Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served (18485 Views)

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / Italian Girl Refused Job Because She Has A Nigerian Fiance / How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Oseee1(f): 10:06am On Mar 10, 2016
Dis is really great
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by 5starmilitant: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2016
LastMumu:
... .. .. and my community development service in the village I served was me yanshing almost half of my female students and one or two _horny teachers as well during NYSC. Can this land a good job anywhere? undecided

Yes, but first add it to your CV. grin Don't make the same mistake the op made.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by hottathanfire(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2016
Shout out to all bad belles...
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Uchddaniel(m): 10:14am On Mar 10, 2016
Congrats, and make sure to do more in your higher office. God Bless all Patriotic Nigerian's and Bloggers Like Us that Keep promoting and informing people. cheesy
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by sheubaba2013: 10:19am On Mar 10, 2016
How can I open a thread on naira land?
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Babyphinas(f): 10:21am On Mar 10, 2016
Am motivated
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Klogo: 10:22am On Mar 10, 2016
So now people should see how relevant bloggers are. God use one to change this person's life. I'm happy for you, higher ground
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by ChiSun27(m): 10:24am On Mar 10, 2016
Thumbs up....more blessings from God.

Givers never lack....I'm a living proof!!!!
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by agabaI23(m): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2016
Bless your soul
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Pillyportions(f): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2016
Y is it dat someone people eat lies as breakfast lunch and dinner? O boy u too dey lie. I checked ur oda posts nd it turned out u wrote more articles abut u still serving at Rivers state. But here u claimed dat u served at Ekiti. Hmmmmmm! LIAR!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by sheubaba2013: 10:30am On Mar 10, 2016
Pls fellow landers I need ur advice. This happen between me and the girl I want to marry. Her phone went bad November last year, but before then she said I should give her some money for her to do a phone swap which I gave her and she never did d swapping before the phone went bad. Since then she have been disturbing me to get her any phone that can browse and for now I don't have a tangible job. The disturbance was much so I decided to get her a phone not too long. The following day she told me that the phone use to get hot and that the battery drains fast. Again that am I sure is a new phone? What! A phone that I just bought yesterday? So she told me that she will like us to go and change the phone. I said mo problem. We went and change the phone after all the embarrassment I got there. So later that night she now told me that she don't like the phone that it doesn't take much apps and that the RAM is small, it's a tecno y2. Meanwhile that's what I can afford for now becos no work. The most annoying part is that up till now she didn't ask me how I got the money to buy the phone or how am I managing? Is this girl selfish and not appreciative?
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by basty: 10:31am On Mar 10, 2016
LastMumu:
... .. .. and my community development service in the village I served was me yanshing almost half of my female students and one or two _horny teachers as well. Can this land a good job anywhere? undecided

You have traded your destiny. Simple truth.
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2016
LastMumu:
... .. .. and my community development service in the village I served was me yanshing almost half of my female students and one or two _horny teachers as well. Can this land a good job anywhere? undecided

Badt guy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 10, 2016
Thank God for you.
Always remember your friend "the blogger" He/she might need your help.
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by 2sexycom(m): 10:55am On Mar 10, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Congrats dear, your good heart paid off. Sincerely I stopped reading after few lines_ proper indentation and punctuation doesn't kill.
as much as I agree with you, not many Nigerians know how to punctuate properly. The content and message should be the most important thing that what punctuation can offer.

During my service year, I was constantly getting gift and money from the principal of my PPA which turned me into an enemy of other "son of the soil" corpers.

I can as well add that one of them was very verbose and grandiose with words, which I believe that you would give him a job over me because of his "ingrish"but I can tell you that I did a better job than he, hence the rewards from the principal at all time. On a few days before our POP, gift and money I got from all staff surpasses other corpers combined and they were all green with envy.

