Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail (75105 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Campaign Poster For Charmain Of Okrika LG Rivers State / Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by tee4naija(m): 2:03am On Mar 12, 2016
Since 2005? 11 solid years after!justice delayed is justice denied.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Babe2sure(f): 2:13am On Mar 12, 2016
thecommunist:
For all of you shouting justice this justice that, please tell me how many dangote trailer drivers have been convicted for reckless driving with the way they crush people to death with thier trailers? And i am a living witness to thier recklessness on the road. As far as i am concerned, this is a mere show of power on the part of LASG. It more like a retaliatory sentencing rather than justice being served. They want to make a show of her just to send out a strong message out there that they are not to be trifled with. Nemesis will be the final judge, and i am sure it wont dissapoint. Mark my words.

Just listen to yourself......

Oh, shut it! I understand you have a right to voice your opinion without being shut down, but I find your statement pretty nonsensical.
Go take a seat, pls! I don't know where to start from telling you why she needs to be punished.

5 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by MikeB3(m): 2:22am On Mar 12, 2016
Am never a fan of the lady....... She's so full of herself! If she's going to be imprisoned, nothing shall change it!
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by madjune(m): 2:36am On Mar 12, 2016
The girl no get sense at all.

Instead of her to lie low over these years, she chose to be loud.

From openly dancing drunk in support of GEJ at his tallied to fighting for Nollywood leadership and just lately, dancing drunk at the award party.

The Juju Dem Do Am From Village No Get Part two.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 12, 2016
IamPatriotic:
Thank goodness hers isn't an election matter where the supreme court over rules the decisions of the lower courts, when avenues for appeals are exhausted, she'll be in either Kuje or Kirikiri for five years eating undone beans. say no drinking and driving.
Her lawyer has filed an appeal at the Supreme Court, according to the article.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by blank(f): 3:34am On Mar 12, 2016
campusflavour:
I feel for her, its just an accident, na why hit and run full everywhere

It was not just an accident. She was drunk and high whilst leaving the club and he was the unfortunate victim that was on his way home. She was so inebriated that she couldn't even comprehend her action as at that time.

Let us not let the passage of time make us forget what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:56am On Mar 12, 2016
That is karma 4 snatching anoda woman's husband. What goes round come round.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nobody: 4:03am On Mar 12, 2016
As she fine so, she'll come out playing for the same team ehn grin
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Johnpaul09(m): 6:19am On Mar 12, 2016
looseweight:
This one is strong.

If found guilty, let her go to prison so that it can serve as deterrent to her fellow actors and actresses

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT
It could happen to anybody.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Amother4life: 7:09am On Mar 12, 2016
11years down the road and this circus is still ongoing? Shameful
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by maskengy: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2016
B4 u know 5yrs don reach.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 12, 2016
shocked
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 12, 2016
I am of the opinion that her attitude towards the matter is what landed her in trouble. If she had shown remorse, an out of court settlement would have solved the issue and we wouldn't hear about it, accidents didn't start today, and we all know jail terms don't bring back the dead. I hope am not wrong, but from what I read up there it seems she doesn't even show face at the court cases, to which she was suspiciously awarded chicken change as option fine which she paid and went on to live her life like nothing happened. Did she even try to seek out of court settlement with the man's family?

4 Likes

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by thecommunist(m): 7:38am On Mar 12, 2016
Babe2sure:

Just listen to yourself......

Oh, shut it! I understand you have a right to voice your opinion without being shut down, but I find your statement pretty nonsensical.
Go take a seat, pls! I don't know where to start from telling you why she needs to be punished.
shutting me up and your display of aggression still dont change my opinion. Like i said, nemesis will deliver its package in due course.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Localamos(m): 8:12am On Mar 12, 2016
campusflavour:

It's not just an accident. Someone died as a result of her reckless driving, causing agony to the family of the deceased.

This will serve as deterrent to reckless drivers.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Localamos(m): 8:21am On Mar 12, 2016
thecommunist:
For all of you shouting justice this justice that, please tell me how many dangote trailer drivers have been convicted for reckless driving with the way they crush people to death with thier trailers? And i am a living witness to thier recklessness on the road. As far as i am concerned, this is a mere show of power on the part of LASG. It more like a retaliatory sentencing rather than justice being served. They want to make a show of her just to send out a strong message out there that they are not to be trifled with. Nemesis will be the final judge, and i am sure it wont dissapoint. Mark my words.

Regardless of your sentiments, justice has been served. The provisions of the law are there to uphold an equitable society.

You may not know, but many of thosr trailer drivers who are found guilty of reckless driving are sent to jail o. Especially where they cause the deaths of others. The only reason you are hearing about this one is because it involves a high profile personality.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by nuelyoyo(m): 9:13am On Mar 12, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
N100k fine for taking the life of a doctor? With three kids... angry angry angry angry
why are u emphasising the word 'doctor' are other pple who are not doctors not humans.

