Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard (30766 Views)

Senate Probes Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Over N4tr Customs Revenue / Nigerian Twitter Reacts To NNPC Workers' Protest Of Unbundling Of NNPC / Unbundling: NNPC Shuts Down Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by amaechi1: 8:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
mile12crises:
Buhari was a former military Dictator and still Democratic Dictator.

He cannot change.

He has violated Nigeria constitution on different occasions and deserve an impeachment notice to make him seat up.

PMB does not believe in rule of Law. He still have military believe of Head of State instead of President.

God save Naija from Tyrant PMB.

He is tyrant because he has not done it your way. Perhaps, a tyrant because he has taken the bull by horn to restructure NNPC for accountability. Should PMB resign today people like you will still blame him.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by megaweight(m): 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
mrphysics:
Rubbish from the senator, all they sit and do during plenary is to make stupid laws that will favour them, and make laws that will fight against the president.

rubbish from saraki led senators. how many laws that will favour the masses have they made.

I stand with buhari and I expect the APC senators to reject this move.
And who raise the point of order in the first place was it not a high ranking senator of apc??
mrphysics:
Rubbish from the senator, all they sit and do during plenary is to make stupid laws that will favour them, and make laws that will fight against the president.

rubbish from saraki led senators. how many laws that will favour the masses have they made.

And who raise the point of order in the first place was it not a high ranking senator of apc??
mrphysics:

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Sunky200: 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
JUHABACH:

no one is questioning buhari's motives. but due process must be followed. this is a democracy, not a dictatorship.

yes due process must be followed i agree.
tell me, does the last administration succeed following due process?

i think the president dictator traits and decision sometimes is needed to get things done quickly.

desperate times needs desperate measures

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by moshoodn(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wow!
Never knew I could go through five pages of comment, line by line.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Dee60: 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
Sunky200:
those criminals in that chambers will definitely form active but our eyes don open.

NNPC must be overhauled.

well, i hope they won't act against public interst or they'll further loose the respect and confidence Nigerians has in them

What respect? They will gain some if they release their budget for scrutiny. Otherwise, no one takes them serious, and they themeslves are aware of that!
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
Trendishine:
y must u bring igbo n ur tribal slur into pertinent issues like this? u prove urself more inane than the buffon u are qouting..am an igbo guy, n i support buhari over 200%.. the pleb uv quoted is an inaffectual pdp buffon and uv ignorantly towed even a more terrible mental line of derailment n tribal slur. than the nimrod u qouted. wonder y tribal bigotry of most of u plebeians makes a mess of even the most little points u try 2 make. jst to steal cheap points of wanting 2 insult a tribe. as if u even have any dignity left.. wen ur meaningless statement alone have shown how inferior n less reasonable u are. na wa 4 una o. u shld try and grow sense.. u jst made a fool of wateva u intend 2 spew.

What is this one saying?
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Laid2001: 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
what law is broken?

NNPC still remains NNPC and all the units' CEOs will still report to NNPC GMD or GCEO which remains Kachukwu himself.

When IDSL and NETCO was created, the law was not changed! So creating this 4 units needs no change of law. Anybody that does not agree can go to court for interpretation of the NNPC act which granted a lot of power to the president and minister of petroleum.!
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by JUHABACH: 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wallade:

Go to court. He didn't violate the constitution. He will only do the needful by officially requesting the legislative arm to repeal and amend the NNPC act.
acting indepedently already violates the constitution. which is what buhari did by splintering the NNPC without consulting the legislature.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by JUHABACH: 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
Sunky200:

yes due process must be followed i agree.
tell me, does the last administration succeed following due process?

i think the president dictator traits and decision sometimes is needed to get things done quickly.

desperate times needs desperate measures

i think you are mixing up morality and legality. morally, buhari's actions are sound. hwowever, they are legally wrong irrespective of the intent behind them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Celery(m): 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
The cabals are afraid already and they are fighting the change that has come. Whom the gods will kill, he be fools.
Awon oniranu.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by gemtlesoul123: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
We can't sleep and face the same place, the best is to change d way of ur living for better purpose
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by llade(m): 4:59am On Mar 10, 2016
Laid2001:
what law is broken?

NNPC still remains NNPC and all the units' CEOs will still report to NNPC GMD or GCEO which remains Kachukwu himself.

When IDSL and NETCO was created, the law was not changed! So creating this 4 units needs no change of law. Anybody that does not agree can go to court for interpretation of the NNPC act which granted a lot of power to the president and minister of petroleum.!
Gbam
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by harffie(m): 5:37am On Mar 10, 2016
tubouncen:
Ok

Bro they summoned him because it didnt favour them, if it'd favorur them, they would have kept mute...

Don't let ur hatred for buhari consume ur entire system cos u still have atleast 3more years to have him as YOUR president... Learn to read and decipher posts before commenting
God bless you for this comment.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by harffie(m): 5:39am On Mar 10, 2016
JUHABACH:

i think you are mixing up morality and legality. morally, buhari's actions are sound. hwowever, they are legally wrong irrespective of the intent behind them.
Hmm...all these grammars won't feed someone o.. You may be right tho.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by dBard: 6:18am On Mar 10, 2016
tubouncen:
Ok

Bro they summoned him because it didnt favour them, if it'd favorur them, they would have kept mute...

