Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse (19803 Views)

Families Disagree Over Building Renovation In Lagos - See What They Did (pics) / Penalties For Private Developers Over Building Collapse / Collapsed Building: Lekki Gardens MD Nyong Richard, 9 Others Docked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by kachnov(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
good move

1 Like

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by Ijaya123: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
nedu2000:
The scales of the justice symbol which signifies equality and impartiality are no longer level,what abt TB joshua?is it because he's an alleged man of G(g)od?

The case of T.B. Joshua is already in court.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by GuyfawkesAB(m): 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
I think a lot is already in the air concerning these guys before now to have prompted such quick actions against them. They av collected huge amounts from lots of people and have not delivered any houses to them for as much as three years in some cases.

I have wondered why they have not been docked for fraud. Now this building collapse.
I hope they are not just punished for this, but made to pay back all those people they have colected money from and refuse to give them houses.

#lagosdeveloperssofraudulent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by sholatour(m): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
This is not what we want to hear, we want to know the real cause of the disaster.
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by oluwazino(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Abeg let me know when you put on ur gen.... I want to charge
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by sukkot: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:
What happened to TB Joshua case for Synagogue building collapse?

TB joshua ? touch not my anointed tongue
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by 9jatatafo(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
And TB Joshua is spared
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
nedu2000:
The scales of the justice symbol which signifies equality and impartiality are no longer level,what abt TB joshua?is it because he's an alleged man of G(g)od?

Touch not my Anointed cheesy grin

Naija is screwed up I swear. cheesy
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by patani(m): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
I wonder why they had to wait before questions this guy. So many complains about him by his customers concerning the quality of his buildings
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by viklucci: 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
if it was still under construction how come they let people stay there and if it was sealed how come the govt never noticed they continued with the building....
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by Ahmed3rdjuly: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
Injustice somewhere is a threat to justice everywhere.. by Anonymous.
Lagos state government has no moral standing to issue arrest for this man.
Lets see which of the 2 cases would be concluded first. This or that of SCOAN
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by anchor3447(m): 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
Are we Nigerians being factual and even reason out-of-the-box at all?? lets look at it hollistically, This man has greatly reduced unemployment rate in Nigeira by nothing less than 15%...Imagine, he single handedly delivered over 6000 unit of houses in less than 4years. A feat no serving governement has been able to achieve in 2tearms(8years). Think about those who immensey benefitted both directly and indirectly from his initiatives...Imagine those who were/are employed directly or indirectly starting from food vendors in the site, labourers, carpenters, bricklayers, pop ppl etc.... This cute handsome looking youngman redefined real estate business in Nigeria. infact, he makes houses available to the commoners (masses) as at very affordable price in eye-brow area of lagos and Nigeira at large.

The questions we failed to ask are;
1 Are those site workers meant to pass the night in a construction site??
2. Even though, contractors or Engr in charge of the project failed to pay thier wages as at when due, was that a sufficient excuse for them to pass the night in an ongoing construction site??
3. What genuine reason(s) could a family have had to take up shelter in a construction site?

These are some of the questions that need an urgent answer...its just unfortunate that it's this handsome young man and the name of the company he works hard to build thats about to be brought into disreput...May the good lord intervene in his ordeal according to his intention because i wouldn't want to join myopic set of people who thinks he used those unfortunate people in the collapsed building for rituals. May the good lord forgive us all....Ameen
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by ajebuter(f): 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
I am glad with this news and that way, builders and developers would pay more attention to details and safety..

However, what about T.B Joshua under whose faulty building more than 100 people died?

No trial or conviction?

Does it mean we have two and separate criminal codes?
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by busomma: 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2016
Such lawlessness is expected since T.B Joshua has been practically go Scott free after using similar method to kill over 116 people 2yrs ago & completely refused to accept responsibility for it.
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by shocker007(m): 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
Where is AY?
They should arrest AY too, cos that guy can advertise like die for Lekki Gardens. Every Time Lekki Gardens... Any small thing na to advertise Lekki Gardens.

AY should be arrested too!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by professore(m): 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
Next time you too will not build beyond the approved floor
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by JAZES(m): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
anchor3447:
Are we Nigerians being factual and even reason out-of-the-box at all?? lets look at it hollistically, This man has greatly reduced unemployment rate in Nigeira by nothing less than 15%...Imagine, he single handedly delivered over 6000 unit of houses in less than 4years. A feat no serving governement has been able to achieve in 2tearms(8years). Think about those who immensey benefitted both directly and indirectly from his initiatives...Imagine those who were/are employed directly or indirectly starting from food vendors in the site, labourers, carpenters, bricklayers, pop ppl etc.... This cute handsome looking youngman redefined real estate business in Nigeria. infact, he makes houses available to the commoners (masses) as at very affordable price in eye-brow area of lagos and Nigeira at large.

