Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

15 Best Literary Quotes From Nigerian Novels - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 15 Best Literary Quotes From Nigerian Novels (1014 Views)

9 Memorable And Inspiring Quotes From Buchi Emecheta / When The ‘other Woman’ Triumphs: A Literary Review Of Toke Makinwa’s On Becoming / Funny 40 Alleged Quotes From President ROBERT MUGABE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Best Literary Quotes From Nigerian Novels by ebbymayox(m): 8:39am On Apr 19, 2015
Time goes by fast whether you're having fun or not, we all have what we perceive as fun for me the last 12 month, fun had been reading just Nigerian novels , it was all way Fun!
In a good book, the best things are between lines.and here are my favorite liners from the books I have read.

1. “You must never behave as if your life belongs to a man. Do you hear me?” Aunty Ifeka said. “Your life belongs to you and you alone, soso gi".

― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Half of a Yellow Sun

2. "The energies of Lagos life— creative, malevolent, ambiguous— converge at the bus stops".

― Teju Cole, Open City

3. "How easy it was to lie to strangers, to create with strangers the versions of our lives that we have imagined".

― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Americanah

4.“Yes, our parents raise us. But then, we also have to raise ourselves.”

―Yejide Kilanko, Chasing Butterfly

5."She sleeps like a cocoyam. A thing without senses. She sleeps like his mother, unplugged from the world.”
― Taiye Selasi, Ghana Must Go
List continues here http:///8t8pMx
Re: 15 Best Literary Quotes From Nigerian Novels by okpamson15(m): 10:22am On Apr 19, 2015
No.1 really make sense

(1) (Reply)

The Rapist, A Robber And The HIV Patient / Review – The Joys Of Motherhood By Buchi Emecheta / Marked By Misfortune (ongoing Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.