Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career (4011 Views)

Keshi Calls Enyeama, Mikel Obi, 21 Others For Ethiopia / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by tosinadeda: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2006
@mickyarams

if kalou was a midfielder he wld b in mikel's shoes and vice versa.
So ur talk of kalou's extra effort is rubbish
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 30, 2006
tosinadeda:

@mickyarams

if kalou was a midfielder he would b in mikel's shoes and vice versa.
So your talk of kalou's extra effort is rubbish

It's high time we face the truth. Kalou is playing because he gives effort when he's on the pitch and plays tirelessly. Kalou makes lots of mistakes when he's on the pitch but his hustle will compensate for that. If there's anything I know about Mourinho, it's the fact that he rewards hardworking players. Mikel is the sort of player that feels he has arrived when he hasn't even taken off. Guy steps on the pitch and assumes that he's Ballack or something. He tackles recklessly and runs like he's carrying something extra in his ass.

I heard that he has been fined about 6 times for coming late to practice and hangs out with not so good company in London. The guy is talented but he needs to get it together mentally. He needs to go out there, put it QUALITY tackles, put in hustle and play for the team as opposed to playing for himself. The sooner he starts doing that, the sooner Mourinho will begin to play him. I blame we Nigerians for putting him on a pedestal before he even achieved anything, he needs some humbling experience to take him back to his roots. Nobody will respect you unless you do something worthy of respect.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by tosinadeda: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2006
I still stick with my post
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by chidichris(m): 9:39am On Dec 30, 2006
it is always easy to identify truths when ever u see them. Donzeman, ur last post here is a clear summary of the situation of mikel.
most ppl do get carried away so quickly. mikel has got the stuff and he will use them well only if he kools down.
about tackles, in his position, check or go through the long lists of young players playing his role, they are always like that. i would like to use patrick veira as a case study here. if you followed his youth days, he used to come from match bans to match bans as a result of yellow red cards. think about essien's first two seasonsat chelsea but is good to know now that essien is brushing up.
for his not been regular in the team, i see that as no problem at the moment, he will. remember, expensive players even when they are not doing well do not seat on the bench. ballack is one of those expensive players who will not be kept on the bench no matter how good mikel is. chekc out sheva, he is not doing well but he has to play bcs a lot of money is involved.
pls my bros, let us pray for the young man and let us be patient and hopeful, he will delieve but if he fails, u all shld hold me responsible.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by tosinadeda: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2006
Still stick with my earlier post
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Abdblues(m): 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2006
@ Tosinadeda, i see your point and i agree to the extent that Mikel has more quality players to contend with in the midfield, but we also know JM for the kind of Manager he is, If mikel can step up his game, Mourinho will not hesitate to bench ballack for him, IF HE MERITs it. Joe Cole was in a similar situation during Murihno's 1st year at Chelsea, he was only being used as a substitute but he stepped up his game and promptly became an 'untouchable' in mourinho's eyes!Until this season Drogba always get to play more because of his team efforts than goals!!!being a succesful footballer is not just about having skills, you need to be disciplined and determined too and Mikel needs to step up in these areas!
Please It is a fact that Kalou puts in extra effort in games and of late it has been helping him pick the striking position ahead of £30 million Shevchenko!!!!
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by kitaun(m): 12:42pm On Dec 30, 2006
Donzman, i hate to admit u use ur head well atimes, absolutely spot on boy!! Lol
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by kitaun(m): 12:45pm On Dec 30, 2006
Donzman, i hate to admit u use ur head well atimes, absolutely spot on boy!! Lol
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Akolawole(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2006
Its always sad when football guru even comment like todlers.

Majority even don't know JM at all.

Act 1 scene 1
Mikel play against Sofia in the champions league, he started the game, play very well for 62 minutes, in fact JM removed him because those Sofia players started hacking him unnecessarily.

JM removed him, he was praising Mikel throughout the week in London.

Act 1 scene 2
Reading game come next and as expected, Mikel make first team again. Played poorly, get useless 2 yellows, sent out, behave stupidly and was begged by DD to leave the field. What a shame.

Act 1 scene 3
Hang out started, lateness to camp, Big-boys attitude. JM sent him to the reserve team meant for injured players.
Shittu travel to London to beg JM.
Returned to senior camp.

GEREMI & Kalou example.

Geremi has been enjoying the bench since last season. JM use him as a sub in one league match before our game against villa(in cup), he was too much.
On the day we beat VIlla by4goals to nothing, he was man-of-the-match. Since then, he has been an important part of the team in the bracket of First-fifteen player.

What can i say about Kalou? harworking, very talented, though loses ball uselessly at times.

I rest my case.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by kitaun(m): 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2006
Akola, u sounded more like a film director, nice scenes reeled but you could not burtress ur point b4 resting ur case, so could u elaborate for novices like me?
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Akolawole(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2006
@Kitaun

Film Director?