It therefore means HRs should strive to determine who can do a better job than depending paper or big words.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Adet5(m): 11:02am On Mar 10, 2016
[quote author=5starmilitant post=43640035]Nice story. Maybe because you served in Akwa Ibom where their state allowance is fat, and your ppa was good to you. If your nysc was in oyo state and your ppa was like mine, I bet you would have considered the project as a waste of money. Very wicked community.[/quote

Where do u serve in oyo state?
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by pabjo: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2016
LastMumu:

I hail you.
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Jacko1(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2016
Lights camera action.... No business like showbiz they say.... Publicise evrythang you do... That said this one employers google people up hmmmm.... Let me start being careful what i post on facebook... Imstagram and co.
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2016
LastMumu:
You know that is statutory rape right?
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Kaycee625(m): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2016
LastMumu:
guy your mumu no get part two
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Parcks(m): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2016
great work #[b]great work #[/b]great work #inspired
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by RalphT1: 11:35am On Mar 10, 2016
Dat is motivational bro. I hope serving corpers will take your lead. I felicitate wif you for your tear leather job!
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by kunle75(m): 11:44am On Mar 10, 2016
onismate:
Now who says you can't get a job because of the personal CDS project you did in NYSC? Who says that proper documentation of the good work you did online can't get you a job? Well, am a living testimony.. This is my story...

I served in a small community in Akwa Ibom state. And my place of primary assignment was a small community secondary school with a population of 30.
In 2014, 3 months before my NYSC passing out parade (POP). I was thinking what I would do for my community. I had spent 8 months there. At first when I came into the community, there was no electricity power, no constant browsing network. So I thought of what to do that will be less expensive since I can’t give them power. I finally settled on giving text books to my school and notebooks, writing materials to the students. I spent about N12,000 of my money to buy the books and other things. The day I donated the materials to the school and students, one of my colleague and fellow corper took pictures. I didn’t really see it as a big deal with the photos because we call him “blogger.” He has a website. He said in some big communities and PPAs, what I did, some big media houses would have carried it on their stations and print media. Me sef I no even send. I just saw it as normal thing. “And why should I go to the media because I want to donate some things, charity work.” So blogger said he would upload the story and photos of what I did on his website. Other corpers laughed. Some were like “who will see those photos,” considering that it was still a young and not even popular website. It was only corpers in that small community that know he has a website and calls him blogger. I felt nobody again knows his website. Some even call him “Fake blogger.”
So blogger convinced me to allow him post my story and the photos of what I did on his website. Some of my colleagues felt maybe he would use it to make money on his website. He said it would boost my moral and for proper documentation. For me, I didn’t really make any real deal about what he wants to do. Maybe because I never knew how far that story could go. Na so I tell him to “go ahead” and use the story. Me sef no put importance on the thing sef. Because I ask myself, “who know me?” He finally posted the story and all the photos on his website. I saw it and it would have been vanguard, punch and other big news media. But I encouraged him. He encouraged other corpers to do the same thing I did, document photos of what they did for their community and put them online, we never can tell who will see it. Some of us corpers then didn’t see anything in it.
After passing out, all of us went to our different ways. I searched for a good job but couldn’t get one. I had to settle for a teaching job in a local school in Lagos where I was paid N15,000. I thought 3 classes and 4 subjects. It was stressful.
In late 2015, a friend of mine told me that an international NGO affiliated to United nation was recruiting. When I saw the requirements for the job, I was discouraged because they were much. Though my friend told me that if I get the job the pay is so good that one month salary can even change my life. The incentives and traveling to countries was part of the job. Part of the job requirements was that applicant would have 3 years’ experience in humanitarian work. That one I never get. I told my friend that I couldn’t meet up to most of the requirements. She encouraged me to apply atleast I still have nothing to lose. I applied and continued with my teaching job.
0ne month I was surprised when I got a call from the organization to come for oral interview in Abuja. I went for the interview. When one of the staffs of the organization addressed us, he said we were 500 people that applied for the job but they scaled it down to 25 of us. And the interview started. When it got to my turn, I entered and I saw it was two white men were in charge. The first question one of them asked me was why I didn’t add the personal community development service (CDS) I did during my service year as an experience. Na so I begin look the man. I was confused and couldn’t recollect or remember what he was talking about. There was a laptop in front of him. He saw I was confused so he turned the laptop to me to see. He showed me the news, photos of what I did in my PPA over a year ago, were I gave text book, notebooks and writing materials to students. The webpage was my former colleague, blogger’s website. I had even forgotten about all those things. He (interviewer) apparently Googled it out. immediately I saw it, I didn’t know what to reply him why I didn’t add it to my work experience. “Or are you not the person?” he asked. Because it was my name and photos that was there on the website. I smiled and told him I was the one though forgot to add it. He seemed disappointed. He said that kind of thing does not need to be forgotten easily to be added to my CV. “This is actually a great work that must be added to your CV regularly.” He said. He said next time I should be adding it to my CV. The other interviewer said “Would there be even next time? There won’t be any next time because you will work for us. You won’t look for another job.” Apparently I had been hired. I was so happy as I was told to stand and go to the HR department. As I stood up and was leaving, one of the interviewer called me back. He said if they were to go through my qualifications and requirements for the job, I didn’t even meet up to some of them. But it was what I did during my service year, from what they saw on the photos stood me out. The little I had, I was able to give back to my PPA. “Keep it up. It will be great working with you,” one of them said. I was happy as I left there. I received my appointment and began my job. That was how I got the job ooo and since then my life had not remain the same. Getting any country visa is not even a problem to me. Me that was even thinking if I will even travel out Nigeria in my life time. Infact na people, organizations for outside country dey ask when my organization will come for a project in their Countries.
So my advice to people, most especially corp members, no matter where you are serving, please give back to your community genuinely and make sure you document and share it online. The internet is a big place where many organizations, companies come to get information about applicants. So you never can tell who will see it and you receive reward for your hardwork. I know corpers are complaining that it’s not worth giving back because the Government is not paying much. But God will surely reward you.
For Christian the Blogger, he’s doing great and I have now come to appreciate what he did in 2014. I didn’t appreciate it then. But now I really do and eating from it.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1107-how-my-personal-community-development-cds-project-during-my-nysc-days-got-me-a-very-job

