using anti corruption to cover their failure
Re: Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe by Khd95(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
The wait is over,the hour has come,sooner or later,d long arm of d law shall grab ur trousergringrin

#doyiniscorrupt

1 Like

Re: Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe by rusher14: 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
Okupe works for free.

Re: Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Those Waiting For My Arrest Will Wait Endlessly – Okupe by missKiffy(f): 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
He still dey make mouth lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Tompolo Seeks Change Of Judge In N45.9bn Fraud Case / (breaking) Braithwaite Passes On At 82 / NIS Recruitment: FG Automatically Employs 105 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.