Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC (32101 Views)

Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues / FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding / James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by centvin008(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
Abuja - The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has revealed that the driver of the late Minister of State for Labour, James Ocholi had no valid driver's license.
The agency on Wednesday submitted an interim report to the Federal Executive Council on the crash that killed Minister of State for Labour James Ocholi, his wife and son.

FRSC Corps Marshall Boboye Oyeyemi, who presented the report, said the investigation team discovered that over speeding led to the accident which occurred Sunday on the Kaduna-Abuja Road.

Oyeyemi told the Federal Executive Council that the investigation also showed that Ocholi's driver had no licence.
President Buhari as well as the Ministers of Labour, Agriculture, Water Resources, State for Health, State for Niger Delta, State for Foreign Affairs paid glowing tributes to the late minister.

Secretary to the Government of the Federation Babachir Lawal said the president had approved that the burial "is government affair".

He said a 13-man burial committee chaired by himself had been set up with Ministers of Labour, Health, Water Resources and Trade and Investment as members.

Other members of the committee include Ocholi's sister and brother, Kogi State deputy governor.

http://m.news24.com.ng/Nigeria/National/News/ocholis-driver-had-no-drivers-licence-frsc-20160309

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by mynd1(f): 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Siberia101: 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
Theres no need having a driver license because the FRSC can't question the driver of a minister.

130 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by otokx(m): 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
Is it that he had no drivers license or the license had expired.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by DEXTROVERT: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
oga sir,

How
does
driver's
license
prevent
ACCIDENT

157 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by dahaz(m): 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
They can now blame the driver for the crash because he is not alive to defend himself..smh

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by 2rutalk1: 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
Does having a Driver's license qualify someone to be a good driver in a country like Nigeria, where even a cripple can be issued Driver's license after some "settlements". I got my first Driver's license when I never knew how to drive just because I needed it as an ID Card for business transactions. This is not an excuse in a crazy clime like Nigeria. It was his time to die whether Driver's License or no driver's license.

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by agya1: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
Unfortunate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by daniska3yaro(m): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
oga sir,
How does driver's license prevent ACCIDENT

3 Likes

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Ovamboland(m): 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
2rutalk1:
Does having a Driver's license qualify someone to be a good driver in a country like Nigeria, where even a cripple can be issued Driver's license after some "settlements". I got my first Driver's license when I never knew how to drive just because I needed it as an ID Card for business transactions. This is not an excuse in a crazy clime like Nigeria. It was his time to die whether Driver's License or no driver's license.

Typical Naija, everything is predetermined, then why bother creating a system or making things better since it won't change anything?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by DONSMITH123(m): 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
and whose fault? didn't they interview him before giving him the Job? and what's the criteria for employing a driver? mtchew. medicine after death

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by georgecso(m): 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
[size=14pt]FRSC is stupid for making such statement... May be DL is another life line or Airbag that could have protected them from dying... [/size]

10 Likes

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Barselonia(m): 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
thank God I Have a valid driver's license.... I can fire dey go... no fear of accident... is that What dey are trying to say

14 Likes

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
FRSC should be ashamed to say this. angry angry angry

10 Likes

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by OneNigeria1960(f): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
That's what happened when you overlook a qualified person for an employment and employ your paddi weda the person qualify or not.

8 Likes

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Smellymouth: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
And how is that the yardstick for the accident??

I drove without a license for 5 yrs until I fixed mine 6 yrs ago but I am a very skilled driver..

Mr FRSC,ur point is??

3 Likes

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if it's "Driver's license or Driving licence

14 Likes

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by igboboy3(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hei!! No license.

Yet the family is claiming foul play in his death.
Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Integrityfarms(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
The man has died let him rest in peace than bringing up unnecessary stories to smear the driver and other Nigerians!
This is accident and it's unplanned for. How many people have died with drivers license and insurance papers?
For God sake let the Ocholi's Rest in Peace.
Death is a necessary end of all mortals, when it will come it will come .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by iamauxin(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is a silly remark by the FRSC....

4 Likes

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by kennysteve77: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
If Ocholi's life had been spared, would FRSC have come up with this indicting report?

1 Like

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by nedu2000(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
I can bet the driver wasn't the one allotted to the minister,its a trend to see most officials failing to use drivers given to them,but instead use a driver they were using before they came into prominence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by divinelove(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Does it matter when even a blind man can get a driver's license once you pay money cool

alot of people who have never turned a steering wheel have valid driver's license soo FRSC shld shut up they have failed Nigerians angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Ellarge(f): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
hmmmmm
so what do we do about it now, do you want to arrest the driver.
Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by funkyibodude(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Siberia101:
Theres no need having a driver license because the FRSC can't question the driver of a minister.

gbam! Well said smiley. As if they would have stopped him
Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
shocked
Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by cocoberry(f): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Way over the top!!!

1 Like

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Etinosajay(m): 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lies
Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Justicealh3(m): 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
gringrin;. Rabbish, so are u (guys) telling us that av no Driving Licence de stop accident from doin What a such mess...undecidedundecided
Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
oga sir,

How
does
driver's
license
prevent
ACCIDENT

Receive Sense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC by slap1(m): 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
You people take bribe and give licence to unworthy people and Nigerian driving licence is worthless anyway. So what's your point?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki’s CCT Trial Adjourned Till 18 March As He Storms Court With 30 Senators / Ugwuanyi To Immortalize Azikiwe, See What He's Doing At Former Residence Of Zik / El-rufai Names Perpetrators Of Southern Kaduna Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.