Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence (19967 Views)

Lagos Government To Execute Rev King And Others On Death Row / The World Will Rather Sink Than For Rev. King To Die – Pastor / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 12, 2016
He should be hanged. I his fellow Igbo man will like to be the person that will hang nose on his neck.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Pque(m): 11:17am On Mar 12, 2016
it is a pity that d best liars in d whole world are lawyers. At least a lawyer must support nd encourage a criminal act after commission when such committer patronise them nd become their client on d basis of an agreed sum. They write fabricated stories like what is written above just to secure d release of their client. Same lawyers are behind Saraki and every other corrupt politician in Nig. I don't blame them, what if I'am in their shoe, I no go chop, pikin no go go school, wife or wives no go wear cloth, use cream, nd buy aso ebi? E easy? I no go collect my own share of d national cake, I no come sell groundnut.

What is so special abt Rev Kings case? If he have any case to make let him go to court. Remind him that d crazy Jonathan is nt in Power to pardon him. Yes d court sometimes makes error, the only place to correct d error is an higher court, so what are they waiting for?
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by klax(m): 11:31am On Mar 12, 2016
Ok nah so no human right in America if dem born you well go kill pesin for American den you will understand the meaning of death serene.

Human Right Thunder fire you all infact God punish you all may your descendant to 100 generation be burnt to death for no crime. AMEN in capital.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by queenfav(f): 11:35am On Mar 12, 2016
midolian:
Even if Satan's tried and sentenced in Nigeria, He ll still have sympathizers grin

Makes me ask, 'what is left of Naija?'
jeez i love you..I dont get the outcry.Is he the first to be given a death sentence? His sentence should be commuted,who is going to speak for d church members already dead due to incineration,can their death be commuted to life?My firm handled his case from trial to appeal,i read his file exhaustively.. Trust me,the judgement of the supreme court is well deserved even though it wasn't in our favour as his defence attorneys...Everyone in my office knows what actually went down..#nosympathy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Kelvinemmy(m): 11:57am On Mar 12, 2016
So some of u people are not seeing what is being said on this article? Well, If he is for God nothing will happen to him but is he is not let him be hanged then..
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by kingoduyebo1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
where were u when pastor king was on trial..... abeg go and sleep Jor
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by uchejames2(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
hang this Haman. if hard them make them burn the murderfucker...... wet in dry answer king.....
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Too late, charge and bail lawyers.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by joseph1832(m): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
queenfav:
jeez i love you..I dont get the outcry.Is he the first to be given a death sentence? His sentence should be commuted,who is going to speak for d church members already dead due to incineration,can their death be commuted to life?My firm handled his case from trial to appeal,i read his file exhaustively.. Trust me,the judgement of the supreme court is well deserved even though it wasn't in our favour as his defence attorneys...Everyone in my office knows what actually went down..#nosympathy.
Hmm. Then lawyers are liars isn't that so. Lol. But shouldn't there be client/lawyer privacy? Or am I mistaken?
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by queenfav(f): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
joseph1832:
Hmm. Then lawyers are liars isn't that so. Lol. But shouldn't there be client/lawyer privacy? Or am I mistaken?
Yea,attorney and client communications are privileged, so far i don't recall revealing the merits of the case. Besides,the professional relationship is over, because after the supreme Court, he can only appeal to God.As for your statement on lawyers being liars,that is a general misconception founded on lack of knowledge on the duties and obligations of an attorney.We are to put up a defence,no matter how feeble,based on the constitutional provision of presumption of innocence and fair hearing of an accused.We owe him a duty as lawyers to follow his instructions and abide by what he wants as his defence.Our job is merely to present his case before the court and argue the elements.Its not our job to ask whether he did it or not(that's left for his priest to find out during confession).
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by joseph1832(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
queenfav:
Yea,attorney and client communications are privileged, so far i don't recall revealing the merits of the case. Besides,the professional relationship is over, because after the supreme Court, he can only appeal to God.
Privileged? Don't understand this?
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by alfredolski(m): 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
Noneroone:
Someone pointed out an obvious ethnic undertone in the silence concerning the case involving tb joshua and yorubas nearly killed him.

Why will tb joshua still be allowed to run his 'church' after nearly hundred pple died and after being found on tape trying to cover it up?

Why will pple on this forum(from sw) mention revd king whenever Biafra is mentioned?

If revd king's crime can be used by yorubas score ethnic points it is also possible they can defend their tribesman who committed similar crime to score same ethnic point, and that is what they are doing.