Don't let ur hatred for buhari consume ur entire system cos u still have atleast 3more years to have him as YOUR president... Learn to read and decipher posts before commenting

He has been summoned because the action taken borders on a constitutional breach and d Senate is rightly doing wat it's meant to do, checkmating Executive excesses.
If those simple democratic principles are lost on u, then.....
Peace
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by emerged01(m): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2016
Sunky200:
those criminals in that chambers will definitely form active but our eyes don open.

NNPC must be overhauled.

well, i hope they won't act against public interst or they'll further loose the respect and confidence Nigerians has in them

NNPC must be overhauled. We can't continue to do things old ways and expect new results. At every point in time,organisation needs to be restructured.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Trendishine: 6:36am On Mar 10, 2016
[quothor=DabELLs post=43629864]

What is this one saying? [/quote] what would ur cassava head allow u understand ? nothing. but if its 2 jump into yoruba / igbo tribal bickerings u wld be number 1. nimrods in nairaland
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 10, 2016
Trendishine:
[quothor=DabELLs post=43629864]

What is this one saying? what would ur cassava head allow u understand ? nothing. but if its 2 jump into yoruba / igbo tribal bickerings u wld be number 1. nimrods in nairaland

Where were you when God was giving out common sense?
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by olasco123: 8:01am On Mar 10, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Though the unbundling of the NNPC is a good move,but it's rather unfortunate that it's not in accordance with the law..the govt should have first tried to amend the NNPC act before going thru with the unbundling process..
I don't think a serious minister needs to always go back to the senate to reorganize his ministry for better accountability and performance. This has always been done without any noise. But when it's Buhari, it must be wrong. as long as its not favourable to the looters, it's must be dictatorship. God help this country.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Trendishine: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2016
DabELLs:

Where was i when God was giving out common sense?

and in ur deranged mind u have common sense?..i smh for u...the product of ur charf brain is legendary...receive sense, boy..u are not even willing to think.. na wa.. a dabell that d doesn't see beyound his nose..
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by mideactive: 8:35am On Mar 10, 2016
We don't av senate in Nigeria,it'l be a wast of tym 4 pmb 2 take any bill2 dat house of clowns..lobish
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by gidado14(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2016
mile12crises:
ABUJA- THE Senate has begun the process into the probe of the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to unbundle the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC In a point of Order by Senate Chief Whip, Senator Olusola Adeyeye on the floor of the Senate today, he drew the attention of other Senators to the unbundling of the nation’s agency in charge of the oil and gas sector in the country.

Adeyeye who will formally present a motion tomorrow where there would be extensive debate at the plenary, described the exercise as illegal as the federal government did not consult the National Assembly to repeal the enabling law that set up the organisation, before breaking it into different components.

Workers of the NNPC had shut down the corporation’s operations nationwide following the exercise and the development had led to fuel queues across the country. Details later…

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/senate-probes-nnpc-unbundling-says-action-of-buhari-is-illegal/
All this noise is because there is no bribe for NASS members like it was in the previous administrations but God Know this man is working so wailers keep wailing
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by lexyclasy: 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
mrphysics:

Did u read the focal points b4 exposing your ignorance here...the senator that make the move is the chief whip that happens to be APC senator ok....nobody is against the un-bundling of the sector but we will reject every tyrant moves from the presidency....this is a democratic settings where things has to be done appropriate and other sector consulted.......when Goodluck initiated the un-bundling of the power sector ,he consulted NASS to repil the NEPA Act to Electricity Power Sector Reform...if you bulldog thinks he can succeed without the law makers then he is a learner....I can now see that the advisers of the central government have nothing upstairs.....so pathetic
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by mrphysics(m): 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
lexyclasy:
Did u read the focal points b4 exposing your ignorance here...the senator that make the move is the chief whip that happens to be APC senator ok....nobody is against the un-bundling of the sector but we will reject every tyrant moves from the presidency....this is a democratic settings where things has to be done appropriate and other sector consulted.......when Goodluck initiated the un-bundling of the power sector ,he consulted NASS to repil the NEPA Act to Electricity Power Sector Reform...if you bulldog thinks he can succeed without the law makers then he is a learner....I can now see that the advisers of the central government have nothing upstairs.....so pathetic

Mr wise man.

The president don't just wake up and initiate any policy, he must have consulted the minister and other experts. in a situation in which a Senator who just came for plenary and has shallow knowledge of the issue at hand to stand up and reject it without asking from experts, is not right. He must have witnessed such initiative before but from different persons and as such should make enquiry on how the present government wants to go about it. that was my point and you are responsible to what you understand. thanks
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Trendishine:
and in ur deranged mind u have common sense?..i smh for u...the product of ur charf brain is legendary...receive sense, boy..u are not even willing to think.. na wa.. a dabell that d doesn't see beyound his nose..

If I hurt your feelings in any way I just want you to know from the bottom of my heart that I don’t care.
grin
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by MabraO: 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
bjdon:
Ok who do we blame for this one

IBB---Already Blamed

GEJ--Already Blamed

Ngozi--Already Blamed

Nigerian People---Already Blamed

I guess the only person to blame now is Lord Lugard!

