Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware (36366 Views)

Check out this Conversation Between GTB And A Jobseeker On Twitter / Are You A Jobseeker And You Do Not Like Marketing? Then, You Are A Learner! / See Ds Interesting Thread I Saw On Twitter,Shows Reality Of Life As A JobSeeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Kangol99(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2016
embarassed
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by ATERI(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2016
danieloy4:

Pls ma fellow brethren i take God beg you, if you come across this address anytime, just ignore. This nameless company no be GNLD o,these ones are professional confirm scammers,so highly organized in the name of recruiting unemployed graduates. They are located in Victoria Island beside GTB bank at that adress in the screenshot,their office is in this eleganza complex,down floor. So you can imagine if a group of people can rent out a huge space like that in that opulent location,my fellow i think its high time we also start doing more research before we go for any interviews cos there is no how you would be told you have an interview on the island and you wouldnt expect it to be genuine cos e b lyk say most of them now believe Island is the main deal now

Dont want to go into the ordeal some of my friends went through today in their hands but for the ones who would say until i see for myself before i believe, well just make sure say you carry your 45k along for the so called training on customer service before you would be placed on 150k salary at any company of your choice,but if you no get dt amount,you fit pay any amount to start even if na 1k(You guys knw na say naso God dey take catch them once they tell you to pay any amount)

And dont even bother carrying your fone along cos you cant use it and you must not talk to anyone and you cant go tru the same way you came in of which sef them go even follow you reach gate so u don't tell others to show you how foolish they are.

Learnt that they just moved from the mainland in less than a month and naso them dey do from one place to another and naso innocent people they troop in daily to their office to be scammed.

Pls lets help others by exposing all these fraudulent agents,GNLD, recruiting exercises cos shey as tins dey tight reach for this country na that time people are looking for how to collect from their pockets cos i knw say the Innocent ones sometimes fall victims.

Pls share your experiences with others,dont keep quiet,lets save others from scam especially those not in lagos,living far away to save them the stress.

Imagine an old man came all the way from Ogun state since yesterday evening, slept in an open place only to be attended to today and told to pay 45k again, Can u imagine, na God go punish those people o.

Nobody has a right to demand money from you in other to get a job.

And i pray none of us would fall victim IJN

Did you report this to the police?
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by pretydiva(f): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2016
D hustle is real
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by ipledge10(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2016
This don't only happens in Nigeria...one agency too have put me through some wahala in New York
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Gkemz: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2016
Professional scammers
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2016
What of adron homes? Are they scammers? Is all they offer marketing?
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Rushtec(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2016
BE SELF EMPLOY B4 U GET WHITE COLA JOB undecided
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by henrydadon(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2016
one of buhari campaign promise was to create jobs..i wonder if he is ever gonna fulfill any of his promise
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by saints2(f): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2016
They are bunch of criminals, they told you they have links with MTN, Airtel etc that you need to do a training of 45k to be a professional call agent etc. The most annoying thing is a their rep lady, she tells you not to use phone, no calls, you cant talk, as in mehn... They are just scammers.

They are coperate thieves, I think its time LASG look into their activities and close down this outlets cos they go on deceiving and scamming innocent Nigerians, if I get 45k why do I need to look for work again? No be to start business?

Their office is the last floor, as you are entering the building, you look straight and thats their scam headquarter.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by ijbaby2: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2016
there is another one on the mainland called Ranstard resources at 16 Ondo Street Ebute metta. with rented office space, fake website and badly, poorly dressed staff wit big titles. was there 2wks ago for another interview. After 2day of rubbish training, they now told us that we have to pay 13,800 for them to reveal the secret of making money. they mistakenly revealed the company as Neolife which is the parent company for GNLD. I know because I HV friends working there. when I said GNLD d stupid facilitator said no. that was where I caught them to their game. please job seekers be careful n we need to expose these scams. I was also invited to one this week at 161Herbert Macaulay Yaba by BGL ltd and its same setting n i warned them there and there not to send any sms to me again. God will surely punish these idiots.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by profeoo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
Those guys are professional scammers. Imagine they even placed an advert on Guardian. I went last month, answered their questions correctly and they brought a CBT and I was told I did not make it because I didn't get 3 questions correctly, I was angry and told the lady that I attempted 5 questions and I am sure I got 3 correctly even though there was limited time. So she told me she could have gone ahead to print out my answers if it were not against company's ethics. So she talked me into registering for the training blah blah. I told her I have no money, she said I could pay anything I have,when I said I have nothing she got angry as to why a man like me will say I have nothing. She say I should call someone to assist me I obliged. I pretended like I called and I told her I would come pay the next day. She said by then it would have gone to 105k, that I should go and come back the same day. I told her that I'm hopeful the subsidize offer will still be on,so she asked if I'm the HR. The next day this lady was disturbing me with calls to come and pay,I told her I am not interested, she just hung up.
Corporate scammers.

