Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard (30746 Views)

Senate Probes Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Over N4tr Customs Revenue / Nigerian Twitter Reacts To NNPC Workers' Protest Of Unbundling Of NNPC / Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
CFCman:

We all know that the NNPC, as we know it, is a cesspool of corruption. But the president cannot act illegally to reform/reorganize the institution. Due process must be followed.

Shut up joor! Due process my foot on this matter. Did you get result with due process on PIB bill?
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Dononiii(m): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hmn...
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by MCMXCVIII(m): 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
mrphysics:
Rubbish from the senator, all they sit and do during plenary is to make stupid laws that will favour them, and make laws that will fight against the president.

rubbish from saraki led senators. how many laws that will favour the masses have they made.

I stand with buhari and I expect the APC senators to reject this move.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by JUHABACH: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
Sunky200:
those criminals in that chambers will definitely form active but our eyes don open.

NNPC must be overhauled.

well, i hope they won't act against public interst or they'll further loose the respect and confidence Nigerians has in them

no one is questioning buhari's motives. but due process must be followed. this is a democracy, not a dictatorship.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by tunde300us(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
I think we should be very careful following fly to soak away. 5 new subsidiaries were created and they want NNPC to write them before doing that,and yet some ppl re all over nairaland with so many abusive words. No be una fault na internet wey be free na
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ahmeduana:

THUNDER FIRE AND STRIKE WHO EVER SUPPORT ILLEGALITIES.

What is illegal about it? The reps and senators should just do the needful - repeal the NNPC act and introduce the clause that enables the government to unbundle it if necessary.

I support due process but not on this one due to the antecedents of the senate. We should stop deceiving ourselves, we must progress in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by chisupport: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
Na dem go taya oooo!!!!....very soon, they will be dismantled, unbunddled, and bundled away......Nigeria need an iron-fist democrat, to shake up the system...for now, am with Sir Buhari on the fight against Kworupshon!!!

"Peace to all men of Good-will..."..Udo Di'ri unu"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by introvertedsoul: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
Sunky200:
those criminals in that chambers will definitely form active but our eyes don open.

NNPC must be overhauled.

well, i hope they won't act against public interst or they'll further loose the respect and confidence Nigerians has in them

You call this an overhaul?
This is killing a cyclops and replacing it with a hydra headed monster.
Moves and decisions like these require well calculated and seriously deliberated steps, not brash actions on impulse based on personal motive.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
JUHABACH:

no one is questioning buhari's motives. but due process must be followed. this is a democracy, not a dictatorship.

If he has to be a dictator to get somethings right in time and on time, so be it. We know the antecedents of the reps and senators - perverts, corrupt and saboteurs.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by JUHABACH: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

You should know that will be herculean task; how long has the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) been in the house of representative and senate? They didn't pass it till date and you are asking PMB to toe that line too knowing that the perverts, selfish and corrupt reps and senators will trade on it till infinity to enrich their pockets and frustrate the move.

I stand with PMB on this one. Sometimes he may need to exercise fiat in a bid to achieve expected results. I choose to treat this as an executive decision. Senate and reps can go to hell!

you do realise thhat if buhari fails to follow due process on matters such as this, not only will his action be deemed null & void (i.e. pointlesd/futile), he will also leave himself open to impeachment proceedings. thats how democracy works bruh.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
introvertedsoul:

You call this an overhaul?
This is killing a cyclops and replacing it with a hydra headed monster.
Moves and decisions like these require well calculated and seriously deliberated steps, not brash actions on impulse based on personal motive.

What makes you think it wasn't well calculated, discussed, analyzed and planned?

What do you know about the move that makes you think it is hyra headed monster? Tell us!

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
JUHABACH:

you do realise thhat if buhari fails to follow due process on matters such as this, not only will his action be deemed null & void (i.e. pointlesd/futile), he will also leave himself open to impeachment proceedings. thats how democracy works bruh.

Try the impeachment joker now and see the reaction. We are waiting

2 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Teespice(f): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
mankan2k7:
what do u expect from a serial lawbraker? He still believes he is dictator, his DSS men harassing law abiding citizens. He deserves to be impeached asap

is it by typing from the comfort of your home?

start the impeachment process na

smh. if you have nothing reasonable to say, keep quiet abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by JUHABACH: 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

If he has to be a dictator to get somethings right in time and on time, so be it. We know the antecedents of the reps and senators - perverts, corrupt and saboteurs.

it is unfortunate that the system is imperfect but no one is above the constitution.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by introvertedsoul: 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
JUHABACH:

I am questioning his motive my friend.
I can remember vividly that there is a Petroleum Industrial Bill or something of that nature on the tables. . .
Wouldn't that make this "overhaul" or the PIB itself superfluous?
So what really is the rationale behind this "unbundling" or whatever they have chosen to call it.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by JUHABACH: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

Try the impeachment joker now and see the reaction. We are waiting
i do not understand. are you implying that buhari is above the law?
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Abeymills(m): 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
All hail d tyrant all hail d zombies make Una do scatter everything commot yeye govt
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
JUHABACH:

it is unfortunate that the system is imperfect but no one is above the constitution.

