Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Christian Subforum - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Subforum (1618 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Subforum by PastorAIO: 10:05am On Jul 18, 2009
I think that as with the Muslims, the Christians are going to need a forum all to themselves. Religion is too big a subject to accommodate everyone and I think we are beginning to find that there are more non christians interested in contributing to this forum than christians.

In fact I feel that most christians have actually fled. No small thanks to Huxley and cohorts. Couldn't take the heat of close scrutiny.

Most other websites that I know of that discuss religion have eventually broken up in to many sub-forums (sub-fora?). I think this is the best way if we want to keep people actively involved. This is for the Good of Nairaland so that it is as heterogeneous as possible. Many 9jas are christians so if they are too scared or repulsed to contribute to these forums then a great deal of potential members will be alienated.
Re: Christian Subforum by gen2genius(m): 10:27am On Jul 18, 2009
The issue lies more with the owner of the site and the moderators. I've raised the issue before but was appalled that so-called Christians could not show their support for it. We're sometimes too passive when we're supposed to be active. Isn't that why muslims can take us for granted and kill many of our people in the North with impunity? I started a topic in which I asked, "Seun/moderators, why should there be a special forum for muslims while all other religions are lumped together in one forum?" And I got no plausible explanations. I'm still wondering why Islam has to be regarded as a special religion that cannot be in the religion forum with others. The solution is not having a Christian subforum; the solution to me, is having a Christian forum with an ACTIVE Christian moderator. From what I see here, it seems it's Mukina2, who is a muslim that plays the more active role in "moderating" what happens on the forum. And so the muslims continue to have a field day. I mean, how can you place Christianity, Paganism and Atheism into one group (forum)?
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2009
The fact is that unlike muslims 98% of christian posts on this sect is to attack one another.
Re: Christian Subforum by Tudor6(f): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I think that as with the Muslims, the Christians are going to need a forum all to themselves.  Religion is too big a subject to accommodate everyone and I think we are beginning to find that there are more non christians interested in contributing to this forum than christians. 

In fact I feel that most christians have actually fled.  No small thanks to Huxley and cohorts.  Couldn't take the heat of close scrutiny. 

Most other websites that I know of that discuss religion have eventually broken up in to many sub-forums (sub-fora?).  I think this is the best way if we want to keep people actively involved.  This is for the Good of Nairaland so that it is as heterogeneous as possible.  Many 9jas are christians so if they are too scared or repulsed to contribute to these forums then a great deal of potential members will be alienated.
Well like the bible claims resist the devil and he shall flee. . . When we refuse to share in their jesus delusion the obvious route is to flee. . .
Re: Christian Subforum by vanitty: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2009
I totally agree, Christians need a new sub-forum as well, before I registered I loved reading posts from Jesoul and the likes,  now the religion forum is all about attacks by some certain set of people. The Christian forum should be about discussing the word of God.
Re: Christian Subforum by JeSoul(f): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2009
vanitty:

I totally agree, Christians need a new sub-forum as well, before I registered I loved reading posts from Jesoul and the likes, now the religion forum is all about attacks by some certain set of people. The Christian forum should be about discussing the word of God.
aww thank you sweetie kiss

AIO & Gen2,
I believe I raised this issue months back. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-256119.0.html
There are many times I'd like to start a topic for christian discussion but becos I know it'll be hijacked and overrun by militant fanatic atheists I refrain from doing so. And I am positive this is the case for many of the christians who no longer frequent this section.

