Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! (2961 Views)

Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by software(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2011
Emerging details of this year’s budget proposals indicate that the Presidency has proposed to spend N574m on food in 2011. When this total is spread over the 365 days in 2011, the average amount that the Presidency will spend on food per day is a little over N1.57m.

The N574m is N168.7m more than the N405.3m spent by the same office on ‘food stuff supplies’ in 2010. However, the 2010 figure is exclusive of the sum expended on foods eaten during summits. A separate sub-head for “meals/entertainment” for summits held at the State House last year totalled N73m.

It (N574m) is also part of the N13.9bn that will be used to fund sub-heads and the overhead cost of the State House or Presidential Villa.

The details, which our correspondent obtained on Monday, showed that the rehabilitation of the State House Guest House in the Marina, Lagos, would cost N1.2bn.
Similarly, “residential furniture” items for the Presidency are to be purchased for a whopping N1.1bn this year.
The furnishing of Vice-President’s two guest houses — one in Asokoro and the other called “Aguda House,”— will cost N500m.

The furniture for the guest house in Asokoro will cost N100m, while that of Aguda House will consume N400m.
Incidentally, the lounge of Aguda Guest House was extended in 2010 for N50m. Another guest house was also furnished for the Vice-President’s use in 2010 for N50m.
This year, the “purchase of canteen/kitchen equipment” for the Presidential Villa will also gulp N553.6m.
Further details of the 2011 budget estimates showed that out of the N553.6m, N150m will be used to fund “household equipment and materials for the Vice-President’s office.”
However, in 2010, a provision of N240m was made for the purchase of office, household and kitchen equipment for Asokoro Guest House.

Other details show that the Director of Protocol to the Vice-President, his Aide- De- Camp, and other aides are to be housed in new official quarters to cost N560m in 2011.
Dodan Barracks in Lagos will also benefit from the presidential renovation in 2011, as it has a provision of N400m in the budget.

President Goodluck Jonathan presented a N4.23tn budget to the National Assembly for approval on December 15.
The sum comprises N198.12bn for statutory transfers, N542.32bn for debt service; N2,481.71tn for recurrent (non-debt) expenditure; and N1,005.9tn for capital expenditure.
The government also earmarked the sum of N347.2bn for critical infrastructure development.
This includes capital allocations of N86.25bn for power; N20.74bn for Aviation; N10.27bn for petroleum resources; N136.88bn for works; N48.9bn for transport; N44.18bn for the Federal Capital Territory; N35.01bn for education; N33.35bn for health; N29.46bn for agricultural development; and N24.76bn for water resources.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101042372962
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 11:26am On Jan 04, 2011
How much of the food intake does he shyyt out?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by software(m): 11:29am On Jan 04, 2011
fstranger6:

How much of the food intake does he shyyt out?

I wonder oooo. God help this country, It shows the level of Corruption in this country, how on earth would just the presidency spend such a huge some on just food when we got alot of ppl out there who cant even eat a food of 100 naira daily, its so unfair,
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 11:35am On Jan 04, 2011
^^^

I understand that the president has a big staff and what have you

Most of these people get paid their salary, so why should they all be fed on tax payer's money again

I.7 milla is just too much!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Lagosboy: 11:36am On Jan 04, 2011
Every minute this GEJ keeps ammusing me at his sheer stupidity. The whole budget itself is economically foolish and seeing this specific spending shows that another 4 years of GEJ would spell disaster for our dear nation.

