Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes (493 Views)

N2000 Handshake: Pastor Tony Boateng Asks Nigerians To Pay To Shake Him / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / Apostle Johnson Suleman To Pay 73-Year-Old Woman N50k Monthly Salary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes by onoslove(f): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2016
There has been a continuous call from different quarters that our religious centres should be made to pay taxes to the government. And I have always wonder the rational behind that call. For this reason, I decided to create this topic so as to get other people's opinions. Cos I for one, I do not agree that our religious centres should be made to pay taxes. As a federal government worker, I pay my tax at the end of the month and I believe several other persons pay their taxes also, and it is a collection of we the individuals that pay taxes that makes up the religious centres, so why the call for religious centres to be tax. NL what is your take on this. Pls Mod do the needful.
Re: Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes by Elosky: 8:58am On Mar 09, 2016
onoslove:
There has been a continuous call from different quarters that our religious centres should be made to pay taxes to the government. And I have always wonder the rational behind that call. For this reason, I decided to create this topic so as to get other people's opinions. Cos I for one, I do not agree that our religious centres should be made to pay taxes. As a federal government worker, I pay my tax at the end of the month and I believe several other persons pay their taxes also, and it is a collection of we the individuals that pay taxes that makes up the religious centres, so why the call for religious centres to be tax. NL what is your take on this. Pls Mod do the needful.
The church should be paying tax. many churches has businesses they run e.g schools, construction company, printing press, boreholes, airlines and hotels, these business are run on govt tax payers money e.g roads, water, security etc. and its appropriate that they should pay tax, since their schools, boreholes etc, turn out to be the most xpensive in nigeria even to their church members.
the old missionaries were exempted frm paying tax because the dont make profit, they offer free education, books, shelter and clothing, bt nw they no more do it again hence the tax.
if these churches know they cant and will not pay tax, they should stop using project built and maintained with tax payers money e.g roads, hospitals and security.
even jesus payed tax also in the bible when he said "give to caesar(tax) what belong to caezar and to God (tithe) what belongs to him"

1 Like

Re: Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes by Monalisa185(f): 9:04am On Mar 09, 2016
before nko? they should pay the highest

1 Like

Re: Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 09, 2016
I think they should pay taxes or have a registered charity that their money goes to that can be probed by the government....
And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's. Luke 20:25

Again all these NGOs should still pay taxes cos most have turned out to be profit making enterprises
Re: Should Our Religious Centres Be Made To Pay Taxes by onoslove(f): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
Monalisa185:
before nko? they should pay the highest
Why did you say so.

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Bread Monday April 18 2016 <*> Unconventional Tactics <*> / Shocking Prophecies: ‘three Very Prominent Nigerians Will Die This Year’ / What Is Evil /sin / Wickedness / Iniquity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.