Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,126 members, 7,852,838 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

Army Claims Women Were Flogged For Trying To Disarm Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Claims Women Were Flogged For Trying To Disarm Soldiers (507 Views)

Army Claims 39 Not 83 Soldiers Are Missing After Boko Haram Attack / ND Avengers Disarm Soldiers In Gbaraintoru, Give Them Message For Shell. / Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Claims Women Were Flogged For Trying To Disarm Soldiers by Bengist247(m): 9:32am On Mar 10, 2016
Lt. E. D. Oworobo who is the unit commander of the Nigerian army stationed at Ovre-Eku community in the Ethiope east local government area of Delta state has revealed that he ordered the flogging of women who were protesting because they attempted to disarm his men.

The incident happened on March 2 when some women numbering about 500 and wearing black clothing carried a coffin and embarked on a peaceful protest over a disputed land claimed by PRESCO Oil Company.

The women were flogged and kicked by soldiers at Iwevbo community over a land which had been in dispute for years between Edo and Delta states.

Apply for cool and interested jobs via the link http://obarinemi.com/Internetjobs/

Vanguard reports that a police source who spoke on the condition of anonymity said Oworobo ordered men of the 4th brigade command to flog the women but contacted the district officer of Eku police station, Mr. Andrew Efejedia, in an attempt to exonerate himself and his men of any wrong doing in the incident.

He claimed he was faced with no option but to order his men to employ minimal force to disperse the protesting women.

He asked: “Don’t you know it is a crime to carry a charm according to the Criminal Code of Nigeria?”
Oworobo also threatened to deal with Warri correspondents of The Authority and The Nation newspapers for contacting him to get his own side of the story.

He had said: “You’re an idiot. You’re a mad­ man. Why are you calling me? So I should report to you abi? Who are you to call me? If you ever call me in your life, I’ll deal mercilessly with you.”
http://www.bengist247.com/2016/03/army-claims-women-were-flogged-for.html?m=0
Re: Army Claims Women Were Flogged For Trying To Disarm Soldiers by delishpot: 9:36am On Mar 10, 2016
Hahaha the regular excuse. Women will try to disarm soldiers in Naija. Make dem find another story give me jor
Re: Army Claims Women Were Flogged For Trying To Disarm Soldiers by emiwanlee(m): 9:49am On Mar 10, 2016
Nigerian army is messing up tribally
Re: Army Claims Women Were Flogged For Trying To Disarm Soldiers by AwajisEJ(m): 10:33am On Mar 10, 2016
Na today em start? embarassed
Re: Army Claims Women Were Flogged For Trying To Disarm Soldiers by Adminisher: 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2016
Don't ever try to disarm a Nigerian soldier.
Let me say it again - Don';t ever try to disarm a Nigerian soldier.
Re: Army Claims Women Were Flogged For Trying To Disarm Soldiers by Bengist247(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hmmm, is it possible?

(1) (Reply)

APC Announces Decision About Party BOT Membership / Former Ogun State Governor, Olusegun Osoba Returns To APC / Caption This Funny Photos Of Ambode With APC Cheiftains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.