Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc (1368 Views)

How Do I Connect My Bis To Pc So I Can Browse / How Do I Connect Nokia 5330(dstv Mobile) To Laptop(hp Pavilon) Or Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by JBabs: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2006
Please can anybody explain the necessary steps i need to take to connect my sendo x with a celtel line to my computer help needed
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by Neoteny(m): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2006
it makes no difference what operator you're using. just insert the pc connect CD that came with ur fone, install the software on it and then connect ur fone with the usb cable included in the package to the usb port of ur pc. windows will start the FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD for you to guide you, follow the instructions onscreen and when prompted select the appropriate drivers for ur windows (XP, 2000, Me etc). when done the pc connect Mrouter agent icon will appear as a black arrow head on ur system tray on the bottom right of ur screen. cheers.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by JBabs: 7:59am On Nov 07, 2006
Neoteny i don't think it works because i have tried it before but all the same thanks does it work on ur sendo x or u are using another phone entirely but u can still make ur explaination clearer with full details & steps i will be waiting to try it again.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by naomijt(f): 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2006
I'm not a phone expert, but I hang around someone who is. I think PC internet can not work via cable on the Sendo X. Try bluetooth instead.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by kitaun(m): 3:04am On Nov 08, 2006
@Neotenny, i have this Sagem V-56 and its not connecting via cable nor infrared, what do i do?
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by tovic(m): 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2006
it hasn't ben long that i just heard that via any of the network that has GPRS enabled it is possible  to have an internet connection to your p.c but the modality of tye connectin is what am still about to get.cos i also need it badly.As soon as i get it i would let you know but from what i heard the phone used was a Nokia phone but the person who informed me is an info tech engineer  and he let me realize that it could go with any GPRS enabled phone.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by JBabs: 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2006
We are waitin
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by JBabs: 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2006
We are waitin
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by Neoteny(m): 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2006
@general, meaning everybody
u have to realize that most fones, with the exception of nokia ngage, are not automatically recognized as mass storage devices or flashdrives via usb the way digital cameras are (i think the motoroal L7, however is), therefore you must install the appropriate drivers that would initiate proper communication protocols between your fone and pc. if your pc has a bluetooth hardware or infrared port then you dont need any drivers as this beaming system is supported by windows xp unless you need to use the fone as a modem, in which case u may need to install proprietary infrared modem drivers in the cd if the inbulit windows IR modem software does not support your fone(unlikely, IRDA is a standard).
in other words, if you use bluetooth or IR to beam data you do not need to install any drivers (but if you are planning to synchronize phone and pc, U NEED TO INSTALL YOUR FONES PC SUITE).

@JBabs
every sendo pc connect cd is unique to the phone that came with it, therefore your phone can only interface with the cd in ur package. borrowing a friends cd WILL NOT WORK!
1. pop the PC Connect CD into your cdrom/dvdrom bay.
2. choose to install the software in it.
3. after you are done, dont eject the cd. next, plug the usb cable into ur sendo x's pop-port connector at the base of the phone.
4. plug the other end into your pc usb port.
5. wait a little and windows will start the FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD(if, for some unknown reason it doesnt, go to control panel, select ADD NEW HARDWARE). choose the option that allows you to install the drivers automatically. wait a little while windows scours your disc drive for the files.
6. a dialog box will pop up asking you to choose the drivers for ur windows version. if u are running on xp select the topmost file.
7. wait while windows creates a restore point and copies the files.
8. when ready the pc will notify you that your harware is installd and ready to use.
9. a snaking black arrow will mysteriously wiggle into existence at the bottom right of your system tray to confirm the above fact. this arrow-like icon is the Mrouter agent that symbolizes successful connection. if yor fone is disconnected then there will be a break right in the middle of the arrow.

if windows failed to run the hardware wizard, then reset yor pc, disconnect your fone and reconnect again.

please follow the above steps and you will be conncted.

@naomijt
not true. it connects perfectly all the time.

@kitaun
if your fone came with a cd, follow the steps above as installatin for most fones is very similar. if you dont have the cd, either buy it or download it free from the sagem website in the support section. incidntally if ur pc has an IR port you can use that option to beam files.

