Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY (768 Views)

Life Requires More Than The Ability To Understand, Memorise And Reproduce It / How I Began To Speak With Isabella The Day After She Died (II) / How I Began To Speak With Isabella The Day After She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY by ROYH(m): 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
There are four nonnegotiable skills I'll help my children to develop irrespective of their personalities, and the first is: verbal expressiveness;ability to speak ANYWHERE and to ANYBODY
You see, many times, parents are more concerned about the academic performance of their children than their development of LIFE SKILLS, which actually determine success in life, than being 'brilliant'.
Being an introvert isn't an excuse for poor verbal expression. Verbal expressiveness (VE) isn't the same as loquaciousness.VE is the ability to communicate your thoughts, feelings, and ideas through words. Loquaciousness is being talkative. So, you can be an introvert and be high on VE. The world doesn't care how brilliant you are or your result(there are too many brilliant people), the question is, "What can you offer? What can you do? Tell us."
I used to envy my more expressive peers. I wished I could talk anywhere and to anybody. I know what shutting up has cost me (opportunities,glories, honours). If I was more expressive, I wouldn't be where I am today.
And no thanks to our culture, especially the Yoruba culture, which is a suppressive one. Where keeping quiet is tagged as 'respect', where a well behaved/obedient child is one who sits at a spot, nods head at/does everything the elders say without asking questions, where a verbally expressive child is tagged 'rude and forward', where children are always wrong and elders always right, where children are not allowed to talk angrily (although politely) to elders.
Enough written. Parents, help your children. You know what to do. And for you adult, help yourself, I'm doing same.

Re: Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY by Tocheagle(m): 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
You just said the truth . Sometimes when I see elders doing something wrong and I say it to their face , everyone call me rude . I used to be timid as a kid . Now I can speak to anyone on the face of the earth
Re: Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY by tpiar: 3:23am On Mar 10, 2016
ok, and the reason for your rant is because?

when will people learn to measure themselves by themselves instead of other people.

just yada yada yada without sense every frigging day, geez.

op where are you located, going by your profile picture?
Re: Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY by tpiar: 3:28am On Mar 10, 2016
ROYH:
There are four nonnegotiable skills I'll help my children to develop irrespective of their personalities, and the first is: verbal expressiveness;ability to speak ANYWHERE and to ANYBODY
You see, many times, parents are more concerned about the academic performance of their children than their development of LIFE SKILLS, which actually determine success in life, than being 'brilliant'.
Being an introvert isn't an excuse for poor verbal expression. Verbal expressiveness (VE) isn't the same as loquaciousness.VE is the ability to communicate your thoughts, feelings, and ideas through words. Loquaciousness is being talkative. So, you can be an introvert and be high on VE. The world doesn't care how brilliant you are or your result(there are too many brilliant people), the question is, "What can you offer? What can you do? Tell us."
I used to envy my more expressive peers. I wished I could talk anywhere and to anybody. I know what shutting up has cost me (opportunities,glories, honours). If I was more expressive, I wouldn't be where I am today.
And no thanks to our culture, especially the Yoruba culture, which is a suppressive one. Where keeping quiet is tagged as 'respect', where a well behaved/obedient child is one who sits at a spot, nods head at/does everything the elders say without asking questions, where a verbally expressive child is tagged 'rude and forward', where children are always wrong and elders always right, where children are not allowed to talk angrily (although politely) to elders.
Enough written. Parents, help your children. You know what to do. And for you adult, help yourself, I'm doing same.

I find your write up so annoying and quite ignorant.

Nobody bothered judging you, but you are all up in business that is not yours.

Makes sense?

the time you should be using to find husband, you are spending it in this manner.

Ok, continue.
Re: Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY by ROYH(m): 6:33am On Mar 10, 2016
tpiar:

Makes sense?

the time you should be using to find husband, you are spending it in this manner.

Ok, continue.
Okay, So Is It A Must For You To Comment And You Said What? "YOU FIND IT QUITE IGNORANT+ANNOYING" , That Shows How Mannerless You Are... To End It Patapata, Finding Husband, Husband Kor HorseBan Ni...

1 Like

Re: Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY by Nche95(m): 7:49am On Mar 10, 2016
ROYH:
Okay, So Is It A Must For You To Comment And You Said What? "YOU FIND IT QUITE IGNORANT+ANNOYING" , That Shows How Mannerless You Are... To End It Patapata, Finding Husband, Husband Kor HorseBan Ni...
so what's the solution?
Re: Ability To Speak ANYWHERE And To ANYBODY by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:32am On Mar 10, 2016
tpiar:

Makes sense?

Ok, continue.
Mehn, you're mean! Would you marry a girl with such lips

(1) (Reply)

There Is A Witch In Every Woman / Forbidden Desires / A Single Writer In Need, Pay Is Monthly And At An Average.... CLOSED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.