I do kinda like the way the forum is now with everyone as we get exposed to all kinds of different topics but I would love our own space targeted specifically for christian discussion where we can grow and encourage and debate other christians without disruption and insults from our friends of the other side. Breaking it down into 3 - christian section, muslim section and atheist section should suffice.
Re: Christian Subforum by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2009
Having joined this website just about a year ago, I want to say that the religious section has undergone such a huge change from topics really worth discussing to those that are very void of anything to gain.
In fairness to the Muslims I must commend them that their sub forum is quite peaceful and when they discuss islamic issues they do so a lot better than the Christians. From the Chris Oyakhilome is a phoney to the idolatory in the catholic church to the do not let the catholic deter your faith even the tithing threads one finds a sickening sense of each sect feeling superior to the other.
Let me dramatise a bit
Excerpt from the Pope Benedict Xvi Breaks Wrist After Slipping In Bath ( Hospitalised) thread from christians :
Bobbyaf:

And seeing how they call themselves God I wonder if he can heal himself. Surely God can heal, right? grin
JaguaNana:

[color=#990000][/color] Sorry, I cant help a bit of pun here : what happened to the in-fall-ibilty of the Pope? grin grin grin grin

No2Atheism:

grin grin grin grin don't mind them, it seems the bones did not remember that the pope was supposed to be some sort of Super-human or something, wat a load of hogwash, catholics just like muslims are doomed to their fooly unless the Creator specially decides to save them.

Cus the truth is that no matter wat, some of them would rather choose to die than believe what the bible says that is contrary to what the Roman Catholic Church says, cry cry cry which is quite sad if it be considered.
and the only response from an atheist to the above quote from No2atheism was this:
Tudór:

You just arrogate to yourself the tag of being the only right and righteous slave of jesus. . . . . .this is the height of delusion!. . . i laugh in tongues! grin grin grin
This is not to say there are no peaceful christian threads such as the Glory to Jesus Honour to Mary thread, the point I am trying to make is that the even a christian sub forum would not accommodate the Christians, soon the Catholics will clamor for theirs, the Jehovas Witnesses, the Chris Oyaks fanatics and so on.
On the issue of hijacking I have this to say, when an issue bothers on the daily lives of people, people are bound to respond to it, if I have a new chrisbenogor religion which posits that it is important you kill and eat your first children just as God has commanded me, I am sure people from other religions would not hesitate to reply, I mean you can rarely see Tudor posting in the Glory to Jesus and Honor to Mary thread.
It is only when we are tested that we know what we are truly made up of.
Re: Christian Subforum by wirinet(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2009
Maybe the world would be a better place if we all could have our exclusive spaces where all other people and views are not welcomed.

We should have Muslim, only forums Christian only forum, which should be further subdivided into the thousands of denominations available, atheists should also have their own. Same for Sat guru Marahaji, Ifa, Ekanker, Ogboni, etc.

Why stop at Religion? why do we not extend the same concept to all other endeavors and activities? Why should a Christian mix with Muslims in one community? They should live in different segregated communities, their children attend segregated schools, go to segregated markets and shops so they dont see each other.

Furthermore Radio and TVs should also not have mixed religious programs, each station should be specific to one religion.

What about public buses and transportation, a known atheist must not seat next to a Muslim.

We can also take it a step further by separating sexes and ages.

I think only then can we see, hear and read only views and people we are comfortable with.
Re: Christian Subforum by Horus(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2009
Pastor AIO:

In fact I feel that most christians have actually fled.

They fled christianity and are running away from the bible because they realise that christianity is a scam.
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2009
what can i say - nice to see Christians forced to shove down their own medicine tongue
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 19, 2009
the attacks are intentional and deliberate.

The purpose is to prevent actual Christians from gathering and actually gaining anything from the section.

However, nothing new there. Remember Christians were driven underground in Rome until Constantine saw his vision in the sky and forced a form of Christianity on the rest of the crumbling empire.

These are the end times.

In any case, Christianity thrives better when there's persecution. If it gets all legal, hip and whatnot, then the focus becomes money, riches and irrelevances.
Re: Christian Subforum by platinumnk(f): 4:24am On Jul 19, 2009
Personally, everyone claims Christian, yet has few has shown  clear example. 

i dont think there is a need for a Subforum, because all the "so-called" Christians do is jump to attack others who do not follow Christ.

