Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Free Book Download - Brain Surgery On The Highway - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Free Book Download - Brain Surgery On The Highway (1009 Views)

Free E-book Download!!! / Madness On The Highway / Free Book Download - Become A Success In 60 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free Book Download - Brain Surgery On The Highway by emonkey(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2009
This book is available for free download without any question as the writer's promotion. Download at :

http://www.democraticpublishing.com/brainsurgery.pdf

[size=14pt]EXCERPTS[/size]

But the conductor roughly elbowed his way along the crowded aisle. He had more urgent business to pursue - such as seeking another fool needing change, so that he could join both together at the end of the trip, to go away and find a solution together to the bothersome change problem.
Emeka reflected philosophically on how this analogised real marriages: two people wanting change. And so they become wedded together by a catalysing event or entity; after which they spent time seeking means of resorting the change issue, so that each could afterward depart their separate ways.

-  from Telaestesia

Many of you think that once you have filled your stomach with whatever is available there is no more problems in life. Some imitate the white man by eating doughnuts , meat pie and hamburger with tea. That is not balanced diet. I can tell you that when the white man wants to eat balanced diet, he takes six eggs, twelve sausages, bacon, salad, a gallon of milk and so on. And that is only for breakfast. But I know one brother who because he wants to imitate the white man, he begins to drink tea from morning till night. And how does he do this?. My brother takes a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of Bournvita, a teaspoon of milk; and he puts it all in a pail of hot water. And then he begins to drink until his stomach swells like he's pregnant and he's sweating like he's just wrestled an elephant. This is not balanced diet. It is poverty'

- from Brain Surgery on the Highway

Ras Taba was sitting on the aisle side of the only available seat on the lower deck of the bus. Ras Taba couldn’t have been his real name of course but it was the name that had occurred to Fred. Ras Taba was staring blankly through the window at some unseen wonders completely oblivious of his surrounding. The thought of being able to find an empty seat in the packed bus quite thrilled Fred.
“Can you move so that I can have this seat “, Fred had asked.
Ras Taba brought suddenly back to life looked first uncomprehendingly at Fred’s face and then contemplated the one foot distance by which he would need to move his buttocks. The required effort appeared quite daunting.
“Go upstairs”, he dozily indicated with his head. “Why you telling black man to move like eighteenth century colonial slave master ? Go upstairs “

- from Madmen in Brixton

Release. With Susan  away I really did begin to feel this extremely marvelous release. Therefore, freshly accoutered in freedom ladies and gentlemen; like my bird  that fled I resolved to pursue new vistas. I threw myself with vigour into constituencies that I'd previously only dared to  read about.

Now I can't quite explain how I got so attached to  Mark Currie  -  Mark  The Knife to you, okay ?  I met this bloke  at The Barking Dog. I wonder whoever it is that gives names to these pubs. Some drunk, I suppose.  Now The Barking Dog is not your kind of place for a family outing . Here, meet Roger The Rod everybody.  Minnie the Moocher just left and there's Poison Ivy just coming in. The Barking Dog is a new world; a new organism. Kinetic evil.

- from Just Dessert
Re: Free Book Download - Brain Surgery On The Highway by emonkey(m): 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2009
The site was broken but it is now again available for download. Apologies

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Make The Very First Impression? / 15 Best Literary Quotes From Nigerian Novels / : Of My Valentine Present And The Terrors Of Our Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.