Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo (4162 Views)

Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo by asha2: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2009
@chykeo

bilymuse is ijaw but knows how to speak igbo.
Re: Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo by Eziachi: 1:43am On Jul 20, 2009
chykeo:

@bilymuse

You may have some points against DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODIMEGWU OJUKWU but honestly you do not have to resort to insults. I dont know where you come from and I know Eziachi has been challanging you to say where you come from. He thinks you are yoruba just like everyone else here on N/L does but I think you are Igbo. I dont care about origin anyway as I believe we are all Nigerians. I do not think that any tribe in Nigeria insults thier elders. Yorubas prostarte before there elders ( Dobale. Dont know the correct spelling.) Hausas salute and dont even take a seat where thier elders are. Binis (domo. spelling might be wrong) and all igbos shake thier elders with two hands. We all ahve a culture of respect. I dont like and will not tolerate insults to an elder. I was angry with your insults of Dim Odumegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, same way I would be mad with anyone who insults your own biological father. So please, I beg you, let the insults stop.

History is a judge of men. JFK said that history is the only judge of our deeds. I agree and we are even talking of the biafran war as people who are interested in history. I was born after the war honestly, but I have read every piece of book, commentary, opinion and documentary  that has been written about it. I am not a great fan of Ojukwu anyway. I lost uncles and relatives to the war. I can accurately tell you most of the things that happened then, From EMEKA, by Fredrick Forsyth, The Nigerian revolution and the biafran war by Alexander Madiebo, Wole Ademoyaga's WHY WE STRUCK, and Ojukwu's BECAUSE I AM INVOLVED, I have read them all. We all know what transpired but I maintain that if you want an honest discuss, i am in it. If you want to really know what happened and where blames should be apportioned, I will discuss with you but please dont insult anybody. I am friendly with Ojukwu and my friends relate with him too. We may disagree on issues but we dont insult anyone. Please desisit from insults.

I believe Nigeria is healing from the disastrous effects of the war. We should all contribute towards and effective healing without causeing any more crisis. If you watched Fareed Zakariah's GPS today on CNN, you would have been proud and happy of the progress Rwanda is made after the genocide of 1994. Paul Kagame, the president said that they were more into reconciliation than punishment. Interesting lesson indeed.

I beg you Bilymuse, differ with the man ( I may agree with you on some points) but dont insult him. He is human afterall and a mere mortal like you and I. No one is infallible

@ Eziachi

I do follow your posts and your passion with Igboland. Keep it up. The guy is Igbo but I really wonder,
I think on this matter let us all rest.

Thank you for being a patriot.

Onye aghana nwanne ya

Thank you. When I look at people I will take what I will take and leave what I will leave. No matter how bad a person is, if you look closely, there is always a tiny bit of good side to the person. I fought in the Biafran war and I had always said it that Ojukwu is the least skillful politician you will ever deal with but with Ojukwu what you see is what you get.

He doesn't double talk or talk behind your back, he is not materialy possessed and always stand by his words. And he love his people and that is one of the reasons Igbos loved him no matter the avoidable and unavoidable mistakes made in the most difficult circumstances he found himself at the age of 30 of which many Nigerian hated.
Who at that age and that period will carry such a burden without bulking up? If it was to happen today, things would have been far far different. very different.

Most Nigerians wanted Ojukwu as a war trophy at the end of the war but intelligent people like Phillip Effiong, Sam Mbakwe, Kemte Giadom (Ijaw man) Frank Apugo (Ijaw man that suggested the name Biafra) prevented that happening by help convincing him to go to exile in Ivory Coast and when that trophy failed to materialised, most Nigerians would have loved that Igbos insult Ojukwu and say all sorts to him, even humiliate him before their eyes but when that is not forthcoming too, they get frustrated and starts doing the insults themselves and it hilarious sometimes, when some of them cries more than the bereaved.
And I kept asking Bilymuse: WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? AND THIS WILL NOT BE THE LAST. ARE YOU A MAN OR A MOUSE? PUT UP NOW OR SHUT UP NOW.
Re: Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo by sley4life(m): 5:07am On Jul 20, 2009
billy the mouse, try and get facts right
Re: Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo by chykeo(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2009
Eziachi:

Thank you. When I look at people I will take what I will take and leave what I will leave. No matter how bad a person is, if you look closely, there is always a tiny bit of good side to the person. I fought in the Biafran war and I had always said it that Ojukwu is the least skillful politician you will ever deal with but with Ojukwu what you see is what you get.

