Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline (645 Views)

Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Election Postponement Was Actually A Lifeline For INEC - REC Reveals / ASUU Strike: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline by samparian(m): 4:42am On Jul 19, 2009
I've travelled far and wide and noticed that what makes other nations thrive most are not the size of their army, or the eloquence and charisma of their politicians and leaders, but the prosperity of their people.
A nation prospers when its citizenry prosper.

That prosperity only comes when the Government provides Electricity and security.
Other amenities are very important but Electricity and security bring development.

Ghana is prospering today because its leaders have provided Electricity and security and our banks are racing to ghana and opening branches(creating employment for Ghanaians)
Foriegn investors are fleeing Nigeria and relocating to Togo, Benin, and Ghana, just because of lack of electricity and insecurity in Nigeria.
Many Ghanaians have returned home and established industries, big Hotels and tourist attractions.

Many Nigerians in diaspora want to return home and build industries(create jobs & build our economy) but will not. because the cost of operation will be too high and there is no security for investments and staff.
In the 80's Nigeria donated money to China, but look at China today. They turned their disadvantage into advantage by making sure electricity is constant and now, they are the fastest growing economy in the world. same goes for India. European and american companies all have factories in China and India.
All we need for Nigeria to take a GIANT STEP FORWARD is constant electricity supply and security of lifes and property.

what do you think?
Re: Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline by Nobody: 4:49am On Jul 19, 2009
what do you think?

Same as you think, but unfortunately, this thread will take a tribal turn before it gets to the second page. undecided
Re: Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline by samparian(m): 4:57am On Jul 19, 2009
Thats always the problem we have in Nigeria. I just hope it doesnt
Re: Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline by Kobojunkie: 5:06am On Jul 19, 2009
We are not united as a people, that is the MAJOR and NUMBER ONE PROBLEM. If we were, diaporans would not have as much of a problem as you think.
Re: Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline by TOYOSI20(f): 5:12am On Jul 19, 2009
I personally don't think we need to compare ourselves to any other African country at this point, . . .

given that in as much as we have our weakness, so do we our STRENGTHS, . . . . .

Its going to be a collective effort, i think security should be first tho, . . . the first rule in life for most people is self preservation!!

i also believe that the majority of the people making the society unsafe are young adults , why not get them engage, educate them,

provide honest means of lively hood for them, and then they will in turn help build our country, . . .
Re: Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline by samparian(m): 5:58am On Jul 19, 2009
TOYOSI20:

i also believe that the majority of the people making the society unsafe are young adults , why not get them engage, educate them,

provide honest means of lively hood for them, and then they will in turn help build our country, . . .

thats where electricity comes in. Without electricity, SMEs will not thrive and no new jobs will be created
Re: Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 19, 2009
TOYOSI20:

I personally don't think we need to compare ourselves to any other African country at this point, . . .

given that in as much as we have our weakness, so do we our STRENGTHS, . . . . .

Its going to be a collective effort, i think security should be first tho, . . . the first rule in life for most people is self preservation!!

How do you get security in a country where 70% of the people are unemployed and hungry?
No matter how stiff penalties for crimes are, an idle hungry man will always be a security threat and crime will always be the order of the day.

How do you even control these crimes without an electronic identification system? How do you check crimes without video cameras in strategic public places? Do all these not need electricity before it can work?

It is very clear to all that without efficient power supply, industries which creates employments will not spring up. And when there is unemployment and hunger in a country, it heads up straight to a failed state.
Re: Electricity And Security: Nigeria's New Lifeline by blacksta(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2009
Lack of the Electricity can be termed as being in the grave. The two instances share the same similiarity of being in total darkness.

(1) (Reply)

Oath-Taking And Our Leaders In Ogun State / Reps Tell Yaradua To Stop Borrowing Money - / Nigeria Seeks Approval For $500 Mln W.bank Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.