Make sure you remember the blogger in your kingdom oooooo
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by shapman: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2016
Congratulations sir. Keep up the good work.
To those who are complaining about the write up grammarism, no be by oversabi alone dey do am.
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Temidayo9(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2016
As God remember you and lift you higher i use this as a point of contact, God will remember me also as He did to Noah and everything that was with him in the Ark.. good news

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by mamawin(f): 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
LastMumu:
why not? just be patient, d juicest job is yours. and you can even say it out, shameless boy. I hope you have sisters too, and you will have daughters, and you won't mind if they re treated that way.
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Watsoneology: 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
onismate:
Now who says you can't get a job because of the personal CDS project you did in NYSC? Who says that proper documentation of the good work you did online can't get you a job? Well, am a living testimony.. This is my story...

I served in a small community in Akwa Ibom state. And my place of primary assignment was a small community secondary school with a population of 30.
In 2014, 3 months before my NYSC passing out parade (POP). I was thinking what I would do for my community. I had spent 8 months there. At first when I came into the community, there was no electricity power, no constant browsing network. So I thought of what to do that will be less expensive since I can’t give them power. I finally settled on giving text books to my school and notebooks, writing materials to the students. I spent about N12,000 of my money to buy the books and other things. The day I donated the materials to the school and students, one of my colleague and fellow corper took pictures. I didn’t really see it as a big deal with the photos because we call him “blogger.” He has a website. He said in some big communities and PPAs, what I did, some big media houses would have carried it on their stations and print media. Me sef I no even send. I just saw it as normal thing. “And why should I go to the media because I want to donate some things, charity work.” So blogger said he would upload the story and photos of what I did on his website. Other corpers laughed. Some were like “who will see those photos,” considering that it was still a young and not even popular website. It was only corpers in that small community that know he has a website and calls him blogger. I felt nobody again knows his website. Some even call him “Fake blogger.”
So blogger convinced me to allow him post my story and the photos of what I did on his website. Some of my colleagues felt maybe he would use it to make money on his website. He said it would boost my moral and for proper documentation. For me, I didn’t really make any real deal about what he wants to do. Maybe because I never knew how far that story could go. Na so I tell him to “go ahead” and use the story. Me sef no put importance on the thing sef. Because I ask myself, “who know me?” He finally posted the story and all the photos on his website. I saw it and it would have been vanguard, punch and other big news media. But I encouraged him. He encouraged other corpers to do the same thing I did, document photos of what they did for their community and put them online, we never can tell who will see it. Some of us corpers then didn’t see anything in it.
After passing out, all of us went to our different ways. I searched for a good job but couldn’t get one. I had to settle for a teaching job in a local school in Lagos where I was paid N15,000. I thought 3 classes and 4 subjects. It was stressful.
In late 2015, a friend of mine told me that an international NGO affiliated to United nation was recruiting. When I saw the requirements for the job, I was discouraged because they were much. Though my friend told me that if I get the job the pay is so good that one month salary can even change my life. The incentives and traveling to countries was part of the job. Part of the job requirements was that applicant would have 3 years’ experience in humanitarian work. That one I never get. I told my friend that I couldn’t meet up to most of the requirements. She encouraged me to apply atleast I still have nothing to lose. I applied and continued with my teaching job.