Nigerians, lets wake up this GEJ just doesnt have a clue, he has confessed to this and he his best suited to managing the Zoo in jos or the Ibadan zoo where his phd would be fully utilised.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2011
^^^

Very well said

I dont think he has any man-management skill.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by software(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2011
Its really sounds so crazy, this are one of the numerous reasons why these guys would do anything just to get there,
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2011
Im glad a lot of people are begining 2c dat GEJ is nothing but a huge joke. A big big clown is d president of Nigeria dat tells u d quality of leaders in practicaly all strategic sector in Nigeria. Its no longer funny, even if some1 frm N.D my region shld be d president it must nt be GEJ, Dis guy is jst nt it. Eachtime i see GEJ on Telly i get scared, i see a guy who is so unsure of himself, uninspiring, daft, dumb, clueless and a clown with no rival snc he's got PHD which makes him d biggest comedian we v ever hard and lucky him d first clown to ever become a president in d entire universe.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2011
software:

Emerging details of this year’s budget proposals indicate that the Presidency has proposed to spend N574m on food in 2011. When this total is spread over the 365 days in 2011, the average amount that the Presidency will spend on food per day is a little over N1.57m.

The N574m is N168.7m more than the N405.3m spent by the same office on ‘food stuff supplies’ in 2010. However, the 2010 figure is exclusive of the sum expended on foods eaten during summits. A separate sub-head for “meals/entertainment” for summits held at the State House last year totalled N73m.

It (N574m) is also part of the N13.9bn that will be used to fund sub-heads and the overhead cost of the State House or Presidential Villa.

The details, which our correspondent obtained on Monday, showed that the rehabilitation of the State House Guest House in the Marina, Lagos, would cost N1.2bn.
Similarly, “residential furniture” items for the Presidency are to be purchased for a whopping N1.1bn this year.
The furnishing of Vice-President’s two guest houses — one in Asokoro and the other called “Aguda House,”— will cost N500m.

The furniture for the guest house in Asokoro will cost N100m, while that of Aguda House will consume N400m.
Incidentally, the lounge of Aguda Guest House was extended in 2010 for N50m. Another guest house was also furnished for the Vice-President’s use in 2010 for N50m.
This year, the “purchase of canteen/kitchen equipment” for the Presidential Villa will also gulp N553.6m.
Further details of the 2011 budget estimates showed that out of the N553.6m, N150m will be used to fund “household equipment and materials for the Vice-President’s office.”
However, in 2010, a provision of N240m was made for the purchase of office, household and kitchen equipment for Asokoro Guest House.

Other details show that the Director of Protocol to the Vice-President, his Aide- De- Camp, and other aides are to be housed in new official quarters to cost N560m in 2011.
Dodan Barracks in Lagos will also benefit from the presidential renovation in 2011, as it has a provision of N400m in the budget.

President Goodluck Jonathan presented a N4.23tn budget to the National Assembly for approval on December 15.
The sum comprises N198.12bn for statutory transfers, N542.32bn for debt service;[s] N2,481.71tn for recurrent (non-debt) expenditure;[/s] and N1,005.9tn for capital expenditure.
The government also earmarked the sum of N347.2bn for critical infrastructure development.
This includes capital allocations of N86.25bn for power; N20.74bn for Aviation; N10.27bn for petroleum resources; N136.88bn for works; N48.9bn for transport; N44.18bn for the Federal Capital Territory; N35.01bn for education; N33.35bn for health; N29.46bn for agricultural development; and N24.76bn for water resources.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101042372962

Why do we always spend more on recurrent expenditure ?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by ModestSam(m): 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2011
It just doesn't stop, does it?
All I see is just big figures, how about the breakdown of how each of these allocations would be utilised? I can bet my last kobo,
these fools would draw a blank if asked to give the breakdown.
How I miss Yaradua!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Lagosboy: 12:38pm On Jan 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Because we have a celeberated fool as president who does not know the basics of development neither does he understand the simple laws of economics. His skills are best suited for the zoo to manage animals as that is what his qualifications are suited for!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by johndoe200: 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2011
Lagosboy:

Because we have a celeberated fool as president who does not know the basics of development neither does he understand the simple laws of economics. His skills are best suited for the zoo to manage animals as that is what his qualifications are suited for!