N a wa o.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2006
@Akolawole

After the Sofia performances, I thought Mikel was here to stay but apprently he let a little success get in his way. I don't like players like that, you have to look to improve and impress your manager at every opportunity.

about tackles, in his position, check or go through the long lists of young players playing his role, they are always like that. i would like to use patrick veira as a case study here. if you followed his youth days, he used to come from match bans to match bans as a result of yellow red cards. think about essien's first two seasonsat chelsea but is good to know now that essien is brushing up.

Yeah but there's a difference between straight up reckless, ineffective tackles (Mikel) and overly aggressive ones (Vieira). Look at those 2 yellow cards that Mikel got, both tackles were unneccessary and he didn't even go in to tackle properly. The first one, he just slid on the floor and clipped Nicky Hunt and on the second one he pulled Sonko or Bikey (Not sure) back with his hands in Reading's 18-yard box. Were those neccessary? undecided
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by chidichris(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2007
nobody is telling me that mikel scored in his last game or are we out to report negatives only?
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by kitaun(m): 12:32am On Jan 10, 2007
@Donzman, spot on jare!!
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by justkunmi(m): 3:31am On Jan 10, 2007
chidichris:

nobody is telling me that mikel scored in his last game or are we out to report negatives only?

so the goal is supposed to erase his misdeeds?
the boy is still a boy. . .i mean a BOY. i think he's too immature for a league like the prem and certainly for a club like chelsea.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by galatico(m): 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2007
Mikel had a chance to play for Manchester United but he refused if he was with United he would be playing regularly, he choose to play for Chelsea so let him fight for a shirt, Ballack is not playing well for now but Mourinho does not have faith in OBI , if he was playing for Arsenal Weneger would have used him likewise Feguson.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Akolawole(m): 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Galatico

So he can bench Febregas abi?

Maybe Allan Smith is playing regularly

or Carrick is a first teamer.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by chidichris(m): 8:17am On Jan 15, 2007
wow, nigerians, mikel was in for 12 minutes and made his mark in the last match against wigan. he was the man with the magic pull out that saw drogba fulfilled in the match that he was found lacking in his scoring manners.
why are we overlooking a boy that caused war between the two biggest teams and two biggest managers in england or are we saying the two managers are bias about his abilities.
all the same, i believe his time will come but the most unfortunate thing is that nobody will be ready to confess when that happens.
the boy is goodoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. in fact i am happy with all nigerians in the epl as each of them is proving some good points when ever they get the opportunity.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by ezeking(m): 10:29am On Jan 15, 2007
I posted a report that said that Chelsea is summarily killing the beautiful game and people started attacking me.
I know that they like Chelsea but that got things all twisted up. Mikel is just not the only one affected. Talk of Wright Phillips, Ballack and shevchenko. U might these other guys are playing and so shld not be in this category. Well, if so why is it that they are complaining about the partern Mourinho chooses to play them. They fell short of saying they have no future at Chelsea because they are sort of frustrated.
Mikel shld quit Chelsea now. He is about the most promising Nigerian rising star. If he misses to use youthfullness for the game at this moment,it will cost him alot. Mourinho is interested in RESULT only. He is not interested in ur career as a whole. That is bad for football. too bad.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2007
I WAN PLAY CHELSEA, I WAN PLAY CHELSEA. YOU SEE WHAT CHELSEA HAS DONE TO ME NOW![font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] grin grin
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by chidichris(m): 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2007
Ezeking, am really surprise with ur writeup. every coach is in interested in results and not the players welfare.
do u ask urself how much money even the smallest clubs spend and do u expect them to look at people's face?
listen, make out time and visit the websites of all the clubs u know, find out from the sites, the lists of their first team players and u will begin to appreciate the fact that chelsea has one of the lowest numbers of players.
a team like arsenal has more numbers of players than the much talk about chelsea.
let us back our views with facts, every club has many players but u must understand that no matter where u are, when your time comes, u will shine.
look at a player like luis saha of man u. he was warming the bench when nesteroy was fergie's favourite but today, he is a key player.
it is not always the issue of playing constant football but where u play matters a lot otherwise why would a nigerian player travel all the way from nigeria to england to play when he can play a first team football with iwuanyawu enyimba.
the boy has a future in chelsea and to God be the glory that he is there. nigerians should give the young man chance to concentrate. if we have his interest at heart, we should be praying for him.
if u are a real sports man, watch the man without centiments and see how relaxed he is whenever he is with the ball. watch kalou whenever he is with the ball, he is always shaking and panicing. kalou is a striker and had scored but one goal and mikel who plays from the midfield has scored one gaol also despite the fact that kalou has got more time on pitch more than him.
kalou is in no way getting the kind of preasure nigerians are giving mikel.
i want one person in this forum who will choose to play in man u for four million pounds agaisnt the sisteen million that chelsea paid. if only one person will raise his hand then i will be back to say more but if no one will be ready to do so, why the blames.
we do see football as entertainment, but the club owners, the managers and the players sees it as business and that is why they are professional footballers.
beckham of all people, is on his way to the usa, why---------- money. so who is mikel not to play for money. mikel is a not a working with any charitable home as to play for man u or anyother club at his youthfull age only to be dumped like okocha was when age knocks so let him be a wise man and make the mega money while he is young.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by sil(m): 1:44am On Jan 16, 2007
maybe some day
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by luckyCO(m): 9:56am On Jan 16, 2007
If I were him I will start to make plans to either play with Man Ut,Arsenal,Real Madrid or other club that will accept him other Chelsea. Chelsea is not good for him. If care is not taken he will be faced out.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Abdblues(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2007
@ ezeking: You are entitled to your opinion but how is it Chelsea's fault that these players are not playing well?
They are the ones that need to up their game as Drogba, Essien,and joe cole have done! SWP for me has no excuse as he was given a very good run of play last season but he just could not repeat the kind of form he had for Man City!Ballack himself has already admitted that he needs to up his game.Same goes for Mikel!What makes you think Mikel will walk unchallenged into Man U or Arsenal first team??It all boils down to performance on the pitch!if he plays well when he has the oppurtunity, he gets more playing time, if not he gets the bench, I think he's been featuring more for chelsea now and the situation is not that bad for him!
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by 9ja4eva: 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2007
Donzman:

