Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau (12770 Views)

Saudi Prince Blames African Pilgrims For The Stampede In Mecca / More Photos From Today's Mecca Stampede That Killed At Least 220 People / Sultan Announces MOON Sighting For Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by maclatunji: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2013
6 trampled to death in scramble for Ramadan largesse

Six people were reported to have died in a stampede that broke out in front of a house belonging to a Gusau-based millionaire, Alhaji Shehu Danfulani Maidoya, early yesterday.

Vanguard gathered that in line with the spirit of Ramadan, the businessman had made it a point duty to assist the poor in the past 40 years.

According to the sources, this time around Maidoya planned to distribute some food items as usual, hence making hundreds of the villagers to gather in front of his house.

Hundreds of people were said to have trooped to his house as early as 5 a.m making it difficult for those assigned to distribute the food items to control the crowd.

It was alleged that some of those scrambling to get a share of the food items succeeded in pulling down the main gate of the building thereby giving access to many others.

Vanguard learnt that as a result of the development, stampede ensued, leading to the trampling of six people to death.

At press time, the corpses of the six people had been deposited at the Federal Medical Centre mortuary, Gusau.

The state Police Commissioner, Mr Usman Gwary, confirmed the death of the six people, adding that normalcy had been restored at the scene as, according to him, the police had dispersed the crowd.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/6-trampled-to-death-in-scramble-for-ramadan-largesse/#sthash.AT5jHPlC.dpuf
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by harlos: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2013
Hmmm... May God save us from poverty sad

R.I.P to the dead.

13 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by golpen(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Do we ask him to stop it? I think the answer is NO. But he should please learn a lesson from this incident and device an easier means of sharing the items.

But I think the poverty level amongst muslims got to that stage because most of our muslim rich have not been doing well in terms of zakaat.

May ALLAH grant the dead a good welcome

11 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by tommykiwi(m): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
Na small sometim...Food matter,God help us.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Dawdy(m): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
May Allah forgive them and grant them paradise! Sad.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
Pulled down the gate of a man's house?! See poverty! May their souls rest in peace o

3 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by DICKtator: 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
Poverty is an endemic disease . The poor needs education and must be liberated from the rich
Teach them how to fish and stop giving them fishes!!!
Very soon, this same man would use those set of people to settle political scores!!
grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Blessmira: 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
It s a pity. Dt reminds me of d stampede over TB Josh's holy H20. sad

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by oyedun82(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
DICKtator: Poverty is a disease. The poor needs education and must be liberated from the rich
Teach them how to fish and stop giving them fishes!!!
grin grin grin grin
i can see how rich u are! RIP to the dead
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by ifedun2: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Poooverrrrty!May Allah grant them Aljanah.

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Hardeywerlay(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Inna lilahi wa inna ilehi rajihun

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by DICKtator: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
oyedun82: i can see how rich u are! RIP to the dead
Dude quit being sarcastic.
Riches doesn't necessarily mean material wealth. It could be mental wealth.
Emancipation from slavery!!!!. And you mainly gain such through education!!!
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
okay, i comment my reserve
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by LawErons: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
R.I.P to the dead. my advise, the money should be channel to industralization.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
Why give a man fish when you can teach him how to fish. This is the trademark of most Muslim and northern states.
They will never help their people to gain education and be literate in life.
Selfishness.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by moscobabs(m): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
heya it a pity...but the rich man should not stop the good work.RIP to the dead.
but wait oooo...some people will still blame GEJ for this oooo!!!
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by maurisoft(m): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
how can pple nt use dia common sense
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by atlwireles: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Is this really about poverty or just simple laziness Most of this people have two legs, two hands and their mental well being is not in doubt. If you wake up by 5am to stand and beg for food. Why not show up at your farm at that time. Life in this country was worst in the 80s,90s than today. Yet most you of younglings here turned out alright. This is not about poverty but outright laziness. DON'T BEG FOR FOOD, GET YOUR OWN FOOD.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Clemzy16(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
All is can say is...

Poverty is a DISEASE, Rest in peace to the DECEASED.
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Fazhy: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
harlos: Hmmm... May God save us from poverty sad

R.I.P to the dead.

[size=18pt]A-M-E-N[/size]

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by wilxz(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
The Northern Elite cannot extend their goodwill in terms of education, instead of giving them free food why not give them scholarships. They always like see people bowing down to them at every corner.

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Bashirfuntua(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
innalillahi wa inna illayhirraj un
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Austeenxx: 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
Sex kills...

Whoops! I said POVERTY KILLS angry grin
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by 2pmstcharles(m): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
a way backwrd... Any rich hausa man has a millions nama to feed. D question nw is: y not shw d nama were to feed instd of takin a small quntity to them!? No haram meant sha
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by SterlingTowers(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2013
The Rich man should be charged to court of law for conspiracy to commit Manslaughter and multiple manslaughter.

1 Like

Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rip to the dead
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
Poverty is a curse,i refused to be poor in jesus name...........

RIP to the dead
Re: 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau by donem: 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
wilxz: The Northern Elite cannot extend their goodwill in terms of education, instead of giving them free food why not give them scholarships. They always like see people bowing down to them at every corner.
I think education is key over there, because the increase of Mendicants popularly known as almajiris is quiet alarming.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Haruna Akinola Dies At 80 (Chief Imam Of Lagos) / What Are The Defects That Must Be Disclosed To A Potential Marriage Partner? / Jumah Kareem, Jumah Mubarak, Is It Haraam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.