@tovic
yes its true, via gprs u can remotely connect to your net-connected pc via your fone using a java application called Remotepc. but the process is not always efficient due to the erratic nature of our 2.5G networks. its also a bandwidth hog, so if you try it be prepared to shell out massive amounts of naira for gprs traffic. i do have the software. if you are interested let me know here and i'll upload it to you, but its a trial version as we're unable to crack java apps. but to tell you the truth there isnt pretty much you can do besides controlling your desktop on your fone from anywhere in the world.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by Neoteny(m): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2006
if, on the other hand, you folks want to connect your phones to your pc so u can share your pc's internet connection and browse for free on your phone, then you need a symbian smartphone-either UIQ like sony ericsson Pxxx or nokia 6600 etc. the procedure is daunting but i chose the easiest way for you to do it, the steps are given below. note, however that it may not work if you get the slightest thing wrong, and are prepared to edit your registry if necessary at your own risk. if you're not sure get a pal who's cool around the innards of windows and give him the steps.

im going to make a number of assumptions. the first is that this will work on sendo x even thogh i've never tried it on the phone. it worked in my 7610, but seing as how the sndo x is also a symbian series 60 smatrphone with a hybrid Nokia kernel i assume it'll work for the sendo x.

second assumption is that you have a LAN connection in your internet-connected pc.

third assumption: you girls are computer-savvy enough to make sense of all im saying. if yu arent then get one of your pc guru pals to decode all the gibberish that the gnubox author,xan, spouts, which im doing my best to make into english  : )

1. to begin with you need a bluetooth comm protocol software known as gnubox, so head to http://gnubox.dnsalias.org/gnubox and download the appropriate binary for your phone, then head to www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/proxy.htm and get analogX. install both.
2. Find outhow your phone sees your computer IPwise
If you don't mean changing the configuration of you incoming connection server (and you probably don't as you have set it up only for gnubox), then do the following:
Go to the incoming connection properties, Network tab, select TCP/IP and click properties.
Set the radio box to given ip and set the addresses to the following: start 192.168.55.1 end 192.168.55.2.
Now the computer will be seen as 192.168.55.1 from the phone.
If you are using mRouter (providing u installed by following the stps in my earlier post), then the computer is seen as 169.254.1.68 from the phone.
Install IPView, connect to the accesspoint bluetooth defined earlier, start IpView and look at the default gateway address,which is the IP address you are looking for. Alternatively, while connected, click debug|dump IF info in gnubox, look for the INTERFACE named ipcp::btcomm::5, and take the Gateway field below.
Go to the phone Settings|Access points|Bt, go to the advanced settings, find the field Proxy server. Enter the IP address you found out in the previous point. Enter 6588 for the port. If you are asked what kind of proxy this is, tell it as a HTTP proxy. If you are using a 6630/80/81 phone, you have to follow these instructions (except that you don't change the DNS settings as told in point 2, but the proxy settings as told here).
In Opera and/or NetFront settings you might need to manually enter proxy settings. Use the IP address you found out in point 2 and port 6588.
Enjoy. Don't forget to have the AnalogX proxy on auto-start.
If you need e-mail sending/receiving, you can configure that in the AnalogX proxy, too. Follow the instruction in the proxy documentation on how to configure. In the client on the phone, you'll have to set the server IP to the IP you got in point 2 here, and port to whatever the AnalogX documentation/settings tells you to.
(note:this doesnt work with the default nokia browser as its not http enabled. neoteny)

credits for gnubox and the steps above go to Xan of gnubox.dnsalias.org, and pheeps29 of MoroFrozen Layer (well, NeoAvalon,. then)

meanwhile if youre still having probs go to del.icio.us, someone left a less daunting tutorial there for noobs though right now i cannot remember the precise page. or get back to us right here. you can also leave a post at www.neoteny.bravehost.com/darkroom

cheers.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by naomijt(f): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2006
@Neoteny: I discussed this issue with my boss, and he said dat there is a difference between connecting a phone to PC with a cable and using the phone's cable connection for dial-up networking (internet access). He insisted that Sendo X cable does not support dial-up networking and so cannot be used for internet access on PC.