Peronally i think its disgusting and a prime example of hyprocrisy.

I do think we need to get back to what Christ-like really means, and stop being black under a socalled white robe.

Now for those who come here to really post about Christ, I appreciate you.

Though u are few, keep up the Good Work. You really encourage.

*This Does not mean I advocate the disrespect of THE Bible, nor Jesus, but I will not input on bashing Muslims.

Does it not say that the battle is the Lord's? I know im far from perfect, but I know when something doesnt seem right.
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 19, 2009
We dont need a subforum IMO.

Christians have not run away, we simply have a deluge of atheists that its sometimes hard to find the christian threads. If anyone REALLY wants to post there are christian threads to make a comment.

I find it ridiculous that 90% of those who claim to be "christians" and have lent their voices to this thread themselves are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND when threads discussing genuine christian articles of faith are raised.
the christian e-fellowship thread is 40 pages long . . . how many of these hypocrites have posted there?

I will take the liberty to respond to a few nonsensical posts here . . . pls pastorAIO i crave your indulgence.
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 19, 2009
ok i am alright with fellow genuine christians rebuking others . . . but when hypocrites join the bandwagon i cannot keep quiet.

platinumnk:

Personally, everyone claims Christian, yet has few has shown  clear example. 

what about you? where is your own fruit?

platinumnk:

i dont think there is a need for a Subforum, because all the "so-called" Christians do is jump to attack others who do not follow Christ.

Actually no. Well before the atheists descended on us, this section was fairly decent since the muslims had already gotten their sub forum. Where were you? Too busy on romance and sexuality?

platinumnk:

Peronally i think its disgusting and a prime example of hyprocrisy.

you must be describing yourself i suppose.

platinumnk:

I do think we need to get back to what Christ-like really means, and stop being black under a socalled white robe.

Wow . . . well why dont you start? Its easy to lecture others . . . does Christ-like mean living perpetually on the sexuality section?

platinumnk:

*This Does not mean I advocate the disrespect of THE Bible, nor Jesus, but I will not input on bashing Muslims.

Christ "bashed" the pharisees and saducees . . . you must love the gospel more than Him no?

platinumnk:

Does it not say that the battle is the Lord's? I know im far from perfect, but I know when something doesnt seem right.

The bible also says he that is ashamed of the gospel i will be ashamed of him too. I have never ever seen you raise anything on serious christian threads . . . where were you when we discussed tithing, or faith, or the gospels?

I'm far from perfect too . . . but let they without sin cast the first stone.
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 19, 2009
We need a christian subforum jor. That is why i never post on this board sef (this is my first post ever in religion section).
I think it is only right since we have "Islam for Muslims" and not have a christian subforum? 
The fact is that - the 2 religions do not mix - and will never mix! gbam!
Re: Christian Subforum by platinumnk(f): 4:54am On Jul 19, 2009
ok i am alright with fellow genuine christians rebuking others . . . but when hypocrites join the bandwagon i cannot keep quiet.

what about you? where is your own fruit?

And it is your business because
I dont see any from you

Actually no. Well before the atheists descended on us, this section was fairly decent since the muslims had already gotten their sub forum. Where were you? Too busy on romance and sexuality?

And again same question.

you must be describing yourself i suppose.

Wow david, I cant believe u went there, is that your Final answer?

Wow . . . well why dont you start? Its easy to lecture others . . . does Christ-like mean living perpetually on the sexuality section?

For what? Im not here to bash people. Judge not and ye not be judged, arent not a visitor as well?

Christ "bashed" the pharisees and saducees . . . you must love the gospel more than Him no?

If thats what u call it, if I say something you will bash me, why bother, I wait for True Christians to post.

The bible also says he that is ashamed of the gospel i will be ashamed of him too. I have never ever seen you raise anything on serious christian threads . . . where were you when we discussed tithing, or faith, or the gospels?

