Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers (23640 Views)

Jonathan Spent Huge Money To Stop Ambode From Becoming Lagos Governor - Tinubu / Ambode Spent N3.2bn On Cancelled Buhari’s Visit–pdp / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by richeso: 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
Kondomatic:
Who accused the accused and to whom did the accused submit the statement?

very good Question. APC monks will not stop to amuse me of their total stupidity.

i now come to Politics section anytime i choose to laugh loud
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by texazzpete(m): 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
emror4u:
a thief is also a liar, even if he is telling the truth, I don't see how this concerns Jonathan.. all he made was verbal proposal to Dasuki.

Clearly, your ex president had little or zero oversight on the activities of the NSA if billions can be disbursed like that without any furore . Gross dereliction of duty.

One wonders how much he even knew of the NNPC rot if he was that clueless about the NSA.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by jayriginal: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
texazzpete:

Please, don't be daft. This statement was NOT made by EFCC, but was a confession to the courts from one of the accused.

He has been asked to account for how the NSA paid him 2.2bn naira without a legal contract and this is his defence/explanation. Which other side is there to hear from? The EFCC?

He has even offered to refund the money and someone is talking hear the other side. Which other side again.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by excel101(m): 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
drey076:
Thank God we booted out Jonathan
And brought in Dullardhino, aka, Ajala Travels
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by lobbyist(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
Okimski:
Fresh revelations emanating from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have it that ex-president Goodluck Jonathan spent about N2.2billion on prayers to fight Boko Haram.
The Nation gathered from an executive director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Aminu Baba-Kusa, that the money was spent on prayers in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia to win the war against insurgency in the country.
This latest development is not part of the $2.1billion arms fund for which former National Security Adviser (NSA) Colonel Sambo Dasuki is being tried.
The monies for the prayer, it was gathered, was disbursed through the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), as proposed by Baba-Kusa.
Making this revelation was Baba-Kusa himself, in a statement of witness filed in the high court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), where he, Dasuki and three others(Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited (owned by Baba-Kusa) and a former director of finance in ONSA, Shuaibu Salisu) are facing trials.
The NNPC director confessed that the money was spent on prayers to hasten the defeat of the insurgents, and that it was released in two tranches of N1,450,000,000 and N750,000,000, adding that the proposal was verbal.
“I approached the former NSA and discussed Boko Haram problems and I suggested there is need for prayers and he considered and accepted in 2013 when he first came to office.
“I personally sponsored many people locally and some few to Saudi Arabia. Some monies were later paid into our companies, which we paid to some of the mallams.
“I then arranged to recover my personal expense which I put into our own businesses.
“We have been spending a lot from our businesses and personal accounts. Money paid through UBA, First Bank and ECOBANK. For Acacia Holdings Limited(A/C 1017330319-UBA); ECOBANK(0122012650); and First Bank(Reliance Referral Hospitals Limited A/C 2022394057). The total amount is N2,200,000,000 from October 2014 to April 2015,” Baba-Kusa confessed.
According to him, he may not be an expert,
“but I used some of the mallams to organise in Abuja, Zaria, Kano, Sokoto, Maiduguri, Kaduna and Saudi Arabia covering 2013 to 2015.
“I give them funds as required from time to time, ranging from N500,000 to N30million, depending on their needs, traveling, sadaqat and others for local expenses and travels to Saudi Arabia for Umrah and Hajj.
“I reminded the NSA many times before payments were made. We grew up together with the former NSA with common friends in ABU.
“Most of the payments in cash were meant to give out cash to people that have been organising prayers. Some transfers to Acacia to other banks were for logistics and also to some mallams in cash.”
On how the prayer contract was arrived at, the suspect said: “The proposal made to the former NSA was not documented by him or myself. The verbal proposal to him was for prayers to overcome Boko Haram within the shortest possible time.
“The engagement for prayers by organising some people to be praying was not formally written down.
“There was no amount of money agreed on. I said to him, I will start organising, which he agreed and said he will see what he would give at a later time.”
Baba-Kusa, who noted that he spent an estimate of over N700million from his own resources before asking for money from the ONSA, noted further that “some of these funds came from disposal of some of my land in Abuja. One in Maitama, one in Gudu and one in Guzape. The Maitama was a little over N200million; Guzape (N80m), Gudu(N18m).”
He added that he kept no records of the money he handed over to the various people they used, but assured the EFCC that he would refund the said cash if he is able to dispose off his landed properties.
“I am making efforts to dispose of my properties in Abuja which would be over the total amount of N2.2billion. If the sales go through and the amount from the sales is made in full, I will make full payment.” he was quoted to have said.
The 19 charges against the five suspects read that, Baba-Kusa, Acacia Holdings Limited and Reliance Referral Hospital Limited are alleged to have “between October 2014 and April 2015 in Abuja agreed to do an illegal act to wit: dishonestly receiving property to wit: an aggregate sum of N2,200,000,000 being part of the funds in the accounts of the Office of National Security Adviser and that the same act was fine in pursuance of the agreement among you and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 97 of the Penal Code Act, Cap 532, Vol.4, LFN 2004.”

https://www.naij.com/760177-revealed-ex-president-jonathan-spent-n2-2bn-prayers-fight-boko-haram.html
Please let get to work,enough of all these issues. We the Nigerians need good road, drink able water,light and other social amenities.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by erico2k2(m): 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
texazzpete:

Please, don't be daft. This statement was NOT made by EFCC, but was a confession to the courts from one of the accused.

