Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

The Ted Haggard Scandal - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ted Haggard Scandal (6327 Views)

George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Christ Embassy: Concealed Sex Scandal Exposed / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA In Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ted Haggard Scandal by Seun(m): 10:30am On Nov 26, 2006
Some of these 'perfect' laws of 'unchanging God' of the bible are listed below:

Dt 22:28-29
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Why would a woman want to marry a rapist? God doesn't care.

Lev 19:27
Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
Don't trim your beard. How deep.

Num 15:32-38
While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded.
You piss me off, you die! Even Abacha didn't go this far.

Ok, back to the issue of homosexuality and Ted Haggard.
If homosexuality is as bad as murder, why can't Pastor Ted be punished as a murderer?
Shouldn't the punishment for a crime be in accordance with its severity?
Re: The Ted Haggard Scandal by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2006
The levitical laws to the Israelites are not to be observed today see what the scriptures say.

Gal 2:16   know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Gal 2:19   For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.

Gal 2:21   I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”*

let him that has an ear hear.
Re: The Ted Haggard Scandal by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2006
Our Justification is by Christ not by old testament laws.

Act 13:38 “Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.

Act 13:39 Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.
Re: The Ted Haggard Scandal by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2006
Seun:

Ok, back to the issue of homosexuality and Ted Haggard.
If homosexuality is as bad as murder, why can't Pastor Ted be punished as a murderer?
Shouldn't the punishment for a crime be in accordance with its severity?

Maybe you should find out from the Colorado legal system and tell us.
I'm itching to know.
Re: The Ted Haggard Scandal by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2006
shocked shocked sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Challenging The Skeptics / Apostle Johnson Suleman An Evil Spiritualist Under A Mask,, Dont Be Deceived / Winners' Chapel Kick Off Their Annual 21 Days Of Fasting And Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.