Have u read ur posts lately? You bash anyone who does not agree all in the sake of "Christ"  U turn away those who would seek the kingdom?
And u purposely attack Muslims.

I'm far from perfect too . . . but let they without sin cast the first stone.
Read and read over again. Repeat.
Re: Christian Subforum by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:44am On Jul 19, 2009
Rotflmao
Almighty david the lord's chosen one to lead christians is at it again, your pride and ego knows no bounds lol, where is pastor aio, can you see that even if atheists go away there will still be bashers?
It is only when the existence of God is being questioned that christians come together, any and every other thing is fair game.
Re: Christian Subforum by Tudor6(f): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2009
LWKMD see the way they're fighting each other even on a thread for the creation of of an exclusive christian section. Lets face it, there'll never be peace in a christian sub forum, some people like jehovah witnesses and mormons regard themselves as christian while other sects say they're not. Now who's gonna decide who is christian and who's not?
Re: Christian Subforum by PastorAIO: 10:42am On Jul 19, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Rotflmao
Almighty david the lord's chosen one to lead christians is at it again, your pride and ego knows no bounds lol, where is pastor aio, can you see that even if atheists go away there will still be bashers?
It is only when the existence of God is being questioned that christians come together, any and every other thing is fair game.

I'm here o! Just observing.
Re: Christian Subforum by wirinet(m): 11:01am On Jul 19, 2009
Discrimination and segregation are primitive animalistic instinct that a lot of people cannot get over, it arises out of either fear of the unknown or unpredictable or the need for security of our beliefs which we had invested our whole life with.

If all humans were the same colour, we will still hate and fight over counties.
If there is only one country in the world, we would fight over tribes.
If there is only one country and tribe, we would fight over religions
If there is only one religion, we would war over sects
If there is only one sect, we would war over hierarchy.
If every member is equal in the eyes of the religion, we would find something else to segregate ourselves, maybe height or length of nose.

If you study human history, a society being the same religion had never guaranteed peace, in fact it is almost a recipe for conflicts. Because different sects always spring up claiming to be the right sect. The reason Christians has a semblance of unity in Nigeria is because they perceive the have a greater enemy - The Muslims. If you remove Muslims from Nigeria, CAN would break up overnight and Pentecostals and Catholics will have a go at each other, same with Catholics and  Protestants, by the time Jehovah Witness, Cele, Apostolic Faith and so on enters the mix< you will have a real "roforofo" fight. Some of these pent up anger can be felt in this religion section of Nairaland. The same Scenario will also play our if Nigeria is a Muslim only country, a good example is Iraq, where Shiites and Sunnis are at each others throat.

The only remedy to a peaceful society is to allow people to believe what ever they chose to believe a encourage people mixing and interacting freely, there would be some antagonism and some ego bruising but in the long run people will prefer to leave other believers to their "crazy" beliefs.
Re: Christian Subforum by huxley(m): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2009
I think we should have a sub-forum for tithers and one for non-tithers
Re: Christian Subforum by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:05am On Jul 19, 2009
Very good observe and give us your report when you are done.
Wirinet thumbs up to you good summations.
Re: Christian Subforum by huxley(m): 11:08am On Jul 19, 2009
wirinet:

Discrimination and segregation are primitive animalistic instinct that a lot of people cannot get over, it arises out of either fear of the unknown or unpredictable or the need for security of our beliefs which we had invested our whole life with.

If all humans were the same colour, we will still hate and fight over counties.
If there is only one country in the world, we would fight over tribes.
If there is only one country and tribe, we would fight over religions
If there is only one religion, we would war over sects
If there is only one sect, we would war over hierarchy.
If every member is equal in the eyes of the religion, we would find something else to segregate ourselves, maybe height or length of nose.

