Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

The Zoo/nigeria Is HELL! -temidayo Ahanmisi's Demons Roar Again.....hear Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Zoo/nigeria Is HELL! -temidayo Ahanmisi's Demons Roar Again.....hear Them (566 Views)

Bankole Osisanya And Nike Temidayo Remanded In Prison In Ogun State. Photos / Reno Omokri Again! Hear Him / WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Zoo/nigeria Is HELL! -temidayo Ahanmisi's Demons Roar Again.....hear Them by teufelein(f): 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2016
The Zoo/nigeria is HELL! -Temidayo Ahanmisi's demons roar again.....Hear them

Temidayo Ahanmisi's demons roar again... Hear them:

"This is hell. Nigeria is hell. You are here. In hell."
"Sometime about 1996/7 in Port Harcourt, residents of an entire section of Woji Road were denied NEPA's services for 2 whole years.

It wasn't about bills. NEPA couldn't replace their burnt transformer in 2 years.
Rumours then were rife of a two year old girl, who on seeing NEPA light for the first time in her young life, fainted, perhaps from shock of seeing something brighter than the glow of kerosene lamps she was accustomed to,or from the shock of the tumultous ''Up NEPA'!'' that rent the air the night power was restored to residents of Woji.

In 1999, areas of Mile 4, in Port Harcourt had their turn. A friend's NEPA blackout lasted exactly 11 months. Light was restored one evening. So dim was the light, that they didn't notice for over an hour that they had light. Their battery-powered flourescent lanterns shone way brighter.

At sometime...1989, 1990, I think in Surulere, Lagos, residents of an entire area didn't see NEPA light in 6 months.
I have NEVER had NEPA light at my Port Harcourt home for up to 24 hours at a stretch. I have lived in at least 3 areas of this town. I have NEVER EVER experienced such a phenomenon - public power supply running uninterrupted for an entire day. This in like 14 years.

I last saw PHCN light about 5 weeks a go. I burn between 10 to 20 litres of petrol daily. Petrol now sells for N140 -5 per litre. At sometime, at the height of this now permanent scarcity I bought petrol at N250/L for about 2 weeks.
Nigeria's finance minister says I need to be more frugal. She says I am extravagant. Her boss concurs. My large appetite for basic human amenities like light and water which separate me from the state of the bestial is responsible for Nigeria's economic woes.

They want me to lie down and just expire, so that the Naira will find its feet again.
As a Nigerian, I think the last time I ever experienced uninterrupted power supply was in Benin City about 25 years ago. It was also the first experience of its kind. It was surreal.
There is no point to this post. I know some really pointless persons with terribly pointless existence as human persons would jump at this story from either of any direction. Some would heave in relief and say: ''Buhari didn't start it. See?'' The other camp would exonerate Jonathan.
Like I said, you are all so pointless.
And because you are all so lacking in essential usefulness to reality, let me point you Integrated National Association of Nigerian Emela* (I.N.A.N.E) to a possible rumination point.
Now eat grass like your fellow ruminants as I tell you why it is necessary to say these things once in a while:

This is hell. Nigeria is hell. You are here. In hell.
*Emela* (pronounced ''eh meh laa'') means ''sheep'' in my dialect.
Good night."
- Temidayo Ahanmisi
Re: The Zoo/nigeria Is HELL! -temidayo Ahanmisi's Demons Roar Again.....hear Them by falcon01: 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
Re: The Zoo/nigeria Is HELL! -temidayo Ahanmisi's Demons Roar Again.....hear Them by DaBullIT(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
So what's the point

(1) (Reply)

Ikorodu School Girls Abduction: Setting The Records Straight. / Ebonyi: 9 Roast To Death In Petrol Tanker Fire / ‘we Are Pleased With President’s Policies,’ John Kerry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.