Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished (17641 Views)

Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) / Traders At Ladipo Market In Lagos Turn Man's Car To Mobile Shop During Repair / Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by lagosrd: 9:22am On Mar 09, 2016
kaakulator3:
A section of Ladipo market called Odo Aladura in Lagos State, western Nigeria, was Tuesday morning demolished by unidentified persons suspected to be thugs who attempted to demolish it recently before traders prevented the thugs.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the suspects invaded the market in the morning around 3:00 a.m. and demolished the entire market and hurriedly left before the traders got to the market in the morning.

Traders’ goods kept in the various shops worth millions of naira were destroyed.
Before the traders got to the market Tuesday morning, the whole shops had been reduced to rubble.

There had been crises for some weeks after the same thugs invaded the market and attempted to demolish it but the traders mobilized themselves and chased the thugs away.

That invasion of the market resulted in serious fracas between the traders and the thugs during which many traders sustained injuries.
One of the traders, Anene Utasi, was attacked with a machete and also shot. He was rushed to LUTH where he eventually died.

This sparked another round of violent protest and many shops and other properties believed to belong the leader of the thugs were destroyed.
It took the intervention of the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni before the situation was brought under control.

Following the death of Utasi, Owoseni ordered the arrest of Cemetery Attendant, Monday Lawrence and other suspected thugs who were behind the death.

Lawrence was yet to be arrested when thugs invaded the market in the early hours of Tuesday and demolished over 2,000 shops, destroing goods worth millions of naira in the shops

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/03/08/ladipo-market-demolished-2/

this unnecessary, callous, and hostile. urban land grabber things. if you are going ti demolish provide for another place for them. this is uncivil anyway may God helo those duses recover fast.
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by nedu2000(m): 9:22am On Mar 09, 2016
If ladipo is no more,is there an alternative market?
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by bfire(m): 9:23am On Mar 09, 2016
The problem there is not about Yoruba or Igbo. It the Igbo property developer against shops owners.

They both hire tugs to settle the scores. That's the fact of the matter

2 Likes

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by anibirelawal(m): 9:25am On Mar 09, 2016
Good development....... its not about tribes, just restructuring and urbanization. if u feel bad about it, u can kill yourself rather to commit suicide.....
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by wiloy2k8(m): 9:27am On Mar 09, 2016
sleekdot:
I thought Ambode has already demolished all of ladipo

What are these miscreants still lingering in the market for

Ambode do quick. The urban renewal of lagos is a must

WHEN YOU SEE YORUBA TRIBALIST RANTING LIKE A BUFFOON ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 09, 2016
grin revenge for the mockery we got from the yeebos when hausa were killing us,alaba is next computer village follows
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by garokabir: 9:28am On Mar 09, 2016
M
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by yakubuadeiza(m): 9:28am On Mar 09, 2016
mightyhazel:
The impunity of dese yoruba touts!

these yorubawas don dey over do jor.......
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by olumalcolm(m): 9:29am On Mar 09, 2016
My fellow yoruba peeps,let us open our eyes. I am nt saying we shuld allow lagos to b turned upside dwn bt sincerely let's look @ it again. Since we hv bin complaining about dis igbo guys,dey hv neva 4 once killed our pple or destroyed our properties,oshodi market was demolished,dey dint do anytin. Although it's d state govt dat decided to demolish it due to some reasons bt wat dis hausa guys r doing to us especially in lagos is out of it. U can imagine killing close to 10people all because of an issue btw okada riders. Wat if we nw demolish deir market,wat wuld happen? D governor ordered d closure of mile12 market and d nxt tin dey did was to come to first gate in ikorodu to sell deir goods. Even though some hausas hv bin in dat location 4 sometime,d crowd dere nw is smtin else. We shuld face wat we r meant to face cos if we dnt,dis mofos will cause us more havoc. Whether we like it or nt,dis pple will hv issues wit laspotech students cos dey r always lawless wherever dey go. Let us face d pple killing our pple. I am an ikorodu indigene 4 dose wu might feel I am igbo,i ain't bt let d truth b told,free dis pple.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by dkronicle(m): 9:38am On Mar 09, 2016
Heaven will not reject u for saying the truth
olumalcolm:
My fellow yoruba peeps,let us open our eyes. I am nt saying we shuld allow lagos to b turned upside dwn bt sincerely let's look @ it again. Since we hv bin complaining about dis igbo guys,dey hv neva 4 once killed our pple or destroyed our properties,oshodi market was demolished,dey dint do anytin. Although it's d state govt dat decided to demolish it due to some reasons bt wat dis hausa guys r doing to us especially in lagos is out of it. U can imagine killing close to 10people all because of an issue btw okada riders. Wat if we nw demolish deir market,wat wuld happen? D governor ordered d closure of mile12 market and d nxt tin dey did was to come to first gate in ikorodu to sell deir goods. Even though some hausas hv bin in dat location 4 sometime,d crowd dere nw is smtin else. We shuld face wat we r meant to face cos if we dnt,dis mofos will cause us more havoc. Whether we like it or nt,dis pple will hv issues wit laspotech students cos dey r always lawless wherever dey go. Let us face d pple killing our pple. I am an ikorodu indigene 4 dose wu might feel I am igbo,i ain't bt let d truth b told,free dis pple.