3 Likes

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by iamCross(m): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
There is also a fake money lender in the name of Ricardo Benson... Beware
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by missKiffy(f): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
I got a message from them too, I had applied for some customer service jobs before, that was what made me call the number, if not I wouldn't bother. I asked the name of the company and she couldn't say, that was how I knew it was a scam, I didn't bother to go

2 Likes

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Onlymewakacum(m): 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
Even in Abuja, u find them. Cheats.. Abuja is even worse because they will promise you FG job and collect almost 300 to 400k
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by MztrChukwu(m): 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
We're just so desperate in this country. Isn't it madness for one to ask you to pay for a job?
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Adalberto(m): 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
abasi akan idiok mkpo....
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by snadguy007(m): 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Na God go punish them.

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Ayo25: 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
Whenever I come across news like this, my heart bleeds. Some Nigerians are very heartless, cruel and wicked. It is bad enough and depressing for a job seeker that he has no job. For some idiots to try to take advantage of their situation really takes the biscuit. It is like hitting a man when he is down already. There are no jobs out there and if you have none to give please do not put people through any heartache. Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by dragon2(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
Anything that has 'Advanced Fee' inside.RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by chingydaboss(m): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
Wats ur discipline nd ur degree obtained? Nt forgetting age?
MissSlimbody:
This is kinda of funny.
Just last week a concerned church member gave me a phone number to call.

The Lady that picked my call, gave me that same address and asked to go there on monday 7th.
My spirit didn't agree with what I heard, so I didn't go.

Na like this I for just stress myself.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by ewizard1: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
I have a feeling that some of those people are on Nairaland.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Originalsly: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
It's good exposing these scammers on social media..... but we should also be making reports to the authorities like the EFCC. One person only reporting wouldn't make a difference. ... but if several reports are made the authorities would pay attention and start investigating.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by onos217(m): 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
Before I nod to any job interview, I do a thorough check on the company, and this had save my skin times without number.
Many job applicants are just too impatient that they have little or no time to do a check on the company requesting for an interview with them,and this had caused misfortunes to so many.
Do check on the company before nodding to their interviews and save yourself of frustration.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
ehhhh... i must comment on this thread. i got a text from the same company although on a different company name. exact sms. so i placed a call to the so called Gbemi. cos i wasn't ready to leave berger axis to go to VI for some GNLD bullshit. what pissed me off was Gbemi's callertune.. she had one razz song, and i kept wondering why a responsible HR would have such a song as her callertune. When she picked up, i explained and told her i got sms blah blah. that but i don't remember applying for any customer care job of 150k. Then she said it must have been a system error. that i shouldn't bother. Before i could say Jack she hung up. and I tried calling back, she didn't pick up again ooo. Then i didn't attend. plenty scammers everywhere
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by OgaSirAde(m): 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
I got the sms last month foolishly for dem dey forwarded it to another line of mine which I never use in my CV.

Funny enuf dey snt it to my frnd for IB who was pushing me to go nah me save am oderwise he wld hve wasted his time coming from IB #beautifulnonsense#
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by tonjeola(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
It is only someone that is not wise doubt proves....
PASTOR DAVID OYEDEPO said and I quote " ONLY A FOOL DOUBT PROVE "

visit: https://www.nairaland.com/2982593/business-start-n1200-make-good
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Jyde89: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
ijbaby2:
there is another one on the mainland called Ranstard resources at 16 Ondo Street Ebute metta. with rented office space, fake website and badly, poorly dressed staff wit big titles. was there 2wks ago for another interview. After 2day of rubbish training, they now told us that we have to pay 13,800 for them to reveal the secret of making money. they mistakenly revealed the company as Neolife which is the parent company for GNLD. I know because I HV friends working there. when I said GNLD d stupid facilitator said no. that was where I caught them to their game. please job seekers be careful n we need to expose these scams. I was also invited to one this week at 161Herbert Macaulay Yaba by BGL ltd and its same setting n i warned them there and there not to send any sms to me again. God will surely punish these idiots.