Why don't you keep quiet? You are beginning to be a huge bore. If you have anything to say that makes the slightest bit of sense, say it, otherwise you need to stop wasting space with your bile.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by johndoe200: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

This year, mainly because the salaries of the civil servants were increased by over 100%
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by iphy42: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2011
Miss yaradua ke? no be small thing. Was he any better? With all d looting & complacencies. Yaradua ko, GEJ ni.
IMAGINE!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Lagosboy: 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
johndoe200:

Why don't you keep quiet? You are beginning to be a huge bore. If you have anything to say that makes the slightest bit of sense, say it, otherwise you need to stop wasting space with your bile.

Buddie wink chill out and relax i dont trade words with folks here on NL. My issue is with our president and not you. If you dont like my postings relating to him, then please dont read them as it has nothing to do with you. Simply move on if it doesnt make any sense to you, you dont have to comment on it. Wish you a wonderful day ahead though wink
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2011
He's spending on food. Yar Adua spent on drugs

I'm sure the NASS would have an equally staggering amount budgeted on feeding.

This is absolute nonsense. With 10% of that amount given to Iya Pato (for those of you that were in Unilag in the late 1990s and early 2000s), she will feed everyone in the presidency for two years
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2011
johndoe200:

This year, mainly because the salaries of the civil servants were increased by over 100%
Mr man,wake up.we are talking of 2011 budget or are they paying civil servants in 2011 again ?
Lagosboy:

What can i say;afterall,he has admitted to us of his political inexperience.he better resigns and go back to classroom.bullshi:t
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by DisGuy: 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2011
The worst thing that happened to GEJ was the extension of the election date!!!

damn his popularity has taken a huge hit, afe fe ti fe won ti ri furo adiye
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by isalegan2: 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2011
Lagosboy:

Brother,
What is your problem with the lucky man?  My people at home (Lagos) are starting to look at him independent of the PDP and evaluating him on his own merits.
I'd like to know what he can do to get your support.  Just curious.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by johndoe200: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

[b]Mr man,wake up.we are talking of 2011 budget or are they paying civil servants in 2011 again ?[/b]What can i say;afterall,he has admitted to us of his political inexperience.he better resigns and go back to classroom.bullshi:t

Err, how does this make sense? The increase reflects in the 2011 budget as it was announced in 2010. (Just in case you still don't get it - this means recurrent expenditure WILL BE MORE THAN 2010)
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Lagosboy: 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
isale_gan2:

Brother,
Wthat is your problem with the lucky man? My people at home (Lagos) are starting to look at him independent of the PDP and evaluating him on his own merits.
I'd like to know what he can do to get your support. Just curious.

Sister, I am a lagosman to the core my self I only started to post against GEJ here on NL probably in the last week as i have kept silent all the while evaluating this guy. The last straw for me was his statement of asking us to pray so that terrorist should confess is a big shame. The sharing of $1 billion on new years eve , the leaked GEJ campaign strategy detailing how Inec officials would be bribed and how policemen would be taken to Ghana to compromise them before the elections.

GEJ seems not to have a clue, PDP is a disaster we need a change and probably Buhari, Ribadu or Utomi would be the alternative but not PDP and definately not GEG my sister.

He cant do anything to get my support because i have come to the conclusion he doesnt have the qualities to be a leader and that is why the SNG that suppported him to be president have lost all faith in him.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2011
johndoe200:

Err, how does this make sense? The increase reflects in the 2011 budget as it was announced in 2010. (Just in case you still don't get it - this means recurrent expenditure WILL BE MORE THAN 2010)
and you are making sense by telling me that the president is budgeting for monies that have been spent about 4 months ago ?
How are we not sure that such allocation was provided for in the 2010 budget ? Or jonathan just decided to increase salary for civil servant in 2010 without budgeting for it ?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by isalegan2: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2011
Lagosboy:

Sister, I am a lagosman to the core my self I only started to post against GEJ here on NL probably in the last week as i have kept silent all the while evaluating this guy. The last straw for me was his statement of asking us to pray so that terrorist should confess is a big shame. The sharing of $1 billion on new years eve , the leaked GEJ campaign strategy detailing how Inec officials would be bribed and how policemen would be taken to Ghana to compromise them before the elections.