He has been asked to account for how the NSA paid him 2.2bn naira without a legal contract and this is his defence/explanation. Which other side is there to hear from? The EFCC?

Show a verified source for your travel expenditure claims. Besides, that has nothing to do with this case. Buhari's travels are documented and budgeted for as part of his job. No comparison.

So far, you're doing great a poor job at defending corruption
When the leading party still thinks they are in opposition we get the likes of people with these sets of ideology emarcipating.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Ovamboland(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
OLADD:
We are not amused by these daily rants from Buhari's EFCC or DSS any longer. One thing that remains incontrovertible is the fact that most of these monies were spent on last elections and I am still waiting for Buhari and APC's leadership to explain to the world how they funded their campaigns in the buildup to the presidential and other elections. The current cash crunch facing APC is nothing but lack of access to free fund from Ameachi and co who aledgedly single handedly bankrolled Buhari's campaigns. All these will become a child's play when 2019 election approaches and the true colour of APC unravels.

This daftness redefined, never knew an educated person can sink ths low in the reasoning scale. So Rivers state under Amaechi in 2015 is richer than FG under Buhari in 2016 if they really want to dip hands in government fund to run the ruling party same way PDP did?

People really need to be careful the way you spin issues and make senseless assertions in a public forum.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by chat2deen(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
Kai mallam! Wallahi jona-TAN is a role model for looters!b no wonder stealing is not kwarapShun. Dey must vomit every dollar spent cos prayer is free.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Ijaya123: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
It is obvious we never had president all those while. He was just a figure-head. Little wonder they refer to him as clueless.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by OLADD: 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ovamboland:

This daftness redefined, never knew an educated person can sink ths low in the reasoning scale. So Rivers state under Amaechi in 2015 is richer than FG under Buhari in 2016 if they really want to dip hands in government fund to run the ruling party same way PDP did?

People really need to be careful the way you spin issues and make senseless assertions in a public forum.

You're stinkingly foolish! Did you bother to read my post before vibrating on NL or is Rivers State under APC in 2016? Your own daftness is much prevalent than your fellow zombies. What an arrant nonsense!
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
texazzpete:
Kai!

Before anyone foolish comes to make noise about 'media propaganda' or 'media trial', know that this is a court room confession, backed by evidence, of this man receiving 2.2bn naira from Dasuki without a contract or any documentation, supposedly for 'special prayers'

2.2 billion naira. Let that sink in. Money the NSA could have used to buy weapons and equipment for our soldiers.

Smh.
DESPITE ALL THESE CRIME AGAINST THE SOULS OF THE NIGERIAN SOLDIERS WASTED ON THE BATTLE FIELD BECAUSE THEY ARE ILL EQUIP ED ,SOME STILL THINK GEJ IS NOT CULPABLE IN THE CRIME.WHO WAS THE C-I-C OF THE ARMED FORCES THEN?.WITH TIME THE SUPPOSEDLY UNTOUCHABLE WILL NOT ONLY BE TOUCHED BUT THEY WILL TALK.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by abduljabbar4(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
emiwanlee:
muslims should know that islam is not christianity

Meaning?
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by IVORY2009(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
Propaganda! propaganda!! propaganda!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by tsdarkside(m): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
its no use... no matter what evidence you bring up, his followers will bend the truth and await the colonialits to conter your evidence with another rubbish international prize...

jail the bastard allready...

all nigerian-patriots know, jonathan should be in jail'!!!!...

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by bapullow: 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
since some people starting call Oga Jona as their Hero, I release that Nigeria can't be fix.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Standing5(m): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
Yes oh. Didn't you check the date of joining?
AZeD1:
To remember Beaf means you are an old timer.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by 247notire(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
texazzpete:

Show a verified source for your travel expenditure claims. Besides, that has nothing to do with this case. Buhari's travels are documented and budgeted for as part of his job. No comparison.

So far, you're doing great a poor job at defending corruption
So funds are withdrawn from CBN with word of mouth? Isn't it obvious dasuki and his cohorts were criminals of the highest order? GEJ may be indirectly guilty of supervisory oversight but surely buhari has displayed much worse in that aspect so far so spare me the BS.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Ovamboland(m): 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2016
egalitarian78:
Cant the Fed Govt understand dat this pattern of media warfare against Jonathan's tenure in order to curry favour from d populace and make them forget their own campaign promises is beginning to backfire. By this smear campaign, they v rather improved my rating for Jona who saw d battle against terrorism as a guerrilla warfare and d divinity had to be called in and he contacted both Christians and Muslims. When u understand dat life is more spiritual than physical then u ll understand where am coming from. If truly d money was spent on prayers and d Efcc wants to pick a fight against God then d negative consequences will be more. Mr President all some of us are saying is dat if prayers which is d master key can bring us out of this tsunami into our expected Eldorado pls increase d allocation in dat regards. Nobody now is interested in all these revelations if they cant provide us with light, fuel, jobs, security etc. Fighting corruption is good but governance must not be completely abandoned. This is almost a year into d life of this admin and not a single project has been approved let alone being commissioned whereas most states dat started with u can boast of projects they conceptualized and already commissioned after completion. The average man on d street is more interested in improvement in his quality of life by ur govt policies than all this probes.