Here's a link he gave me: http://www.filesaveas.com/sendox.html. check under the FAQs section.

I don't know if i will be violating any rules by posting this , but for those of you needing help with mobile phones and all that, if there's someone who can help out, its my boss. You will find plenty of free information on our website. There's a Useful Tips for the Mobile Worker section, and if u need further help a forum for mobile users there as well.

Hope it helps in any way.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by Neoteny(m): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2006
@naomijt
my bad. didnt notice you said pc INTERNET, not pc CONNECT. however the sendo x usb connection transfer data at just a little over 1mbits/sec while bluetooth 1.1 and 1.2 support  data rates of 723.1kbits/sec,(though sendo isnt saying, i think their BT stack supports BT 1.1 but different from the Nokia 1.1/1.2 stack) so clearly cable is faster. and i've shown you above how using gnubox and analogX you can share ur pc net connection with your fone via bluetooth, so its a safe bet that you can have a work around that involves browsing via cable. remember that no one is mentioning dial-up networking here, which in fones is implemented to work only via IR (although symbian fones like the sendo x initiate dilaup over bluetooth as well), what i talked of was SHARING, which was why i also mentioned tweaking the registry in case u need to prime windows ICS.
so why isnt net sharing via cable done? simple: no one in their right minds will sit in front of a net-connected pc tethered to their fones just to browse on a tiny screen! hence the use of bluetooth, which allows mobility within the radio range(10 meters, somethings 20 if its pcmcia with clear LOS).
in most cases usb cables are meant for synchronization, not data transfer, but sendo x is different from, say siemens sx-1, in that it supports data transfer. but  data transfer and dialup are two different things but that is only because of implementation, not limitation, because the IRDA modem that is used for dialup between fone and pc supports rates of 115kbits/sec as against usb 1.1's 1mbits/sec.

please get back to me on this if you can, cos if your boss knows better i can do with the extra knowledge. thanks and cheers.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by wormedup(m): 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2006
just in addendum,
my nokia supports data and dail-up over everything.
that is, cable, bluetooth and IR.

cheers.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by Neoteny(m): 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2006
@wormedup
thats my point, theres no reason cable shouldnt support dialup but its not implemented in most phones except via a workaround. its said that the siemens sx-1 supports dialup vioa gprs but im yetr to figure out wot that means as my experience with the fone didnt extend beyond a couple of days. also, a mate of mine from neoavalon i told me that bitstream thunderhawk mobile browser allows u to connect via ur pc usb port and browse piggyback on ur pc net connection so long as u have Mrouter on the pc, but ive never tried it.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by naomijt(f): 4:26am On Nov 12, 2006
@neoteny: I mentioned PC internet and dial-up networking because it was obvious that's what the original poster was asking about. Why else would he mention Celtel while talking about connecting his phone to PC? As for all the technical grammar you just blew, I am totally lost! I have said the little I think I understand. I'll just leave the tech stuff to you guys ;-) Cheerio!
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by Neoteny(m): 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2006
@naomijt
to be honest, i don't think its quite clear whether the first poster was asking how to connect phone and pc for dialup purposes, or whether she just wants to simply connect phone and pc, so i assumed the latter possibility, which was why i said "my bad" in my earlier stuff. as for the techy stuff well, there isnt really a point and click solution to every "techy" problem, which perhaps may explain why we all love linux so!
anyway thanks sha, guess we've flogged the topic to death.
Re: Urgent Help Need:can I Connect My Sendo X With A Celtel Line To My Pc by jiggo(m): 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2007
wat he asked is simply,
how do i connect my SendoX fone to my PC,
definitely na d answer wey una give am, b am
Insert the CD, install it,
later connect the USB cord to the PC,
My SendoX connects well, i download from my PC everytime sef

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Blackberry Sales In Aba! / Nokia C2-03 Is Up For Sale @ 20k Dual Sim / Help With Nokia N900

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.