3 Likes

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by muller101(m): 9:40am On Mar 09, 2016
kaakulator3:
Very nice! kiss kiss after all they don't wish us well.

They were all celebrating the death of our people just few days back

The next thing is to send them and the A.b.o.kis to wherever they came from
travel out my friend. Stop idling around in ur village.
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by bittertruthz: 9:40am On Mar 09, 2016
diasporaman:
This is totally wrong. When did they become the government agency that is responsible for urban development. Shameless miscreants, lazy fools who couldn't fight the hausa/fulani at mile 12.

Enemies of the progress of an Igbo man

But there is no problem for Abia state to demolish igbo houses and business. In abia is called good news and development but when it happens in Lagos, is against igbo.

YOU PEOPLE NEED REPENTANCE. EVIL TRIBE.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by Guyman02: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2016
bittertruthz:

But there is no problem for Abia state to demolish igbo houses and business. In abia is called good news and development but when it happens in Lagos, is against igbo.

Wetin this one dey talk?
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by wiloy2k8(m): 9:44am On Mar 09, 2016
ZombieNation:
These yoruba thugs will only succeed in destroying Lagos completely

like seriously ...
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by donvicky2007: 9:46am On Mar 09, 2016
kaakulator3:
A section of Ladipo market called Odo Aladura in Lagos State, western Nigeria, was Tuesday morning demolished by unidentified persons suspected to be thugs who attempted to demolish it recently before traders prevented the thugs.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the suspects invaded the market in the morning around 3:00 a.m. and demolished the entire market and hurriedly left before the traders got to the market in the morning.

Traders’ goods kept in the various shops worth millions of naira were destroyed.
Before the traders got to the market Tuesday morning, the whole shops had been reduced to rubble.

There had been crises for some weeks after the same thugs invaded the market and attempted to demolish it but the traders mobilized themselves and chased the thugs away.

That invasion of the market resulted in serious fracas between the traders and the thugs during which many traders sustained injuries.
One of the traders, Anene Utasi, was attacked with a machete and also shot. He was rushed to LUTH where he eventually died.

This sparked another round of violent protest and many shops and other properties believed to belong the leader of the thugs were destroyed.
It took the intervention of the Lagos Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni before the situation was brought under control.

Following the death of Utasi, Owoseni ordered the arrest of Cemetery Attendant, Monday Lawrence and other suspected thugs who were behind the death.

Lawrence was yet to be arrested when thugs invaded the market in the early hours of Tuesday and demolished over 2,000 shops, destroing goods worth millions of naira in the shops

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/03/08/ladipo-market-demolished-2/

You see why we said Anambra is the most secured Nigeria State,this can't happen in Anambra except the govt wanted to demolish the market which adequate preparation and relocation will be met,Every Major market in Anambra have security operatives that protect the property of the traders and maintain orderliness in market.

I think the Traders in the major markets in Lagois metropolis should borrow such leaf from Anambra state,you will see how this thug of a thing will disappear.
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by seunny4lif(m): 9:47am On Mar 09, 2016
sad
God bless you
I have said it many Igbo is the least of our problem just like Turkish are the least problem of Germans..
Oba and co just show us that they are not concern about our lifes as Yoruba in Lagos
It's a shame angry
I respect Benin and imagine Benin population is small but yet they show Hausa no mercy in 2012
olumalcolm:
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by gretblue: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2016
mightyhazel:
The impunity of dese yoruba touts!
Just the same impunity way of Igbo touts at Upper Weka that your can't walk at Onitsha from 8pm except you want to lose your belongings.