0ne month I was surprised when I got a call from the organization to come for oral interview in Abuja. I went for the interview. When one of the staffs of the organization addressed us, he said we were 500 people that applied for the job but they scaled it down to 25 of us. And the interview started. When it got to my turn, I entered and I saw it was two white men were in charge. The first question one of them asked me was why I didn’t add the personal community development service (CDS) I did during my service year as an experience. Na so I begin look the man. I was confused and couldn’t recollect or remember what he was talking about. There was a laptop in front of him. He saw I was confused so he turned the laptop to me to see. He showed me the news, photos of what I did in my PPA over a year ago, were I gave text book, notebooks and writing materials to students. The webpage was my former colleague, blogger’s website. I had even forgotten about all those things. He (interviewer) apparently Googled it out. immediately I saw it, I didn’t know what to reply him why I didn’t add it to my work experience. “Or are you not the person?” he asked. Because it was my name and photos that was there on the website. I smiled and told him I was the one though forgot to add it. He seemed disappointed. He said that kind of thing does not need to be forgotten easily to be added to my CV. “This is actually a great work that must be added to your CV regularly.” He said. He said next time I should be adding it to my CV. The other interviewer said “Would there be even next time? There won’t be any next time because you will work for us. You won’t look for another job.” Apparently I had been hired. I was so happy as I was told to stand and go to the HR department. As I stood up and was leaving, one of the interviewer called me back. He said if they were to go through my qualifications and requirements for the job, I didn’t even meet up to some of them. But it was what I did during my service year, from what they saw on the photos stood me out. The little I had, I was able to give back to my PPA. “Keep it up. It will be great working with you,” one of them said. I was happy as I left there. I received my appointment and began my job. That was how I got the job ooo and since then my life had not remain the same. Getting any country visa is not even a problem to me. Me that was even thinking if I will even travel out Nigeria in my life time. Infact na people, organizations for outside country dey ask when my organization will come for a project in their Countries.
So my advice to people, most especially corp members, no matter where you are serving, please give back to your community genuinely and make sure you document and share it online. The internet is a big place where many organizations, companies come to get information about applicants. So you never can tell who will see it and you receive reward for your hardwork. I know corpers are complaining that it’s not worth giving back because the Government is not paying much. But God will surely reward you.
For Christian the Blogger, he’s doing great and I have now come to appreciate what he did in 2014. I didn’t appreciate it then. But now I really do and eating from it.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1107-how-my-personal-community-development-cds-project-during-my-nysc-days-got-me-a-very-job
My Friend Add link of the Blogger that triggers ur Personal CDS Glory

This Your post as to me is in Complete without the link to the blogger post article of your personal CDS

Add link

With Thanks
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by Ladyisi1(f): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
funkymoore:
This very nice
wow nice one
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by macino1(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
Very inspiring experience. The God of wonders is with you. More grace!
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by teeymix16: 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
Am a graduate of Medical physiology and am seriously looking for an NGO's to volunteer. pls can u help me to get a place in ur organization.

u can reach me @ odunsiadetayo@gmail.com. 08153007343.

Tnx and God bless

Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by MsBisi(f): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
VACANCIES!!!
ONLINE MARKETER!!
Our long established company has vacancies for the post above.
REQUIREMENT:
• The person must have knowledge on how to use internet.
• Must stay within Lekki/Ajah axis.
Contact US @ BATLAN CONCEPT INTERIORS LTD, QUEEN SHOPPING PLAZA OPPOSITE SAFEWAY
SANGOTEDO AJAH, LAGOS.
Email: batlanroof@gmail.com
Phone number: 08120819063, 08104607443, 07035509649.
Re: How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served by OKKO(m): 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
That is how I got my job too. I did over 10 small small projects.
Later during POP I was awarded as the best corper and the state government retained me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto State University Massive Job Recruitment - 95 Positions / Recruitment/consultancy Firms In Nigeria. / How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.