Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Nans Initial Reaction On The Renaming Of Higher Institutions By Aregbesola - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nans Initial Reaction On The Renaming Of Higher Institutions By Aregbesola (494 Views)

50 Nigerian Students Sponsored By Aregbesola Graduate As Doctors In Ukraine(pics / Statistics Of Admissions Into Degree Awarding Institutions By State Of Orgin-nbs / The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nans Initial Reaction On The Renaming Of Higher Institutions By Aregbesola by tclever: 9:07am On Mar 10, 2016
We received the news of the renaming of Osun State owned tertiary institutions with rude shock. Gov. Aregbesola announced the renaming at the uniosun convocation ceremony yesterday 9th March 2016.
The new names are as follows:
1. Iree Poly now S.M. Afolabi
2. Ila now Adeyemi Oyeduntan College.
3. Ilesha now Lanre Omole.
4.Esa-oke now Bisi Akande.
5. Uniosun now Bola Ige University with the colleges as follow:
a. Okuku now Olagunsoye Oyinlola.
b. Ejigbo now Isiaka Adeleke
c. Ikire now Eniola Atanda.
d. Ifetedo now Kayode Esho.
e. Ipetu now Hezekiah Oluwasanmi.
The decision to rename the schools without an iota of consultation is totally undemocratic and a departure from all norms of progress and societal tranquillity. The students, staff, management and host communities are relevant stakeholders that ought to have been carried along.
It is even more appalling that Gov. Aregbesola did not deem it fit to get the approval of the state house of assembly before the unwarranted name changing.
Now to all Osun State students (OSSA)
If we all accept this and not going against it totally,the changing of our institutions name will surely affect our certificate. It will decrease the worthiness of our certificate nationwide.
Let us all come together and SAY NO to Gov. Aregbesola decree!!!
Re: Nans Initial Reaction On The Renaming Of Higher Institutions By Aregbesola by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2016
OK

meanwhile

I just wanna thank the Lord for seeing me through in my jamb exam. I didn't read at all. I flipped through the pages of Forcados High School and my SSS 1 govt note for a few hours (2hrs or so) and that was all I ever did in preparation for the exam.

I have never failed jamb(though I don't pray to be a veteran-lol) and its just the doing of the Lord.

Experience/ familiarity with the questions + GRACE helped me cos I didn't read at all. I kept postponing till the day of the exam which was yesterday. I scored 222 without READING & this is the first time I'll sit for an exam without reading. I was just frustrated that's why I didn't study and I pray this will be the last jamb cos I'm getting in by His Grace in Jesus name.

Success to the rest of the jambites as well.

Praise the Lord!
Re: Nans Initial Reaction On The Renaming Of Higher Institutions By Aregbesola by tclever: 9:21am On Mar 10, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:
OK

meanwhile

I just wanna thank the Lord for seeing me through in my jamb exam. I didn't read at all. I flipped through the pages of Forcados High School and my SSS 1 govt note for a few hours (2hrs or so) and that was all I ever did in preparation for the exam.

I have never failed jamb(though I don't pray to be a veteran-lol) and its just the doing of the Lord.

Experience/ familiarity with the questions + GRACE helped me cos I didn't read at all. I kept postponing till the day of the exam which was yesterday. I scored 222 without READING & this is the first time I'll sit for an exam without reading. I was just frustrated that's why I didn't study and I pray this will be the last jamb cos I'm getting in by His Grace in Jesus name.

Success to the rest of the jambites as well.

Praise the Lord!
Any similarity with what I posted?
Re: Nans Initial Reaction On The Renaming Of Higher Institutions By Aregbesola by tclever: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2016
I know this will not reach front page..but olajumoke and snake mean so many thing to mods

(1) (Reply)

FUTO'S Matriculation / Tertiary Institutions In The State Of Osun; The Rechristening And The Issues. / Four Things That Creates Your Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.