@Akolawole

After the Sofia performances, I thought Mikel was here to stay but apprently he let a little success get in his way. I don't like players like that, you have to look to improve and impress your manager at every opportunity.

Yeah but there's a difference between straight up reckless, ineffective tackles (Mikel) and overly aggressive ones (Vieira). Look at those 2 yellow cards that Mikel got, both tackles were unneccessary and he didn't even go in to tackle properly. The first one, he just slid on the floor and clipped Nicky Hunt and on the second one he pulled Sonko or Bikey (Not sure) back with his hands in Reading's 18-yard box. Were those neccessary? undecided

Donzman u got it all right.Whats dis beef with Jose n Roman?Na wa oh
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by chidichris(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2007
some posts are not worthy to answer because if u read them u wonder if the writers are footballers or even fans at all.
in which area is mikel playing and in which area is kalou playing.
how come many of us who discuss football do not even know that eleven players in the pitch has different works to do in the pitch.
how many time do u see makalele go forward with the ball? do u know what is it means to be a holding midfielder and an attacking midfielder my dear mickyarams.
well, the most important thing here is that mikel has played in the last nine matches except one.
i respect the guy's ability and influence.
he is good and other negativities could be born out of jealousy and envy.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by kitaun(m): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2007
@Chidichris, i leave you to ur disillusionment!
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by chidichris(m): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2007
most of us here contradicts mikel issue with chelsea issues.
in every club there are more than 30 players like in our national teams. it is only the best ones that will get the jersy.
who has the guarrantee that mikel plays better than all the players in man u and arsenal.
in arsenal and man u he will get a regular shirt wether he plays well or not.
the young man is there making him cool money and we are here crying over a spilt milk.
if i have my way, na chelsea be: "ebe ano" na them i know. no one will reject wedding for a burial unless na mad person.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Abdblues(m): 11:08am On Jan 28, 2007
@ Chidichris, I have already realised tha there can never be an end to this!!People are just unable to leave sentiments aside when discussing issues! Somebody actually said it in anothre post that Chelsea is to be blamed for the cards the guy is collecting during games!!!Can you imagine that??
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by chidichris(m): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2007
he has done it again and nobody is here to confirm that the wonder boy scored today.
if it were to be red card, it would have been here b4 now. wow prophets of doom
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by lalaboi(m): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2007
kitaun

wy e no go spot on, since u r interested in negative comments agains chelsea or its players.
Re: Plz Help Mikel Obi 's Career by Nobody: 3:20am On Feb 01, 2007
Like I said before, if Mikel plays well he'll get his chance. It's happening, they put him in the game and he's been running and playing under control without acting like a kid. What is the result?. . .He's on the pitch.

This is the only reason why I like Mourinho, if he's not playing you then you're not doing something right. He gives everyone an equal opportunity and Mikel is getting his now. Needless to say, he has been impressive along with Diarra.

Where did they get that kid from?. . .Diarra is a SOLID baller. Like my people will say, Onye Game!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Team Will Win 2005/2006 Premiership Season? / Real Vs Fake Super Eagles Jersey #worldcup [photos] / Download Liverpool Vs Barcelona 4-0 Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.