2 Likes

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by donvicky2007: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2016
RIZLER:
grin revenge for the mockery we got from the yeebos when hausa were killing us,alaba is next computer village follows

I dont want to believe it was because of the mile 12 issue the result in the demolishing of the market but if that is the case there are other ways to deal with this demolished market issue without lifting a finger and make all and sundry feel the heat.
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by 9jatatafo(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2016
Na wa ooo
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by fulanimafia: 10:11am On Mar 09, 2016
mrofficial:
If it were to be Hausas, by now there will be riot. The igbos value life and will not embark on such. That's why no tribe should engage the Hausas in any fight. They are savages and miscreants without purpose driven life.

Mynd44 kindly treat.
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by emerged01(m): 10:16am On Mar 09, 2016
Last week,it was between yoruba and Hausa,this week it is between yoruba and Igbos. Na wa o!
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 09, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:

You see ow useless ur life is, PAINED for another man' success why ur kind lazy's around.

Typical jobless Yoruba youth.

both of you are idiots
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 09, 2016
ZombieNation:

Why did you edit your post?

Why hail ambode over this illegal demolition but keep quiet when awusa okada riders sacked your market and town in mile 12?

Foolish hypocrisy is a ****
oga if youve been to ladipo market,you should know that market should have been demolished a long time ago.especially when it rains.
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2016
Yolobas are @ it again o when it comes to d igbos they start misbehaving but its all good.whom GOD has bless not even ambode can curse

2 Likes

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by OkoyeA1(m): 10:56am On Mar 09, 2016
Oh my people, why? Because we refused to align with them when the hausas were masacaring them, their Jealousy stinks 2 high heaven! A day of reckoning is at hand.

1 Like

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by GuyfawkesAB(m): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2016
We should get our facts right before we delve into this issue.

One of the most prevalent cause of crises in most igbo-dominated market today stems from in-fighting. In Alaba Market, there's always a tussle for market leadership or a big, rich chief trying to demolish smaller shops and build a bigger plaza. In all these fights they employ thugs, even using OPC at times too.

This Ladipo issue has been on for a while now. The Monday Lawrence guy is an Igbo guy that has grown so daring. Form being commissioned to be in charge of a cemetery, to recruiting thugs into his employ and trying to gain control over large chunks of Ladipo market, he has always started fights against traders in the market. And when this happens, Law enforcement agents are brought in and the markets closed to allow sanity prevail.

The has been recurrent in Ladipo, Alaba and some other igbo-dominated markets

And then uninformed people will be quick to accuse Yorubas and the Lagos State government of selective punishment or tribalism.

Get your facts well before you throw accusations

1 Like

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2016
ZombieNation:
These yoruba thugs will only succeed in destroying Lagos completely

Where were this cowardly thugs when herdsmen were operating in ketu, see how cowardly they operate around 3am.

The ladipo traders will soon treat their fuckup.

1 Like

Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by SylarsMcQuins: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2016
solextrix:

All of us are idiots
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2016
bittertruthz:

Dont say that rubbish, where were you when that impotent oba said igbos will be thrown into the lagoon.

Where were you when herdsmen raided ketu, is it because the igbos dont have your time, guard your silly comments. angry
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by bittertruthz: 11:28am On Mar 09, 2016
kaeforum:

Dont say that rubbish, where were you when that impotent oba said igbos will be thrown into the lagoon.

Where were you when herdsmen raided ketu, is it because the igbos dont have your time, guard your silly comments. angry

YOU ARE SSTUPID. QUOTE ME ANYWHERE..... IS GOOD TO CALL SPADE A SPADE.
If it is good to demolish buildings and market in Onitsha and Aba; why is it bad to do same in Lagos? I saw upstairs, buildings and shops being demolished in Anambra and Abia. Everybody was happy and calling it a development.

why is it not development in Lagos?
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by lekkie073(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2016
sleekdot:
I thought Ambode has already demolished all of ladipo

What are these miscreants still lingering in the market for

Ambode do quick. The urban renewal of lagos is a must
guy u harsh o grin
Re: Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished by lekkie073(m): 11:50am On Mar 09, 2016
kaeforum:

The ladipo traders will soon treat their fuckup.

The only thing to be treated upon is the bruised egos of ibos that live by the axiom 'lagos is no man's land's cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Banks Pay N3.32bn As Fine In 2015 / 5 Important keys on how to Secure a loan from a bank / IMF Proposes Devaluation Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.