1 Like

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by otiigba1(m): 9:48am On Mar 12, 2016
thecommunist:
shutting me up and your display of aggression still dont change my opinion. Like i said, nemesis will deliver its package in due course.
Absolutely! Besides i get this feeling she will probarbly be released through the back door soon.

Anyway in your own word nemesis will deliver it's package in due course regardless.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by habsydiamond(m): 10:33am On Mar 12, 2016
This fine Opeke dey go prison oooo. Only God knows what happened. I won't judge anyone leaving it to God
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by bankybobo11: 10:38am On Mar 12, 2016
-
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by bankybobo11: 10:38am On Mar 12, 2016
campusflavour:

Just an accident? How will the children of the medical doctor feel? This is an example to all reckless vehicle drivers
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Perryjackson(m): 10:54am On Mar 12, 2016
They should send her to my house prison.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by omoabike: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2016
campusflavour:
It wasn't an accident. She was proven to be under the influence while driving and she lost control of the vehicle as a result of that and killed an innocent man.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Awaja(m): 11:16am On Mar 12, 2016
Emeka ike will be filled with smilies
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Fanirandele: 11:34am On Mar 12, 2016
thecommunist:

Nemesis to who? The government? He he he, you are a clown. The government has done its job which is to persecute criminals, driving while under the influence of alcohol of drugs or alcohol is a crime. This case has been in court for 10 years so I don't know what you mean by retaliation? All criminals are persecuted to show others not to commit the crime . This will serve as a deterrent to the next person who wants to get behind the wheels while drunk before they destroy lives.

It's sad situation and I feel sorry for her and her family but the law is the law.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by Eruditor: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
Nigerians and wickedness. We enjoy seeing someone else suffer, it is crazy.

Did Ibinabo come up with her own 100k fine or was it not the magistrate court that came up with that figure?

If they did, how did they come up with it? If they followed the law, then what right does the appeal court have to overturn the same law and ask for jail term instead?

Since when did a jail term become the only means of settlement for a case of involuntary manslaughter? Abi is it not clear that Ibinabo did not set out on that particular day to go and Kill the medical doctor?

Since when did the law allow someone to appeal the sentence metted out to the defendant? I thought the court had already pronounced her guilty? Did she deny culpability? Did she not accept guilt and proceed to take the option of the fine? If the fine is not commensurate, why not raise it? What will her jail term do for anyone?

People are talking about justice. That the medical doctor lost his life, his family lost a father and a brother etc. Which is very true. But will that not be the case if Ibinabo goes to jail for 5 years? Won't she lose a husband, 3 or is it 4 kids? Her own livelihood?

Since when did this become true justice?

So for close to 11 years the trauma of killing someone is not enough punishment? Of paying lawyers to handle the case, going to many radio stations in tears and appealing to the bereaved, having that cloud of darkness and stigma for taking someone else's life- is not commensurate punishment fit for the crime?

Please give me a break. The Appeal court should take several sits. This is just a case of playing to the gallery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by lahit14(m): 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
hardbody:

I have addressed this point before. Go back and read my response.

Go back........ whr??!! U must be kiddn me!! Unless am miSsing somtin whc I sincerly doubt. Dude, I just comented in respons to the person I quoted, I don't really care if any1 made a documentry addressing my point.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by hardbody: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
lahit14:

Go back........ whr??!! U must be kiddn me!! Unless am miSsing somtin whc I sincerly doubt. Dude, I just comented in respons to the person I quoted, I don't really care if any1 made a documentry addressing my point.

I guess you are right. We are indeed who we are. I know who you are, so i rest my case. A lost cause.
Re: Appeal-Court Sends Ibinabo Fiberesima To Jail by lahit14(m): 8:24am On Mar 13, 2016
hardbody:

I guess you are right. We are indeed who we are. I know who you are, so i rest my case. A lost cause.

Nigerian!! If u had responded diffrently I would hv been shocked. I ask u , does a nairalander need to go through evry single coment in a thread to acertain that nobody has made his point be4 he makes his personal input? why should I care whether u addressed my point, neva mind this part, u evn told me to go back n read ur coment, to wht end? say I agreed n went back to read ur coment, then wht??
And then becos I spellt it out in black n white u decided to insult me. Tipically I might just insult u back but it wouldn't give me the satisfaction I want becos in truth u deserve a dirty slap!! Happi sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adediwura Becky 2001 Throwback Vs 2018 Pictures. "How I Take Get Big Breast?" / Rita Edochie Reacts Blasts Ladies That Do Butt Enlargement Surgery / Tiwa Savage, Toke Makinwa & Sharon, Davido’s Sister In Twerking Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.