Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back (1912 Views)

Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Access Bank Monthly Limit For Payment Online / Bank Robbery! Is First Bank New MONTHLY FEE Charge Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by yomalex(m): 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
Sometimes last week customers of First Bank Limited including myself got a debit alert of N105 being the supposed 'Monthly Fee' deductions plus VAT. The moment I saw the text message I was just riled up and wondering what exactly 'MONTHLY FEE' meant. My first thought was to ignore and let it slide since it was 'just' N105 but the next day I started seeing complaints on Social media and it occurred to me that First Bank Limited had just raised Billions of Naira without a sweat, it was then I realised I had to do something.

STEPS I TOOK

A few weeks back I had watched a CBN official say that Nigerians don't complain when they received below par service from their banks and other financial institutions. First I read the Central Bank of Nigeria Guidelines for complaints read Here.

I wrote a complaint to Firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com/complaintsunit@firstbanknigeria.com and copied cpd@cbn.gov.ng on Friday 4th March 2016.

I got this response from them on Sunday 6th March 2016

Thank you for contacting FirstContact.

Please be informed that a monthly fee of N100 is now applicable on all savings accounts.

This policy took effect from February 1, 2016 and is also subject to 5% VAT.

For further enquiries on FirstBank’s products and services, please call/e-mail FirstContact through the details below
:

I read the response and wondered why I was not informed of such fee beforehand.

You can trust that I replied the mail

Please provide information regarding the purpose of the monthly fee and the requisite Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) circular to that effect.

I got another response from First Bank on Tuesday 8th March 2016

Thank you for contacting Firstcontact.

We acknowledge receipt of your mail and have escalated as appropriate.

For further information regarding this enquiry, kindly send an email to complaintsunit@firstbanknigeria.com

Thank you.

Warm Regards

I had completely taken my mind off it until I received a credit alert for N105 with description "REV OF MONTHLY FEE AND VAT" this evening 10th March 2016

Source: http://tipsdome.com.ng/first-bank-monthly-fee-how-i-got-my-money-back/
cc: puskin dominique naijacutee FOD lalasticlala
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by ladyF(f): 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
This is a good development. Union bank removed my 5 naira last week, I can't even remember what for.

Let me draft a letter to CBN, them must return my N5. This is unacceptable grin

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by yomalex(m): 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
It sure felt good to receive my N105 it was like a million chai LadyF don reach here shocked
ladyF:
grin
Need a World class Bulk SMS Service visit www.DomeSMS.com

1 Like

Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by Freelancer007(m): 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
Good one. Nigerians should speak up against bad customer service or fraud. Enough of stomaching rubbish!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by Flexherbal(m): 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
I think we all should follow them up like this.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by Vision4God: 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
Xtortion everywhere. Nawa o
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by emmanwandud(m): 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
In France we call it beer money
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by kennyman2000(m): 12:01am On Mar 11, 2016
Nice one. Lalasticala. Frontpage pls..... Let my people be aware that firstbank 105 maintainance fees is a scam.

Lalasticala. Abeg, come oooo.. Food done ready!
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by evy1(m): 12:52am On Mar 11, 2016
Even Ecobank made the same deduction from my account.
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by AdaAnambra: 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
evy1:
Even Ecobank made the same deduction from my account.
But I just got an email from Ecobank saying their Savings accounts are charge-free this year
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by pattybf(f): 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
i'm taking this step to recover my monies from Access bank!
I might even close the account afterwards, enof is enof!
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
I just sent my mail. The biggest blow was the customer service guy telling me that's how his account was debited as well and I asked what exactly are they maintaining but he couldn't answer my question only for me to multiply #105 by at least 1million account. I almost fainted
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by 1money: 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
Even Zenith bank made the same deductions on my account. I'm sending this mail tomorrow morning.
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by yomalex(m): 10:03am On Mar 12, 2016
Infinitikoncept:
I just sent my mail. The biggest blow was the customer service guy telling me that's how his account was debited as well and I asked what exactly are they maintaining but he couldn't answer my question only for me to multiply #105 by at least 1million account. I almost fainted
sending a mail works better
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by yomalex(m): 8:26am On Mar 22, 2016
emmanwandud:
In France we call it beer money
na wa for u o
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by egopersonified(f): 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
Got the debit from first bank too but also got the reversal yesterday. Maybe I should write to zenith, the deductions this month alone is up to N500.
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
I didn't even bother mailing First Bank. I sent my complaint to CBN directly and they forwarded it to FBN to revert the transaction.
Re: First Bank Monthly Fee: See How I Got My Money Back by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
egopersonified:
Got the debit from first bank too but also got the reversal yesterday. Maybe I should write to zenith, the deductions this month alone is up to N500.

Send your complaint to CBN and copy Zenith.
That's better than doing back and forth with Zenith CS rep.

(1) (Reply)

Top Ways To Make Money By Working Less / . / Bag Of Rice Now 15,000!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.