2. Even though, contractors or Engr in charge of the project failed to pay thier wages as at when due, was that a sufficient excuse for them to pass the night in an ongoing construction site??
3. What genuine reason(s) could a family have had to take up shelter in a construction site?

These are some of the questions that need an urgent answer...its just unfortunate that it's this handsome young man and the name of the company he works hard to build thats about to be brought into disreput...May the good lord intervene in his ordeal according to his intention because i wouldn't want to join myopic set of people who thinks he used those unfortunate people in the collapsed building for rituals. May the good lord forgive us all....Ameen

You are not just making sense. So the lives of those lost to his building collapse is less than all these ephemeral things he has done.
I wish we value human lives in this country....such arrant nonsense, would you have said the same thin if any of immediate family member is one of d victims?

8 Likes

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by samofson: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
anchor3447:

I beg to differ . Constructing sub standard buildings and passing them off as fit for purpose is fraud regardless of how many people u employ to build them.

The fact that the building was already sealed up and they went in and continued work is a violation of the law.

It is the contractors and clients duty of care to make sure they dont people don't reside on site. They were negligent. That said the reason they were staying on site is because that is common practice with some developers so that they can get maximum output from the workers.

We shouldnt start blaming the workers, If the client and contractor had followed due process and not tried to be smarter than safety we would not be here today.

I was told by a developer that I cannot be billionaire in the developer business if I don't cut corners and use sub standard materials .

Please tell me about Lekki Gardens properties in the 5 years time ...if 1 doesn't have a major problem I will eat my hat.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by kiddkash(m): 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by Originalsly: 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
Evathyst:
If it was one poor man, the police would have arrested all his family members up to the third generation. undecided undecided
Lwkmd...funny but true!

1 Like

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by PROPHETmichael: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:
What happened to TB Joshua case for Synagogue building collapse?

Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm but if u decide to ignore that commandment and visit SCOAN to question the man of God, u will hear things like "WHO ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU WANT" from TB Joshua and before u know it, u will start confessing your own crime. Federal Government, Lagos State government and the Nigerian police knows they have skeleton in their cupboard hence they stay away from Synagogue lest they confess.
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by iamord(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
PROPHETmichael:

Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm but if u decide to ignore that commandment and visit SCOAN to question the man of God, u will hear things like "WHO ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU WANT" from TB Joshua and before u know it, u will start confessing your own crime. Federal Government, Lagos State government and the Nigerian police knows they have skeleton in their cupboard hence they stay away from Synagogue lest they confess.

so religious leaders are now untouchable
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by redsceptic: 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
thagift:

because the bomb was planted that's why.
Boy you are dumb aren't you?

1 Like

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by Abimbade: 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
henrydadon:
Nice one i hope he will not bribe them as usual because nigeria police are in bondage of bribe i don't know who lay that curse on them
He don use them for more money ritual yoruba guys love ritual pass there life,he is t b Joshua brother am sure because they did the same sacrifice .God don catch am. The same man that defiantly broke the town planning rules and built houses across the main entrance of the Moremi housing scheme at Ajah. Causing untold hardship for land owners there. He has flexed his muscles enough and now the Almighty has decided to teach him a lesson in humility.
Which class are u? Pry 4 or 5. Goan read ur books.
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by patani(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
I wonder why they had to wait before questioning this guy. So many complains about him by his customers concerning the quality of his buildings
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by MrMcJay(m): 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
anchor3447:

You ignorant twerp, don't drag God into ur madness. Richard obtained permit to ut 3 floors and he built 5 floors. That's fraud and criminal. Let's see how he gets out of this.

For all those who bought into the Lekki Gardens ponzi scheme and refused to obtain independent legal and expert advice, your nemesis is already here. Richard has used your funds to hire an SAN.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by nedu2000(m): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ijaya123:

The case of T.B. Joshua is already in court.
I meant in terms of an arrest made to the owner/contractor
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by Jokkarm: 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
First of all , whatever property he has should be shared to the 30 bereaved families and also he should be given enough jail sentence to teach other developers a serious lesson .
Those that lost their lives are people 's , brothers, husbands , uncles and sons .
They are gone forever.
Our laws should be active for Christ sake.