He doesn't double talk or talk behind your back, he is not materialy possessed and always stand by his words. And he love his people and that is one of the reasons Igbos loved him no matter the avoidable and unavoidable mistakes made in the most difficult circumstances he found himself at the age of 30 of which many Nigerian hated.
Who at that age and that period will carry such a burden without bulking up? If it was to happen today, things would have been far far different. very different.

Most Nigerians wanted Ojukwu as a war trophy at the end of the war but intelligent people like Phillip Effiong, Sam Mbakwe, Kemte Giadom (Ijaw man) Frank Apugo (Ijaw man that suggested the name Biafra) prevented that happening by help convincing him to go to exile in Ivory Coast and when that trophy failed to materialised, most Nigerians would have loved that Igbos insult Ojukwu and say all sorts to him, even humiliate him before their eyes but when that is not forthcoming too, they get frustrated and starts doing the insults themselves and it hilarious sometimes, when some of them cries more than the bereaved.
And I kept asking Bilymuse: WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? AND THIS WILL NOT BE THE LAST. ARE YOU A MAN OR A MOUSE? PUT UP NOW OR SHUT UP NOW.

Thank you Eziachi for some of the points up there. Maybe I skipped it somewhere but Kemte Giadom and Frank Apugo are new names to me. I didn't even knew it was him that suggested the name BIAFRA. Do you have an idea of the meaning or what it might suggest or what might have prompted him to come up with the suggestion? Like Nigeria ---obviously came up from ---niger area! Will appreciate your ideas.

Kudos and congratulations for your defence of fatherland.

And as a veteran that saw it all, isn't it condescending arguing with that guy bilymuse? So I think you should begin to ignore him. Why bother where comes from? He could be a gipsy for all you care.

I doff my cap!
Re: Project Biafra - Ojukwu Gift To Igbo by bilymuse: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2009
[size=20pt]Imagine
[/size]
How can a true sepratist group depend on funding for its operation from the same state it wish to destroy? Its like Hamas depending on funding from Israel for its activities or Tamil Tiger expected to be bankrolled by Sri lankan. Its absurd and preposterous. Most militia organisations always depend on the dedication and sacrifice of members to achieve their objective.

Massob is unable to generate funding from ordinary Igbos whom they claim to represent. Therefore they resorted to blackmailing and intimidating eastern state governments, with the sole aim of hijacking the monthly federal allocation meant for development. Most of the funding from government is unaccounted, and end up in the pockets of few Massob leaders. Nwazuruike makes some few periodic declaration in other to keep Massob activities in the limelight and continue to receive Eastern state government funding.

This clearly shows that Massob is just a scam to loot the treasury indirectly. An average Igbo person would not trust Nwazuruike with a penny, though they agree with the cause: they agree with the message but not the messanger. Apparently, Massob enjoy widespread sympathy but lack real support. Ojukwu/Nwazuruike are only manipulating Igbo peoples emotion , taking advantage of deep rooted frustration, fear, marginalisation to line their own pocket. Massob is a scam put together by that bald headed hypocrite and fronted by that magomago lawyer.

Most Massob members and sympathisers on nairaland like:

Afaukwu
Presido 1
Aloy.Emaka
nuzo
Scanless
Eziachi
$Osisi
Onlytruth
Rhymz
Ikeyman00 etc

Have never donated a penny to Massob; They don't trust the combination of Ojukwu/Nwazuruike, and know the truth: IT JUST A SCAM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport / GEJ Plotting To Reconvene House – APC / What Does SAI Means - From SAI Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.