Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger (2668 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Make Your Yahoo Messenger Multiple (multi-messenger) / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by plezant(f): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2006
Folks,

There seem to be a virus spreading through Yahoo Messenger. It automatically changes your 'Status ' from "Available" to some obscene caption and automatically forwards a link to its download site to all addresses on your messenger list, sometimes inviting them to view a picture by clicking the link.

Sometimes you may get scores of offensive offline messages from persons in your contact list- most probabbly sent by this nagging virus!

It seems the virus attaches to and modifies the code of Yahoo messenger, so it is not commonly detected or removed by conventional Anti-virus programs.

Has anybody got any tool or success yet in eliminating this scourge that seems to be in the wild?
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by twinstaiye(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2006
I received such virus too, I started by sending rude reply to such senders not knowing it was a virus. It is really annoying. Today, I had to delete a particular yahoo id that was sending such message. I guess yahoo must have heard of this hackers.
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by nilla(f): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2006
i know I'm getting those messages and its pissing me off.
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by tunamania(m): 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2006
I have the virus too n its been annoying it changed my homepage to this site i had to unin$tall my messenger pls if anyøne gets the remedy pls post
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by graciella(f): 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2006
Is there any way to stop it, pls post it here.

or we can report this to Yahoo! what do u think?
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by Jalal(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2006
Yes o thats one nasty virus, it also affects MSN messenger and sends crazy/obscene messages to all ur contacts angry
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by Planner(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2006
Hello Forumites,

I had the same problem and i used the following steps to solve my problem:

I have two account : the administrator profile ( where u can modify and install programmes and the client profile ( which is restrictive in modification). The Virus attacked my Client profile while my administrator's account remained unaffected. I logged into the admin account and deleted the Client account and restarted the computer ( usually deleted account recreats itself automatically). After restart, immediately update your Anti-Virus

This is the method i used and it solved my problem. If the administrator account is affected, then the computer will have to be formatted.

Cheers.
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by Planner(m): 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2006
The virus name is W32.Mydoom.I@mm
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by Jalal(m): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2006
Do u really hav to format it? cant u just uninstall the Messenger and install a new one??
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by Planner(m): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2006
It may work. Just that the fastest way to get rid of the virus is the account deletion
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by hayprof(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2006
Thank God grin
I knew there was something wrong wit Yahoo Messenger When i receive such links all d time.
I just know 1 thing -Don't Click, cheesy wink
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by nilla(f): 1:11am On Nov 24, 2006
lol
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by MrSammiE(m): 1:10am On Dec 02, 2006
hmmm! about the virus issue, as you can normaly see that the language was written in VIETNAM i got some dudes that do this shit, anyway there is no remedy unelse you format your PC

merci
Re: Annoying "nsl-school" Virus Attacking Yahoo Messenger by otoidea(m): 4:49am On Dec 04, 2006
you can get rid of that virus sharply with spyware doctor, just google for it, dwnload / run / sca / fix / n ure free grin

bt learn 1 very important lesson, DNT JUST CLICK ANYTHN!!!

(1) (Reply)

Wholesale And Retail Of Laptop Batteries And Other Accessories / Sim Slot In Lenovo Ideapad S12 / Cobranet Usb Ugo Modem For Sell At N6,000 Instead Of N8,500 With Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.