Lol, i've also encountered those scarming marching on two occasions.
The 1st was three yrs ago when i was badly in need of a job so i got their contact through a then girlfriend of mine, unknown to the both of us that it was a scam i sent my cv and they replied imediately, i was so happy/suprised that a company in nigeria could respond that quick to an application(they must be so despirate, i thought to my self). On the interview day it was a mix of anger and laughter for me, the front gate looked like that of an hunted house which made me doubted if i was at the right venue but i entered anyway just to clear my doubts. and voila, i was at the right place after all as a horrible looking banner which had nothing else but Neolife on it hung beside the entrance door. I had already started getting the feeling that it was a scarm but i still encouraged my self to see it through, so i entered the building and a lady i saw directed me to the room where the presumed interview was bieng held, on entering the room i saw a whole lot of people, and then it didn't look like an interview again, it looked like a whealth creation seminner as the officials/stooges of the comparny looking like a badly dressed groom in their cheap suit came out in their numbers to narrate a well memorised story of how neolife transformed their lives, they wont entertain any question as regards their story nor the company and i was cool with it untill they started asking for money (GNLD lawon oloriburuku yi sha).
They asked interested applicants to pay 20k for a lisence that will enable us sell their products anywhere around the world, around this time the number of people in d room had seriously reduced, so they beat down the price again and again till they got to 1k but i still wasn't interested in paying for an employment. So the already frustrated motivational speaker wanna be seeing that we whern't up to 10 left in room again now said 'ok just work with us and u can pay when you start earning', to that, i finally stood up and said 'not interested'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
Somebody that knows how should please relay this info to EFCC, ICPC, the police and all other relevant agencies. There's already enough evidence of scam herein.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by kayus4luv2(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
danieloy4:

Pls ma fellow brethren i take God beg you, if you come across this address anytime, just ignore. This nameless company no be GNLD o,these ones are professional confirm scammers,so highly organized in the name of recruiting unemployed graduates. They are located in Victoria Island beside GTB bank at that adress in the screenshot,their office is in this eleganza complex,down floor. So you can imagine if a group of people can rent out a huge space like that in that opulent location,my fellow i think its high time we also start doing more research before we go for any interviews cos there is no how you would be told you have an interview on the island and you wouldnt expect it to be genuine cos e b lyk say most of them now believe Island is the main deal now

Dont want to go into the ordeal some of my friends went through today in their hands but for the ones who would say until i see for myself before i believe, well just make sure say you carry your 45k along for the so called training on customer service before you would be placed on 150k salary at any company of your choice,but if you no get dt amount,you fit pay any amount to start even if na 1k(You guys knw na say naso God dey take catch them once they tell you to pay any amount)

And dont even bother carrying your fone along cos you cant use it and you must not talk to anyone and you cant go tru the same way you came in of which sef them go even follow you reach gate so u don't tell others to show you how foolish they are.

Learnt that they just moved from the mainland in less than a month and naso them dey do from one place to another and naso innocent people they troop in daily to their office to be scammed.

Pls lets help others by exposing all these fraudulent agents,GNLD, recruiting exercises cos shey as tins dey tight reach for this country na that time people are looking for how to collect from their pockets cos i knw say the Innocent ones sometimes fall victims.

Pls share your experiences with others,dont keep quiet,lets save others from scam especially those not in lagos,living far away to save them the stress.

Imagine an old man came all the way from Ogun state since yesterday evening, slept in an open place only to be attended to today and told to pay 45k again, Can u imagine, na God go punish those people o.

Nobody has a right to demand money from you in other to get a job.

And i pray none of us would fall victim IJN

i had similar experience at opebi last year they told me to pay 70k for training and exam 80k but because they are doing bonaza i can pay 40k for training if i pay that same day. Told them i didnt have cash that they should lemme go and withdraw me wey wan run nah so they bring POS machine for me cheesy grin cheesy cheesy i come format them say nah 2k dey my account they said i should pay it to show my seriousness and i will come pay the rest later .. cheesy cheesy cheesy i no remember how i take escape that day they showed me one room where people don start training people wey them don dupe . me i ja sha before i come get this my low salary job wey i dey pray for better opportunity asap grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 / Npower Missing Info / Download The Gmat 2007 Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.