Be realistic, PMB has not violated the constitution. He has taken the decision in the best interest of Nigeria and so help him God. That is one of the fiduciary responsibilities he swore to uphold and I am pleased with him on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

Shut up joor! Due process my foot on this matter. Did you get result with due process on PIB bill?
If Buhari goes ahead to unilaterally unbundle the NNPC, what stops concerned individuals from suing the FG? A Federal High Court would easily rule in favor of the plaintiff(s), holding that the president's actions were illegal, null and void.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by dzaine: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
Akshow:
I stand with Buhari. Thunder faya any wailer that will quote me.

I'm waiting for the thunder

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
JUHABACH:

i do not understand. are you implying that buhari is above the law?

He acted in the best interest of Nigeria and that is legal, we gave him the mandate when we voted him President.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by HzRF(m): 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
Sunky200:

NNPC must be overhauled.

What's public interest

The interest of zombies?

Spell it to the tyrant we are in DEMOCRACY

Rules are to be followed
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Wallade(m): 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
CFCman:

If Buhari goes ahead to unilaterally unbundle the NNPC, what stops concerned individuals from suing the FG? A Federal High Court would easily rule in favor of the plaintiff(s), holding that the president's actions were illegal, null and void.

Let the concerned fellows go to court and challenge the decision of the president on this matter. We shall be waiting
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Opharhe: 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
Sunky200:

NNPC must be overhauled.

In as much as i fully support the overhaul of the NNPC(infact Nigerian as a whole needs overhauling), Buhari did'nt follow the right procedure which is amendment of the act establishing the NNPC first. Do you really think the Senators are working against public(Nigerians) interest? Are the protesting workers not Nigerians too?
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by HzRF(m): 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
tubouncen:
Ok

Bro they summoned him because it didnt favour them, if it'd favorur them, they would have kept mute...

Don't let ur hatred for buhari consume ur entire system cos u still have atleast 3more years to have him as YOUR president... Learn to read and decipher posts before commenting

So he can just do away with the law and do as he want
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by JUHABACH: 6:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

Be realistic, PMB has not violated the constitution. He has taken the decision in the best interest of Nigeria and so help him God. That is one of the fiduciary responsibilities he swore to uphold and I am pleased with him on this matter.

unbundling the NNPC would be tatamount to repealing the NNPC Act. suchh actions require both the executive and the legislative, else it is unconstitutional. this is basically a major reason why enactment of laws in nigeria occur at snail-slow pace

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by HzRF(m): 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
mrphysics:
Rubbish from the senator, all they sit and do during plenary is to make stupid laws that will favour them, and make laws that will fight against the president.

rubbish from saraki led senators. how many laws that will favour the masses have they made.

I stand with buhari and I expect the APC senators to reject this move.

Lol

So adeyeye (tinubu boy) is now fighting buhaha?
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by christconscious: 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
In as much that Saraki remains the senate president with his pending corrupt charges at court,I ll hardly take any move by them against the executive on any issue serious. Meanwhile presdo should ve followed the rule of law since we are in a democracy.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by farem: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
mankan2k7:
what do u expect from a serial lawbraker? He still believes he is dictator, his DSS men harassing law abiding citizens. He deserves to be impeached asap

You Call Buhari a lawBRAKER while you are a concentrated English language lawBREAKER.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by introvertedsoul: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

He acted in the best interest of Nigeria and that is legal, we gave him the mandate when we voted him President.
[size=16pt]No need to complicate issues. . . You could simply answer his question and say veto power was used, but then again there was no bill to be vetoed. With that said, it is glaringly obvious BUHARI's actions are illegal. NO MAN IS ABOVE THE LAW, NO ONE!!![/size]
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by obynaDmob(m): 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
sapiosexual1:

No I didn't, I was given astronomical promotions from primary school to post graduate college.
How about you? How depressed and zombied can you get that you don't understand a little pun?

That explains alot undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by JUHABACH: 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

not sure you understand how democracy works, bruh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Is ‘seriously’ Broke – Lai mohammed / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Bishop Oyedepo Today (Photos) / Obasanjo: Nigerians Will Be Fools To Fall For Buhari Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.