Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Great Northern Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Northern Leaders (622 Views)

PHOTOS: Osinbajo Meets With Northern Leaders / Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders / Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Northern Leaders by Ofodirinwa: 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2016
Many northerners in a recent thread said that the one thing holding their region back is bad leadership
the same people in the same thread said that leadership and 'administrative prowess' were the north's key skills.

I personally don't know any good northern leaders. I thought Sanusi would be among but his 2 attempts at child r#ape or the promotion of it despite Northern Nigeria leading the world in girl child vagina r#pe caused trauma and diseases. I thought El Rufai would be among but Kaduna residents have take to the streets and twitter to announce his draconian policy of destruction without building and extreme religion intolerance.
I knew Buhari wouldn't do well and he's proving that to even his hardest defenders. I was told kwankwaso was transforming Kano but the UN has reported that the economy in Northern Nigeria, led by Kano, has been declining for the past 20 years while southern nigeria is growing.

So I want to ask northerners to show us good northern leaders since you believe you're good at leadership. Igbos are good at business and can present Andy Uba, Tony Elumelu, Ojukwu Sr, etc. Yorubas believe they're good at learning/education and can present Wole Soyinka as well as the best universities in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great Northern Leaders by Ofodirinwa: 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
I want to also see good fulani leaders specifically because they say they're the best at leadership among northerners.

Umaru Yar'adua Shagari and Buhari were both cited to be 'do nothing' presidents with little to no control over the governments they over saw. In fact all of them were ousted or died to great fanfare. They are seldom if ever cited as 'great leaders' in Nigeria's history and those are the 3 fulanis we've had in power.
Re: Great Northern Leaders by carinmom(f): 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
Op is jobless undecided
Re: Great Northern Leaders by asha80(m): 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
I am now convinced that ofodirinwa is the same person as ikengawo..similar often clueless statements..andy uba great business man indeed..maybe you can tell what are Andy uba's businesses
Re: Great Northern Leaders by EasternActivist: 9:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ifeanyi ubah not Andy ubah...

Meanwhile op... Yoruba's don't have the best school in Nigeria if they have why did UNN appear as one of the best 15 schools in Africa and one of the best 1500 university in the world and not any university in Yoruba land.

Please reflect in your submission though I understand the point you make but setting the records straight is sacrosanct.
Re: Great Northern Leaders by GorkoSusaay: 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2016
I don't think that Northerners are "better at governance" than any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. Or that Igbos are better at business, or Yorubas are more educated. You will find a good mix of all these qualities if you care enough to look deeper.

The Sardauna, as controversial as he is, was a great Northern leader. He knew how to build bridges, and transformed a very fragmented region into a very cohesive one (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani, Jukun,...).He was very conscious about the benefits of Western education, and promoted in the North.

Aminu Kano never held governmental responsibilities. But he had strong progressist views, would have likely reformed the emirate system. PRP leaders such as Abubakar Rimi and Balarabe Musa were too radical, not very "Sardauna-like".

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Enough said lol.

The "Mai Rusau" Nasir El-Rufai. Humble background. Best senior student at Barewa College in 1976. At the head of a quantity surveying business at 22, accidental public servant starting in 1999.

Aliko Dangote and Abdulsamad Rabiu, in business.

Yakubu Dogara, keep your eyes on him.

But the greatest northern leader to me is Sultan Bello (1781-1837). He built the administrative structures of the Sokoto Caliphate on the bases, already laid by earlier Hausa rulers like Rumfa of Kano or Korau of Katsina. The new polity went way beyond the realms of the sons of Bayajidda.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ajimobi Of Oyo State Meets With Government Delegates In Ireland. Photos / MUST READ! Benue Killings: Why Blame Buhari When We Have The Solution? / CCT: Prosecution In Fresh Dilemma Over Saraki -via @nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.