Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar (697 Views)

A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! / Ghana Lottery 05/90 / CBN Raises Cash Limit To N500k For Individuals & N3m For Corporate Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar by whatalife: 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2009
Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash to Beggar
Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

A woman who won the national sports lottery has given all her prize money to a street beggar an hour after being given the cheque, a website said.
Rosemary Obiakor, 46, of Lagos , won more than three million naira in the National Sports Lottery, said a report culled from the website.
When asked what she planned to do with the money after she was presented with her cheque in a ceremony on local TV, Mrs Obiakor said she'd give it to a "lucky beggar".
"I have heard a lot of stories about how people win the lottery, and they get broke in the short run and come across a lot of misfortune. I am scared, and so I'll give it to a lucky beggar on the street," she told TV reporters.
She collected her cheque, cashed the money and gave the money to a female beggar who was sitting by the street side with her two-year old baby.
When Mrs Obiakor and a team of lottery executives handed the beggar a bag full of banknotes, she screamed with delight, and hugged them all.
She thanked her benefactor profusely and promised to start a food retail business immediately.
Before she went away with her money, the new 'millionaire' gave handfuls of money to other beggars on the street.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=148976
Re: Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar by yamakuza: 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2012
Not so smart.
Re: Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar by jamace(m): 11:00am On Feb 17, 2012
"I have heard a lot of stories about how people win the lottery, and they get broke in the short run and come across a lot of misfortune. I am scared, and so I'll give it to a lucky beggar on the street," she told TV reporters.
So, it was a transfer of perceived evil spirit and not philanthropy. This woman wicked o. shocked shocked
Re: Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar by yamakuza: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2012
^ I mean, why bother to play in the first place?
Re: Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar by tkb417(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2012
yamakuza:

^ I mean, why bother to play in the first place?

her brain is filled with saw dusts

(1) (Reply)

Online Payment And Delivery Company / Iphone Manual / What Is Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.