Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues (22347 Views)

FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding / Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC / James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Domwiz4all(m): 5:43am On Mar 13, 2016
Contrary to the interim report of the investigations of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) into the accident in which the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, James Ocholi, his wife and son died, it has emerged that the driver of the ill-fated vehicle, Taiwo James Elegbede, actually had a driver’s licence.
Some of the other drivers at the transport department of the Ministry of Labour and Employment claim that Taiwo is a licensed driver and has served the ministry for about 25 years.
The FRSC had claimed that Taiwo had no licence as his name was not found on the database of the organisation.
But the sources, who are Taiwo’s colleagues at the ministry, faulted the FRSC’s pronouncement.
They also claimed that the Lexus 570 SUV in which the minister died was given to the ministry by the presidency through the office of the Head of Service.
They claimed further that when the vehicle in question was released from the presidency, they were not allowed to examine it in order to determine its condition before putting it to the late minister’s use.
They argued that the vehicle was not one of theirs and as such, there was the need for it to go through maintenance before being used for such a long journey as the one that eventually turned fatal last Sunday.
A senior colleague of Taiwo, who did not want to be named, told our reporter that he and others were disappointed at the statement of the FRSC’s Corps Marshal, Mr Boboye Oyeyemi.
According to him, the FRSC boss was at the ministry to meet with the officials on Wednesday, but he was surprised at Boboye’s statement at the Federal Executive Council meeting as it was contrary to “what he told us.”
Taiwo, according to his colleagues, was a Higher Works Superintendent and was highly professional on his job.
They said he had also gone for a mechanical/electrical engineering course at the training school in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
They also attested to his character as a committed staff member who adhered to the ethics of his job.
For example, they said Taiwo drove one of the permanent secretaries in the ministry, Dr Timiebi Koripamo-Agary, for more than eight years without any incident.
“In fact, when Mama Agary left the ministry, she still requested for his service because Taiwo is very good. He was released and was with the former permanent secretary for almost six years after she had left this ministry, until we said ‘enough is enough’ and recalled him,” one of his colleagues said.
He showed photocopies of all the staff members’ driver’s licence, including Taiwo’s, which he, however, said expired on January 15, 2016 along with some of his colleagues’ and that they had all gone to renew them since the last two months “but the process is being delayed as usual” by the FRSC.
“To say that Taiwo has no driver’s licence is very unfortunate. Yes, this is the copy. It expired in January and we have already started the renewal process, but the FRSC would tell you that you can only get a new one three months after you apply. Even if they say this one is fake, they should ask themselves, because it is produced by them and it is their property. They should tell us how and why,” the source said.
He accused the FRSC of making such a damaging pronouncement against Taiwo, who was injured in the accident, in order to blame him for the crash.
His colleagues said Taiwo has chest pain and is still lying ill at the hospital and, therefore, it is not true that he was the one who took pictures that was circulated on social media.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ocholi’s-driver-had-licence-frsc-is-processing-renewal-—colleagues

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 13, 2016
Lobatan.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by mackhunter77: 5:54am On Mar 13, 2016
SO FOR THE TIME BETWEEN EXPIRATION AND RENEWAL, DRIVERS ARE ACTUALLY UNLICENSED?
OMASE O! SLOW LICENSE PROCESSING IN NIGERIA DON MAKE FRSC GIVE FALSE INFORMATION

30 Likes

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by emiwanlee(m): 6:03am On Mar 13, 2016
They have been infected with the spirit of lai

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by otokx(m): 6:08am On Mar 13, 2016
FRSC should have been silent on the matter; now they have been exposed.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Junior66(m): 6:09am On Mar 13, 2016
i said it
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by sainthumble: 6:26am On Mar 13, 2016
grin[color=#000099][/color]Here everything is always on a slow process smiley
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by sainthumble: 6:27am On Mar 13, 2016
Here everything is always on a slow process smiley
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by sinkhole: 6:52am On Mar 13, 2016
Stupidity in this country is stupendous!

7 Likes

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 13, 2016
mackhunter77:
SO FOR THE TIME BETWEEN EXPIRATION AND RENEWAL, DRIVERS ARE ACTUALLY UNLICENSED?
OMASE O! SLOW LICENSE PROCESSING IN NIGERIA DON MAKE FRSC GIVE FALSE INFORMATION
If your driver's license is going through the renewal process, FRSC would normally give you a temporary slip. You can even check the validity of your driver's license on the FRSC website. If you procure your license without going to the FRSC and having your biometrics captured, it is fake. It doesn't matter if you can drive well.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 13, 2016
emiwanlee:
They have been infected with the spirit of lai

Who's is lying here. The authority for issuance of drivers license said they have no record of him and you want to believe his colleagues who perhaps procured their fake license in cheaper and quicker way.

