Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily (4843 Views)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / 1,000 Ex-militants To Get Samsung Job Offer / Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by nairakween: 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
Nothing will develop in the Niger Delta in the current climate. No one will invest. Smal businesses will continue to close. Constrction will cease. My friend who is a contractor from the ND in PH shut down his PH office and layed of all his staff when 3 off his friends kids were kidnapped in quick succession and one of thier mothers shot in broad daylight in front of them. Luckily it was just her hand. My Andoni bros abandoned his water pipe project when the militant payoff exceeded his profit. Today he does contracts in Bauchi as a sub contractor and pays Bauchi youths to work. Madness.

Right now a road or water project that costs N100 million (even with generous kick back and front and lining of pocket built in) has to be doubled to N200 million to offset security (ie mafia bribes). If thats the case One trillion will vanish b4 any projects that touch the comon man will be completed. This is not about developing PH city or Yenegoa. Rural areas nko?

war will not work. whether we choose to call militants criminals or or not. until we engage them in talking and support it with actions we wont move forward. i believe this amnesty is our last chance. i prefer to pressure government to sieze the opportunity to engage in massive infrastructure dev and promptly adress injustices and displacement of persons as well.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by mrperfect(m): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2009
This is like using a short time solution to solve long time problem. Needless to say this won't solve the problem,because I belief  people of naija Delta should have better sense than this.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Nezan(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2009
This is ridiculous. So wat we now hav 2 do 2 gain govt. attention is to wield guns??
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2009
I wonder how long these Ijaws will continue being fools. First, it was ministries of this and that and this and that designed by those illiterates to pacify them so the looting will continue. During the creation of the last ministry of Niger Delta, i warned many of them in this forum, but they could not head the advise and were saying the creation of the Niger Delta ministry was a welcome development. Ibime comes to mind.
Today, can anyone tell us where is the ministry and it's achievement? I do not know why this my Ijaw neighbors will prefer to remain fools forever. Now, they have come up with amnesty for them (who offended who) and have proposed to be paying them a paltry N1,500 a day, plus N20,000 a month. Now, tell me who is supposed to be paying who? Is the oil for who in the first place? Someone come into your house, seized your properties by force and proposed to be paying you paltry sum of amount after selling your properties, and you stood still and accepted the proposal? Only the gullible.

come bialegend you must be an illitrate do you read between lines, before labelling ijaw fools have u seen any militant accept the offer, idiot that was the federal governments proposal not our acceptance, so please before you make yourself look stupid read the lines, thats the federal governments proposal dosent mean the militants have accepted it.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by presido1: 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
WilyWily:

More Bombings are coming soon
where pls. Mainland or Island Lagos?
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by dfanthom(m): 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2009
it's just so sorry but will these guys budge? i hope naija doesn't deteriorate into anoda somalia. these guys have made so much & i'm sure won't settle for N20K peanuts or N65k wetin!

i wish the government the best in taming the monster they created & nurtured, he who sows the wind will surely reap the whirlwind undecided

these custodians of the govt largeese, i hope they don't misappropriate the funds or else, na bomb go call them to order.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by WilyWily: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2009
presido1:

where pls. Mainland or Island Lagos?
Almighty God will Lead us to the next level,
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Fhemmmy: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2009
WilyWily:

Almighty God will Lead us to the next level,

God will only lead us, if we let him.
A nation where the innocent are being killed and the powerless are being oppressed?
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by CGKing(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2009
One rubbish follows another everyday in this Nigeria. Just fed up men. Its just glaring that they are systematically chopping away. Now the militants have finally connected to the national cake - their dream is now fulfilled.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Nezan(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2009
CGKing:

One rubbish follows another everyday in this Nigeria. Just fed up men. Its just glaring that they are systematically chopping away. Now the militants have finally connected to the national cake - their dream is now fulfilled.
grin grin
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by okotie800(m): 11:59am On Jul 21, 2009
I am not in support of these militants.Come to think of it,if we all go about kidnapping foreigners whenever we are wronged then,who will live in this country.But i believe they are being seriously wronged.Imagine N20,000 per month.Come on yar'adua,even if they all lay down their arms and accept it,in the near future they will be back and this time,it will be worse.You dont give a man money but you teach him how to make it.Better to build more (good)schools for them so that they develope from the grassroot.School will change their mentality and they can then fight for their rights deplomatically.I rest my case.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by otokx(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
Are you sure its N20k per month; the story making the rounds here in Port Harcourt is that its as much as N65k per month and people are looking for the forms to fill and submit. These politicians have started their "government magic"
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by nairakween: 1:07am On Jul 22, 2009
They arent just paying money. DDR involves social and economic reintgration.
What is DDR - Disarmament, Demobilization, and Reintegration

Disarmament
This involves comprehensive ways of recovering arms, ammunition, explosives and allied equipment from militants and preventing their recirculation in the society. Recovery of arms through voluntary action and free will on the part of the militants and engagement of stakeholders is the desired methodology of the Government of Nigeria.