GEJ seems not to have a clue, PDP is a disaster we need a change and probably Buhari, Ribadu or Utomi would be the alternative but not PDP and definately not GEG my sister.

He cant do anything to get my support because i have come to the conclusion he doesnt have the qualities to be a leader and that is why the SNG that suppported him to be president have lost all faith in him.

Thank you, brother.  You're on the ground, so I know you are more in tune with day-to-day events and the ebb and flow of people's sentiments.

I wasn't happy to hear about the ongoing security cooperation with outsiders but I know that didn't start didn't start with Goodluck.

My mom says she likes him.  My sibs are lukewarm.  I was going to talk to my dad about this in a couple of days. He is a current affairs and political news junkie.  I imagine he'll share your views.

Oh, LagosBoy, how're you holding up?  And the family?  Condolences on your dad, ok.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^

I be omo eko takan tokan and I hate GEJ

We cant all lie down facing the same side, No?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2011
isale_gan2:

~ Isale Gangan ~ A juwe juwe e le o mo'le wa ~
.[/size]

What does that mean?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by philip0906(m): 1:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
The N574m is N168.7m more than the N405.3m spent by the same office on ‘food stuff supplies’ in 2010
of course d price of foodstuffs went up,so budget should also go up. . .they'll get d money by simply taxing d poor man or oil money. . .nice move

N1.2bn 2 rehabilitate?to build new one nko?  oh i 4got. . .d rehabilitation machineries/equipments were imported

yh just heard dat d furniture would be customised and made of gold. . .nice one  wink

The furnishing of Vice-President’s two guest houses — one in Asokoro and the other called “Aguda House,”— will cost N500m.Incidentally, the lounge of Aguda Guest House was extended in 2010 for N50m. Another guest house was also furnished for the Vice-President’s use in 2010 for N50m.
yh d furniture has inbuilt robots 2 facilitate movement

it has been confirmed dat d kitchen equipments r made 4rm d finest steels ever seen. . .
     We need a befitting presidential villa/lodge dat is more than international standard,and our leaders have 2 eat well 4 dem be look good at international events. . .Lets give honour 2 whom it is doom due. . .they deserve it. . .vision 2020 till i die grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by isalegan2: 1:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
fstranger6:

What does that mean?

"A juwe juwe, e le o mo'le wa" is a Sikiru Ayinde Barrister song.  Love that guy and he was a family friend.  Very sad he's gone.  That was in my signature before he passed though.

And why in the world am I talking to strangeboy?  We're mortal enemies!   angry
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^

I see you more as a friend

Remember the hadith by Bukhari i think: "Blessed is he who do not see the fault of others because he/she is busy with his own fault"

Also remember that Allah Subuana Watahala frowns at any mumuni who maintains/sustains a quarrel for more than 3 days. We have to be friends, you have no option!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by isalegan2: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2011
hehehehe. With friends like you. . .

Why'd you change your name again? DId you get banned? Again? tongue
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^^

Spambot this time

With you on my side, who is Seun to ban me. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did I get you?

Hmm, I am that good!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2011
This is so sad. And here I am, fretting over how I would pay my staff of 3 before the month runs out.
Nah wah o!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by isalegan2: 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2011
fstranger6:

^^^^

Spambot this time

With you on my side, who is Seun to ban me. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did I get you?

Hmm, I am that good!

Seun ko, Segun ni.

I believe you are everywhere. Click on "recent posts" at the top and there your username is, multi-tasking (posting) like it's going out of style. grin

I wasn't serious about us being enemies. I don't dislike anyone. Okay, a couple of weirdos, but I won't say who, cos you're probably best friends!

Sefago is a butthead though. Yup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Gone For Good - Nnpc (talking In Its Sleep?) / Elrufai Wants Troops Out, Accuses President Of Using BH As Excuse For Genocide / Michael Opeyemi Bamidele....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.