Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan (4934 Views)

Sultan Announces MOON Sighting For Ramadan / Practical Tips In Preparation For Ramadan / 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by ojay007(m): 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2009
May Allah grant Us the strength to perform these Year's Ramadhan. Nice thread & I really hope we keep it alive for the whole of Ramadhan.
Like the Topic of the Thread indicates, I also live alone right now & i look forward to inviting my fellow Muslim Nairalanders to my crib for iftar and we all can benefit from the Barakah of the Blessed Month.
NB: I live in Lagos @ S/L side of town.

Peace
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by ToyosiR(f): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2009
Salam Alaykum,
Jazaakumullahu Khairan Kasiiroh to the Poster.
To all Muslim both male and female who are going to fast. Let us note some notable things and put it at the back of our mind.
1. Lets avoid every possible means of commiting sin, Most expecially the common ones like

Workers getting to office late and signing the false time on attendance book.

Chatting with those that will say things that are not islamic

Wasting our time with jokes and fun

Wasting our talent with falsehood

If we have the capabilities we should try to do this:
1. Reciting the Qur'an every time
2. Doing Adhkar (remembrance of Allah) every time
3. Chatting with pious muslims and reminding our self of What Allah promised the Pious ones
4. Teaching people recitation of the Glorious Qur'an.
5. Invite people for Iftar
6. Try to observe your solat as at the normal time
7. Call people to other
8. Make other Muslim know you are a true muslim family by bringing them close and discuss Islam
9. Abstain from Shaytanic discussion.

Majorly: Follow the path of the Prophet (SAW) at all times) and seek Allah's Forgiveness.

Wishing each and everyone of us Happy Ramadhan. May Allah Reward us abundantly for the prophet said
The fasting one will be happy twice
1. at the time of Iftar and secondly at the time of meeting his Lord. For Allah is the only one that can reward the fasting one.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by richpitt(m): 11:19am On Aug 19, 2009
From all readings it has been stated that fasting wud start on the 22nd, Shaban will be 30th on friday,

Btw How do u fink you cud help our Muslim brothers in places like Lagos (where NUDITY) has become the ladies way of life plus the constant advert and bills you c everyday would cope,
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by muhsin(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2009
Wa'alaik Salam,

Very good. smiley

Ameen to your prayers brothers and sisters.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by mukina2: 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
Amin Amin

Nice post Toyosi smiley
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by illusion2: 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
This is really good ,I'm happy. . . tho' Im not a muslim,I intend to fast during Ramaddan as Im living in a muslim country. Saaalam.

rich_pitt:

From all readings it has been stated that fasting wud start on the 22nd, Shaban will be 30th on friday,
Btw How do u fink you cud help our Muslim brothers in places like Lagos (where NUDITY) has become the ladies way of life plus the constant advert and bills you c everyday would cope,
Pls concentrate on yourself,fasting is about personal spiritual development. Spend time on all the advice giving above & don't waste time or energy on peripherals, saalaam.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by sherrylo: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
Salaam all,yes the precious month is here again!May Allah give us all the strength to Fast and let us all know why we are fasting,not just for starving or letting people respect us that we are fasting as we use to do when we were younger but to come closer to him that created us all.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Abuzola(m): 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2009
Illusion, why should you fast ramadan when you are a christian or you just wanna give a trial, cos God had said in the Quran that He will render worthless the deeds of those who disbelieve in Him and His messenger, Muhammad, may the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him. But giving a trial is a good gesture, no crime and no reward.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by illusion2: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
Abuzola:

Illusion, why should you fast ramadan when you are a christian or you just wanna give a trial, cos God had said in the Quran that He will render worthless the deeds of those who disbelieve in Him and His messenger, Muhammad, may the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him. But giving a trial is a good gesture, no crime and no reward.
There u go again. . . . . . . . look this is fasting period,don't waste time trying to cast aspersion on others ,just concentrate on your own spiritual development. U can claim to be a muslim & still not be right with God.

Fasting isn't restricted to islam as u may know(even the HP M(pbuh) fasted with the Jews,so don't think u know it all).

i'll fast to subject the flesh & meditate on the word of God(Bible),u should do same (koran),but don't bother whether u are right & im wrong. We shall see on the day of judgement. . . but right now concentrate and meditate.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Abuzola(m): 12:20am On Aug 20, 2009
'verily those who disbelieve and hinder from the path of God, and oppose the messenger, after the guidance has been clearly shown to them, they will not harm God in the least, but He will make their deeds fruitless. O you who believe ! Obey God and obey the messenger (Muhammad), render your deeds not in vain' Quran 47:32-33

This verse is for you

'verily, those who have turned back as disbelievers after guidance has been manifested to them, satan has beautified for them their false hopes and God prolonged their term. This is because they said to those who hate what God has sent down (Quran): 'we will obey you in part of the matter' But God knows their secret' Quran 47:25-26

finally
'O mankind ! Be afraid of your Lord and fear a Day when no father can avail aught for his son, nor a son avail aught for his father. Verily, the promise of God is true, let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the chief deceiver (satan) deceive you about God' Quran 31:33