If you study human history, a society being the same religion had never guaranteed peace, in fact it is almost a recipe for conflicts. Because different sects always spring up claiming to be the right sect. The reason Christians has a semblance of unity in Nigeria is because they perceive the have a greater enemy - The Muslims. If you remove Muslims from Nigeria, CAN would break up overnight and Pentecostals and Catholics will have a go at each other, same with Catholics and  Protestants, by the time Jehovah Witness, Cele, Apostolic Faith and so on enters the mix< you will have a real "roforofo" fight. Some of these pent up anger can be felt in this religion section of Nairaland. The same Scenario will also play our if Nigeria is a Muslim only country, a good example is Iraq, where Shiites and Sunnis are at each others throat.

The only remedy to a peaceful society is to allow people to believe what ever they chose to believe a encourage people mixing and interacting freely, there would be some antagonism and some ego bruising but in the long run people will prefer to leave other believers to their "crazy" beliefs.  

Absolutely spot on.   Just think of the great schisms in early christianity with the Arianist controversy.  In fact, early christianity was split into no less than 10 sects each fighting for supremacy and for the right and freedom to be taken seriously. It is estiamted that about a million lives were lost in such internal christian infighting.

To this day, no-one knows what "true christianity" represents.
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 19, 2009

sad but true - somalia - one religion, one race, one tribe - but different 'clans'  undecided
Re: Christian Subforum by bindex(m): 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2009
If a christian sub forum is created, the proponents of the jesus is a black man and present jews are impersonators (No2 atheism) will be having very serious battles with people like davidyalan that believe they can hide their hate and miserable way of living behind the "i am in a personal relationship with christ" and use it as a justification to hate others that do not agree with their world views.

The seven day adventist and the catholics will be all over each others necks, pastor chris, pastor adeboye and bishop oyedepo worshipers will be fighting it out with the others weather the bible supports the doctrine of prosperity teaching or not.

Pro tithers and anti-tithers will be at war with each other, bible literalistic people like oladebuguu(the earth is 6000 years old and was created in 7 days) will be up in arm against people like debosky that do not share that belief.

With or without atheist on nairaland christianity will never be one, it has NEVER being one and it will never be. Atheist make christians scrutinize their faith and belief and its very obvious that they are not comfortable with such close scrutiny.
Re: Christian Subforum by mamag3: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2009
Ok
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 06, 2010
I took my time to read evry posts against&in support of having a christian subforum.But my pple dnt u think what u feared is already happening? Even without having a forum see attacks on christianity by some ignorant&ill inclined folks.Islam board enjoys peace becos Jarus&mukina are alive to their responsibilities.Abuzola never hide his hatred&he displays it anyhow.Pls evry1 lets support our own board
Re: Christian Subforum by AKO1(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2010
toba:

Islam board enjoys peace becos Jarus&mukina are alive to their responsibilities.

Does being "alive to their responsibilities" imply suppressing all forms of criticism against the religion?
Re: Christian Subforum by Zikkyy(m): 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2010
I agree with wirinet, christians will always fight subforum or no subforum.

A_K_O:

Does being "alive to their responsibilities" imply suppressing all forms of criticism against the religion?

I do not support suppressing criticism here. The current breed of posters could become extinct grin grin grin and you end up with new breeds at the end of the day.
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2010
A_K_O:

A.K.O U re right but how then do we achieve sanity? Let God use us for d change.Christians have scores to settle among themselves but start such topics intruders will hijack them.

Oga mod u no reply my mail
Re: Christian Subforum by AKO1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2010
^ ^ How exactly would you define "sanity"?
Re: Christian Subforum by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 07, 2010
A_K_O:

^ ^ How exactly would you define "sanity"?
i will say an atmosphere thats aesthetically pleasing&void of trouble or abnormallies.But in d event of having bad lang,insults&personal attack isnt fair enough in d religion section.If it were politics, general then may be fair. Well its just my opinion, U re in charge @mod

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / Man Kill His Wife And Daughter For Reading Bible / My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.