5 Likes

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by sinkhole: 7:02am On Mar 13, 2016
kITATITA:

Who's is lying here. The authority for issuance of drivers license said they have no record of him and you want to believe his colleagues who perhaps procured their fake license in cheaper and quicker way.
You mean that all drivers in that ministry have fake driver's licence? I think that does not make sense! If that is true then FRSC needs to be seriously probed.

19 Likes

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by phlemzy: 7:36am On Mar 13, 2016
It can't just be that FRSC was saying the truth before. Spirit of Linus!
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2016
sinkhole:
You mean that all drivers in that ministry have fake driver's licence? I think that does not make sense! If that is true then FRSC needs to be seriously probed.

You too can check if the photocopied license provided by his colleagues is genuine or fake. Go to FRSC website https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/ . Go to DL Application. From the drop down menu select Re-issue of Driver's license and impute the information required. It requires only drivers license number and date of birth and search. I just did

3 Likes

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by CACAWA(m): 8:35am On Mar 13, 2016
Date of first issue, 2013?

Lol..it is obviously fake.

If that is not his first license, then truly his name isn't in their database.

My own date of first issue is 2004 and I'm still young.

5 Likes

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 13, 2016
You are absolutely correct. I just ran a check and its not in the database. They claim he's been working with them for 25 years. The license also states that he's not required to wear glasses while driving but we can see from the picture that the man has sight issues.

1 Like

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 13, 2016
Dem don appoint Lai Mohammed as frsc boss ni?undecided

Too many lies in this govt.angry

3 Likes

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by anonimi: 9:23am On Mar 13, 2016
That is to say- his license EXPIRED, which means he had NO license while driving a SAN lawyer. shocked
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Barselonia(m): 9:23am On Mar 13, 2016
I believe What his colleague said Because When I renewed
my driver's license, I waited close to 6 month before I was called for capturing (just ordinary picture and thump scan )......

secondly, is frsc saying once ur license expired or due for renewal ,u are automatically an inexperienced driver......lolzzz

Anyway This doesn't cause for argument... run check is registration number from their data, If It's there, it would bring out is profile...... That's How I confirm mine When I Did it..

1 Like

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by PeteVlogger: 9:23am On Mar 13, 2016
How will you say he doesn't have license?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by badonkadonk: 9:25am On Mar 13, 2016
sainthumble:
grin[color=#000099][/color]Here everything is always on a slow process smiley

Wetin u expect... Baba go slow is in power..

1 Like

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by pman06(m): 9:28am On Mar 13, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by repogirl(f): 9:28am On Mar 13, 2016
Liars everywhere!

1 Like

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by wiloy2k8(m): 9:29am On Mar 13, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by wiloy2k8(m): 9:29am On Mar 13, 2016
It's obviously fake

1 Like

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by ipreach: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2016
But they told us that he doesnt have license?
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by bettercreature(m): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2016
So the driver is still alive? continue!

1 Like

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by ercel: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2016
So many conflicting issues-
Date of first issue on the License shown above is 2013 and in Plateau. Meanwhile it's said he drove a federal permanent secretary for 6-8 years,question now is was he driving the P.S without a driver's licence?

1 Like

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Stephanx1988(m): 9:35am On Mar 13, 2016
NIGERIA my country......
Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by nickxtra(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2016
It is a fake driver's licence issued hy some unscrupulous personnels of FRSC and V.I.O. That's the reason his details could not be found In their database. The driver could not havr been living and working in the F.C.T and the driver's like licence bears Plateau State. I have been a victim of fake driver's licence.

1 Like

Re: Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues by Moheat(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2016
I just checked it on https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org and the licence is fake. Before FRSC could come out with such info, they must have done their homework by querying their data base for such as info. FRSC is one of the para military agencies I respect so much.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Atiku Is The Chief Financier Of Fulani Herdsmen" - Paul Unongo, NEF Chairman / Teneo Intelligence: Buhari Could Lose In 2019 As Osun Election Indicates / All Former Governors Of Zamfara Rally Behind Matawalle For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.