Demobilization
Demobilisation comes after disarmament and involves registration and gathering necessary information from ex militants for the purpose of preparing them for reintegration into the community through acquiring education, skills, or entrepreneurial support.

Reintegration
Ex militants will be socially and economically reintegrated into civil society over time. The reintegration process will be handled through existing Government Institutions and programmes with participation from all stakeholders including the civil society.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by nairakween: 1:40am On Jul 22, 2009
theres actually an amnesty info website
this is the link so see it urself,  cutting and pasting is tiring sad
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by CGKing(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2009
So thats it? They rub them on the back "O boy no vex", "take 20k" send them back to that environment and they all live heppily ever after? Tot since so much damage have been done they'd take this opportunity to make demands that would benefit everyone. What about all the others who werent millitants?

I admire their courage but their method was never it. I felt alot of ppl would die and at the end things wouldnt change. Nairakween Pls do post the link, i really wana see what happens after now.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by nairakween: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
The people that arent militants will get jobs because businesses/organizations can thrive. Can you imagine the number of jobs lost from infrastructure projects that cant be done for fear of kidnapp, how many people lost thier jobs in berger etc?
My aunt shut down her supermarket when militant factions where doing gun battles in front of it and curfew was effing up her sales.

How many companies have closed shop?
How many people will invest in endeavours that create jobs in a crazy environment?

Most of my friends that were succesfully self employed sub contractors/ contractors in PH b4 this madness have been reduced to coming to Abuja to compete for small crumbs.

Please we just want our lives back. Kids in PH go from school to house. playing outside is a no no. what kind of useless life is that. the Most annoying thing is the top militants and politicians have thier kids abroad. Abeg
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by nairakween: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2009
sorry i forgot, its www.nigerdeltaamnesty.info

now let me comment on a thread that talks about music, food and general enjoyment. bye kiss
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by chrisical(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2009
Why not grant NYSC,ASUU,NMA,SSANU,NASU,RATAWU and other meaningful and nation-building unions such package rather than those greedy,good-for-nothing and heinous criminals who shamelessly call themselves militants.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by apostleb: 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
Pls anybody posting shud not 4get that this militant were peaceful until Abacha from d North wasted d blood of d peacful agitaors now there children have decided to carry gun d same Hausas are calling them thief. Dnt 4get Isaac boro, ken saro wiwa etc. Besides what these guys are demanding is to have a say in their oil not groundnut or cattle
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Fhemmmy: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
apostleb:

Pls anybody posting shud not 4get that this militant were peaceful until Abacha from d North wasted d blood of d peacful agitaors now there children have decided to carry gun d same Hausas are calling them thief. Dnt 4get Isaac boro, ken saro wiwa etc. Besides what these guys are demanding is to have a say in their oil not groundnut or cattle

ummmmm
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Sparkeez(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2009
Naija na for sell, political are ready to buy everybody and still have enough Trillions to flex around with.
I really wish to become a militant at least it worth a living, with you Bsc. HND and even your masters you are compeled to bow to people wo don't deserve a good moring simply because they a got a post by "favour" from a living.
no wonder Sound Sultan said "Everybody must Know somebody to go"

Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by smooooooth: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2009
great opportunity for the thousands of unemployed, retired robbers, touts, to lie they are militants and take the 20,000 a month with 1,500 feeding allowance daily. they are sure not gonna get any real militant in that camp.

they shld face the real issue and do whats right. fiscal federalism, derivation, resource control, thats the only thing that will work.

stupid govt.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by Ibime(m): 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2009
A great keynesian stimulus for the unemployed louts of the Niger-Delta.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by chrisical(m): 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2009
Yes oooooooo grin
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by CGKing(m): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2009
The whole thing just dey vex person. So this is the solution to the restiveness in ND? 20k? and 3 square meals! Iv tried to understand the rationale behind this strategy. To include miscreants in the payroll!!

Anyway talk wont do anything, Lets just accept militancy as the newest arm of the office of the president. The next thing i'm just worried about now is hearing of ghost workers their department.
Re: Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily by drn0(m): 1:08am On Jul 30, 2009
THEN AFTA D MONEY NO REACH DEM AGAIN DEY GO ASK 4 PAY RISE JUST 4 DOIN NOTIN AND I D GOVT REFUSE, THEY GO BACK TO MILITANCY OR BETTER STILL CRIME AND TREASON (OR WAT DO U CALL KIDNAPPIN AND BOMBING OF STATE PROPERTY?) I TIRE 4 DIX COUNTRY O

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is What El=rufai Posted Via Is Twitter Page Today (photo) / Buhari In His Aso Rock Office (pictures) / Buhari Has Plunged Nigerian Economy Into Recession Says Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.