The biafrisns re blaming lugard for the almagamation
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Trendishine: 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
DabELLs:

If I hurt your feelings in any way I just want you to know from the bottom of my heart that I don’t care.
grin
lol , like i care if u care...?..cheesy.. werey niye..
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
Trendishine:
lol , like i care if u care...?..cheesy.. werey niye..
Why Don’t You Slip Into Something More Comfortable. Like A Coma?
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Trendishine: 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
DabELLs:

Why Don’t i Slip Into Something More Comfortable. Like A Coma?
lol...bushrat....seems u aint tired ryt?... nice..i shld start wit u lyk ryyyt away. u shld mention me again k. ..u wld need purging..like sincerely...i hv been wanting to tell u,but its clear dat u do appear like the lava infested clitoris of an old leprous witch from ur mental geometry..abasha, iranu is ur case personefied at dis jucture...seriously..i have given u a job.. u shld mention again boy.. i wld luv 2 wake u up from ur coma slipping habit....uv been long far lost anyway.. do mention ..purging is ur required recommendation at this point ....they dnt grow up..trolls (dabells) in nairaland .. i shake my head 4 u.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by lawydewy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
mile12crises:
ABUJA- THE Senate has begun the process into the probe of the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to unbundle the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC In a point of Order by Senate Chief Whip, Senator Olusola Adeyeye on the floor of the Senate today, he drew the attention of other Senators to the unbundling of the nation’s agency in charge of the oil and gas sector in the country.

Adeyeye who will formally present a motion tomorrow where there would be extensive debate at the plenary, described the exercise as illegal as the federal government did not consult the National Assembly to repeal the enabling law that set up the organisation, before breaking it into different components.

Workers of the NNPC had shut down the corporation’s operations nationwide following the exercise and the development had led to fuel queues across the country. Details later…

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/senate-probes-nnpc-unbundling-says-action-of-buhari-is-illegal/

Senate tells Kachikwu to discuss with the National
Assembly anytime the need arises

– Says what Kachikwu did to NNPC was reorganization and
not unbundling

The Senate has absolved Ibe Kachikwu, the minister of
state for petroleum of blame regarding the reorganization
of NNPC.

The senate on Thursday, March 10 said that Ibe Kachikwu,
the minister of state for petroleum did breach the law.
READ ALSO: NNPC Unbundling: I was misunderstood –
Kachikwu
While briefing the press after the executive session,
Senator Tayo Alasoadura, the chairman of the joint
committee on upstream and downstream said the minister
has not committed any offence.
He said although no offence was committed, he asked the
minister to discuss with the National Assembly anytime
the need arises.
Alasoadura added that what Kachikwu did was
reorganization and not unbundling.
“We feel he has not contravened the law.
“NNPC is a corporation that was made by a body in the
national assembly so it was right to have come to us to
discuss, ” he said.
However, Jubril Barau, the vice chairman of the committee
on upstream on petroleum downstream, also added that no
part of NNPC that was touched which means the minister
did not do anything wrong.
Also, he said there was agreement to start a new beginning
in the sector.
When asked what he was doing, he said kachukuwu is
called reorganization.
The senate on Wednesday summoned Minister of State for
Petroleum Ibe Kachikwu over unbuldling of Nigeian National
Petroleum Coporation (NNPC) over his announcement of
the creation of seven independent units.

However, it was reported that President Muhammadu
Buhari approved the immediate split of the Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) into seven units.
This approval was announced by Dr Ibe Kachikwu, Nigeria’s
minister of state for Petroleum Resources, on Tuesday,
March 8.
Meanwhile, the National Union of Petroleum and Natural
Gas (NUPENG) and the Petroleum and Natural Gas Seniour
Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN), have called off
their strike action.

Labour unions in Nigeria’s oil sector called off the strike
with immediate effect after a late night meeting with
Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, the minister of state for
petroleum.
The unions had shut offices of Nigerian National Petroleum
Corporation (NNPC) nationwide following the announcement
of its unbundling by Kachikwu.
Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 11, 2016
Trendishine:
lol...bushrat....seems u aint tired ryt?... nice..i shld start wit u lyk ryyyt away. u shld mention me again k. ..u wld need purging..like sincerely...i hv been wanting to tell u,but its clear dat u do appear like the lava infested clitoris of an old leprous witch from ur mental geometry..abasha, iranu is ur case personefied at dis jucture...seriously..i have given u a job.. u shld mention again boy.. i wld luv 2 wake u up from ur coma slipping habit....uv been long far lost anyway.. do mention ..purging is ur required recommendation at this point ....they dnt grow up..trolls (dabells) in nairaland .. i shake my head 4 u.

Re: Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 11, 2016
Trendishine:

Whao! kelechukwu clap for yourself I'm loving all these your long paragraphs. But, tell me. Is being stupid a profession or are you just gifted?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Remove Ademola Adeleke’s Name From Exam Malpractices Charges / FG To Commence Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians Nationwide / Are These The Four Richest People Of Imo State Origin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.