What did I do wrong to share nationality with this type of people? That someone who has gone to school and knows there is something called law of the land will defend government expenditure to organize prayers is a sign of terrible future in stock for Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by litaninja(m): 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
This is the person that got an award a couple of days ago.....

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Ovamboland(m): 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
OLADD:

You're stinkingly foolish! Did you bother to read my post before vibrating on NL or is Rivers State under APC in 2016? Your own daftness is much prevalent than your fellow zombies. What an arrant nonsense!

Just go and refund the money spent on your education to your sponsors with apologies for wasting their time.

Can you imagine someone saying APC had access to more government funds as opposition party than now as a Federal ruling party, and you claim you follow go school? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by thundafire: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
Only an illetrate would believe this sh1t
They wana spend 1/8 of their tenure blaming the past administration, like they never knew what was on ground before

I repeat this a party of tautology

two bottles of ban ogogoro for u

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hawlahscho:
So they sold prayers to him? shocked
...... grin grin
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by jazzboi: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
texazzpete:
Kai!

Before anyone foolish comes to make noise about 'media propaganda' or 'media trial', know that this is a court room confession, backed by evidence, of this man receiving 2.2bn naira from Dasuki without a contract or any documentation, supposedly for 'special prayers'

2.2 billion naira. Let that sink in. Money the NSA could have used to buy weapons and equipment for our soldiers.

Smh.
And still people don't know where the present hardship is coming from embarassed

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by tsdarkside(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ijaya123:
It is obvious we never had president all those while. He was just a figure-head. Little wonder they refer to him as clueless.

jonathan is someone the black-americans call "house-negro"...

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by OLADD: 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ovamboland:

Just go and refund the money spent on your education to your sponsors with apologies for wasting their time.

Can you imagine someone saying APC had access to more government funds as opposition party than now as a Federal ruling party, and you claim you follow go school? undecided

Now I know you're daft. Do you need to be told that Lagos and Rivers can foot the bill of any political party be it opposition or ruling party in Nigeria? Why in your own deluded reasoning do you think Oyegun was raking over inability to"capture" Akwa Ibom, Delta and Rivers if not for party funding purpose? If you care to know, Lagos GDP is an equivalence of 5 other African countries. Do you also know that Tinubu, for instance rake in as much as N10b from Lagos State on monthly basis? I don't want to to waste my time insulting you but you can do the needful by not quoting me again. A toddler brain trying to be relevant.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Ovamboland(m): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
OLADD:

Now I know you're daft. Do you need to be told that Lagos and Rivers can foot the bill of any political party be it opposition or ruling party in Nigeria? Why in your own deluded reasoning do you think Oyegun was raking over inability to"capture" Akwa Ibom, Delta and Rivers if not for party funding purpose? If you care to know, Lagos GDP is an equivalence of 5 other African countries. Do you also know that Tinubu, for instance rake in as much as N10b from Lagos State on monthly basis? I don't want to to waste my time insulting you but you can do the needful by not quoting me again. A toddler brain trying to be relevant.

Keep exposing your stupidity on public forum, so the so called oil States, Lagos plus Tinubu have more funds than FG? I give up.......

And keep pulling figures from your arse, how much does Lagos state make from IGR, and what is the alleged percentage of the consultant? And Lagos is now a PDP state too right?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by kabiyesi01: 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Please how much did Buhari spend on his trip to mecca last week
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by OLADD: 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ovamboland:

Keep exposing your stupidity on public forum, so the so called oil States, Lagos plus Tinubu have more funds than FG? I give up.......

And keep pulling figures from your arse, how much does Lagos state make from IGR, and what is the alleged percentage of the consultant? And Lagos is now a PDP state too right?

I won't bother to reply your tirades again but not until I resend those insults back to you and those who wasted their hard earned money on your useless brain. There's no part of my previous posts where it was mentioned that those States had money than the FG. Keep twisting facts to support your foolery.
Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Jaydenphoenix: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
Prayers?

I think GEJ should come out & say something, at least defend himself.

I don't want to believe someone would spend such on prayers....was God charging him??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by ayo4lahanyahoo: 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Nigerians craving to have Jonathan and his corruption back needs to have their heads examined.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
And if you thought it was a joke that the Black man is very ignorant........

This is the most influential Black Nation in the History of the modern world--- with arguably the most "intelligent" black people on the planet--- resorting to Spirits to help them solve a Physical debacle.

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
But, Fuel price don come dan? sad angry
Dollar nko? angry
Quote me when they revert to normal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Embassy Confirms Importation Of Agricultural Products From Anambra State / It Is Wrong To Lump Middle Belt With The North ―ASOMBEN Chairman / APC Group Reports Kachikwu To Buhari, Accuses Him Of Working For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.