1 Like

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by babsnuel(m): 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
ourchoice:
Commendable action taken smiley

In some countries, the civil and structural engineers that designed that building will be facing death sentence, but in Nigeria, they will go scold free angry
*clears throat* Its "scot Free"...
Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by 4nobody4every1: 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
[s]
anchor3447:

[/s] Very Insensitive comment, whatever Cv you are parading here on his behalf is nothing compared to the havoc he has rendered so many investors in the so called scheme and the present disaster were over 30 people died , l bought from him and l know what l went through before l re-sold my unit and never looked back again sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by lawyer(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
I have chosen not to talk about Lekki Gardens a long time ago when i investigated them and found so many illegal things they were doing. They used aggressive marketing to sway people to buy their substandard carcasses and made billions from them. They knew Nigerians like awoof and took advantage of their greed. A cursory inspection of their houses was glaring enough to see that these were substandard shell structures that violated so many rules of building but people chose to follow the cheapness and bonanza in exchange for pain.

Apart from the defects in their title and arrogance of the management when you tell them to produce documents to validate their claims, their contract of sale is nothing to write home about. It makes you a slave to the management and you can do very little about it. Thier service charges and outrageous bills made life very difficult for the subscribers and they have very poor customer service. Its all about the money.

I had a client who contracted me to investigate a property he paid for and what i discovered made me shudder at the magnitude of fraud and negligence practiced by Lekki Gardens behind the scenes. The company is more like a ponzi scheme where they advertise properties to buy into Phase 6 but they have not finished completing the houses paid for subscribers of phase 2. They use the money obtained from future subscribers to finish up the early subscribers and before they get to phase 6, they would have started marketing Phase 14. Its all about aggressively getting your money.

Those who had issues with them know the problems they are still encountering to get a refund. They have stringent clauses in their agreement that makes it very difficult to get a refund once you pay and it could take months or years before you see a percentage of it.

Lekki Gardens was a good idea but the greed of the promoters has led them to this quagmire. How can you remove the seal of the Government to stop work and continue the construction and expect to go Scot free? Underhand tactics and violations of building laws is a trade mark of Lekki Gardens. For those still subscribing, it best you struggle to get your money out now fast because the future looks bleak. For those who were thinking of buying into their schemes, better look else where unless your money would be used to settle the impending class action and wrongful death suits.

The death of the 30 people should not be washed away. This is not a case of fraud or negligence. People died because of their underhand tactics to get money at all cost.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse by JAZES(m): 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
lawyer:
I have chosen not to talk about Lekki Gardens a long time ago when i investigated them and found so many illegal things they were doing. They used aggressive marketing to sway people to buy their substandard carcasses and made billions from them. They knew Nigerians like awoof and took advantage of their greed. A cursory inspection of their houses was glaring enough to see that these were substandard shell structures that violated so many rules of building but people chose to follow the cheapness and bonanza in exchange for pain.

Apart from the defects in their title and arrogance of the management when you tell them to produce documents to validate their claims, their contract of sale is nothing to write home about. It makes you a slave to the management and you can do very little about it. Thier service charges and outrageous bills made life very difficult for the subscribers and they have very poor customer service. Its all about the money.

I had a client who contracted me to investigate a property he paid for and what i discovered made me shudder at the magnitude of fraud and negligence practiced by Lekki Gardens behind the scenes. The company is more like a ponzi scheme where they advertise properties to buy into Phase 6 but they have not finished completing the houses paid for subscribers of phase 2. They use the money obtained from future subscribers to finish up the early subscribers and before they get to phase 6, they would have started marketing Phase 14. Its all about aggressively getting your money.

Those who had issues with them know the problems they are still encountering to get a refund. They have stringent clauses in their agreement that makes it very difficult to get a refund once you pay and it could take months or years before you see a percentage of it.

Lekki Gardens was a good idea but the greed of the promoters has led them to this quagmire. How can you remove the seal of the Government to stop work and continue the construction and expect to go Scot free? Underhand tactics and violations of building laws is a trade mark of Lekki Gardens. For those still subscribing, it best you struggle to get your money out now fast because the future looks bleak. For those who were thinking of buying into their schemes, better look else where unless your money would be used to settle the impending class action and wrongful death suits.

The death of the 30 people should not be washed away. This is not a case of fraud or negligence. People died because of their underhand tactics to get money at all cost.

GBam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / Two Bedroom Bungalow Design, Construction Pictures And Cost / Production And Laying Of Interlocking Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.