'let not the disbelievers think that our postponing of their punishment is good for them. We postpone the punishment only so that they may increase in sinfulness, and for them is a disgracing torment' Quran 3:178

'O my people ! Act according to ur ability and way, and i am acting, you will come to know who it is on whom descends the torment that will cover him with ignominy, and who is a liar ! And watch, verily, I too am watching with you' Quran 11:93
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by illusion2: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2009
Abuzola:

'verily those who disbelieve and hinder from the path of God, and oppose the messenger, after the guidance has been clearly shown to them, they will not harm God in the least, but He will make their deeds fruitless. O you who believe ! Obey God and obey the messenger (Muhammad), render your deeds not in vain' Quran 47:32-33
This verse is for you
'verily, those who have turned back as disbelievers after guidance has been manifested to them, satan has beautified for them their false hopes and God prolonged their term. This is because they said to those who hate what God has sent down (Quran): 'we will obey you in part of the matter' But God knows their secret' Quran 47:25-26
finally
'O mankind ! Be afraid of your Lord and fear a Day when no father can avail aught for his son, nor a son avail aught for his father. Verily, the promise of God is true, let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the chief deceiver (satan) deceive you about God' Quran 31:33
'let not the disbelievers think that our postponing of their punishment is good for them. We postpone the punishment only so that they may increase in sinfulness, and for them is a disgracing torment' Quran 3:178

'O my people ! Act according to your ability and way, and i am acting, you will come to know who it is on whom descends the torment that will cover him with ignominy, and who is a liar ! And watch, verily, I too am watching with you' Quran 11:93
If you could only LISTEN,half the time you talk. Ghandi once said "seek first to understand. . .before u can be understood" davidlyan & co have sufficient energy to take u up on ur beliefs.I honestly don't have the time or energy. . . . .so . . . . .Ramadan Kareem wink
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Shegxydoo(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
Salam Alaikum to all muslims in the house. May this Ramadan be the one we'll remember for good, throughout the days of our lives. Ma Salam
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by mukina2: 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2009
Shegxydoo:

Salam Alaikum to all muslims in the house. May this Ramadan be the one we'll remember for good, throughout the days of our lives. Ma Salam
Amin smiley
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by ajibawealt(m): 8:50am On Aug 21, 2009
Has the moon been sighted?
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Abuzola(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2009
No, tomorrow fasting will commence nationwide inshaALLAH
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Maykelly(f): 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2009
Abuzola:

No, tomorrow fasting will commence nationwide inshaALLAH

Yes, ur right. No moon No Ramadan
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Abuzola(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2009
You lied, today whether there is moon or not, ramadan must commence
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Turtiz(m): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2009
Yea that's true, Are you a muslim,I am mukadam, email me for update on Ramadan, oluwadhayor@yahoo.com if like to b friends
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by sherrylo: 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2009
Some people started fasting today.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Phemour: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2009
It happens
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by lanre2u(m): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2009
Salam alaikhum, I wish all Muslim in Nairaland and the rest of the world Happy Ramada, may Almighty Allah make it rewarding for us. Ramadan Kareem. I will like to know any nairalander muslim who lives in Columbus Ohio in th U.S to contact me on olaakintayo@yahoo.com. Ma salam
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by alimat2(f): 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2009
Sallam,

Nice post that brings the muslim nairalanders together i never knew muslims are this many on nairaland until this topic arise. grin grin grin

H A P P Y R A M A D A N K A R E E M

cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Remii(m): 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2009
May kelly:

Yes, your right. No moon No Ramadan

The rule is that if the moon is sighted start fasting, if not, count Shaban up to 30 days and start Ramadan. That is why lunar months are either 29 or 30 days.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Alveez(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2009
may almighty ALLAH reward you 4 ds thread, please i live alone can some nairalanders wake me up @ night for suhur either by flashing or call my number is 08037850229. i will appreciate this gesture if anyonne out there can help, !!!!!!!!!!!

undecidedRAMADAN KAREEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Abuzola(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2009
By the time you receive 40 missed calls for 28 days you will admire the privilege. Don't you have alarm on your phone, ? Why not set it to the time
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Virgo83(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
Happy Ramadan
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by richpitt(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2010
Thanks illusion
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2010
May kelly:

Yes, your right. No moon No Ramadan 
hehe moon ke?
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by olawalebabs(m): 6:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
just thought of reviving this thread as we approach the big month.
Re: How Singles Should Prepare For Ramadan by kolamilan(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2013
fizzybaba: spot on.

like it

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Shocking Video Shias Don't Want You To See / Imam Ali’s Mathematical Brilliance: Whole Number And NOT A Fraction / Muslims: How Did Allah Create Eve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.