Nigeria is just a terrible place.
Guy go back home and settle scores with your sense of reasoning cuz it won't allow you to think in your right sense. Did you even read the comment of those professionals they invited to come and investigate the .scene
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by whitebone(m): 2:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
Judgment delayed is justice denied. They should execute this man fast fast so e teach other ritual pastors lesson say we no they for old testament again. Let him just die then go meet his master for hell.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Noneroone(m): 2:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
alfredolski:

Guy go back home and settle scores with your sense of reasoning cuz it won't allow you to think in your right sense. Did you even read the comment of those professionals they invited to come and investigate the .scene
close your mouth
the so called proffessionals indicted him
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
Maybe its a setup...Who knows things like this are expected in the last days
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
this case has been on since 2006. abeg if dem nor won hang am make dem let am go continue he killing. na when he kill buhari na hin dey go hang am
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by nickjnr21(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
tayebest:
Amadioha wey go strike anybody wey no want rev. King death dey my backyard dey do training!
What is amadioha doing at ur backyard... Ur own worst pass rev kings own sef...
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by omokab: 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
Can you see the group of people calling themselves human right activist? Bunch of fools and idiot. A person commit crime in the name of religion or pastor whatsoever, and they are cooking a lies to defend him,instead of saying the truth as a human right activist. No be only human right na woman left.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
petemancini:
This pocket rights activists have started again abi, where we're dey when Rev king Kong was going on a killing spree?

Soon you may need to hire them to yap on your behalf when you're caught for fraud.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
gloria34:
this case has been on since 2006. abeg if dem nor won hang am make dem let am go continue he killing. na when he kill buhari na hin dey go hang am

As in...
Eating state food and wasting oxygen since 2006.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
Maybe if he burnt their children they would think otherwise.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
This idiiatic man must die by hanging,nothing more.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by kannyluv(f): 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
hmmmmmmm Bikonu make I ask question......Who is in position to hang Rev King when the time comes
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by Smooyis(m): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
sainty2k3:
must u color everything with ethnicity ? there fabricated lies failed to work for the judge. supreme court is final jor. he has been found guilty and must face the consequences

We all need the mercy of God.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by elisbabs499(m): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
Naija police! well am nt surprise cuz they can even do more than dis.
Re: Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence by HyperBase(m): 10:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
[quote author=LEGALAide post=43698323]

“However, after her death, her two statements in police letter-headed papers [sic] disappeared mysteriously and in its place, a foolscap sheet was used to fabricate what was said to be her statement".

Could the police have used the statement of a dead witness in court which statement isn't a dying declaration?
I think this is pure sentiment. - God does not need the help and opinion of the public to deal a devastating defeat on Satan and his agents. - Now to the subject. The case for which Rev. King was sentenced to death was a sheer frame up. If the trials were not an arrangie-trial, tell me how the contradicting accounts of the incident by prosecution witnesses would have passed undisturbed through both the Appeal and Supreme Courts. The deceased; Ann Uzuh was NOT a maid to Rev. King as was widely reported. First, Ann and her father - until the fire incident that took her life - were members of Rev. King's church who had not the right words to thank Rev. King for what he was doing in their lives and their family. Ann Uzuh was one of the thousands who were studying under Rev. Kings scholarship. An announcement was made by the church sometime in 2005 publicizing job opportunities for men and women who were interested in working at the church quarters where Rev. King lived. Scores of members of the church applied, including Ann and luckily, she succeeded as one of those who were employed. These employees of the church lived at a section quite different from where Rev. King lived. They lived at the boys quarters while king lived ALONE at the main building.
On that fateful Saturday evening, 25th Day of July, 2006, Dr. Rev. King returned home from work and there was no light in the neighborhood due to power outage from the then NEPA. He immediately alighted from his car and moved up the stairs waiting for the workers to put on the generating set so he can move into his room. He had barely undressed before there came a loud cry and shout down stairs and he quickly rushed down the stairs again to find out what was going on, only to see Ann covered in flames. At this time, her co-workers were all standing a distance away from her just watching without doing anything to help her. Rev. King himself rushed towards Ann, dared the fire on her, stretched his hand and caught Ann by her clothes, dragged her down on a tap right on the wall beside him and turned on the tap which helped put out the fire. At this time, Ann had already stopped breathing.
Rev. King instantly revived her, poured oil on her burns before he began to ask Ann's co-workers what happened to her. Surprisingly, no one of them uttered a word. Rev. King brought out his car, took Ann himself into his car, and drove her to Faith City Hospital in Ajao Estate, Lagos (in person) where he asked the hospital to take care of her and also got a member of the church to stay by her while she takes treatment. Rev. King that night, also instructed that a formal report be made to the Police before he left for home. When he got home, surprisingly also, there was no one to open the gates for him, he opened the gates himself and drove into the quarters only to discover that the workers had all packed their belongings and left. The next time he saw some of them were on TV where they were telling the world that Rev. King poured petrol on them and set them on fire. - While Ann Uzuh was in the hospital, she made statements to the police both on paper and on tape. By this time, Rev. king had been arrested. In her statement, Ann stated how she was burnt by a fire explosion from the gen. set, how she mistakenly tried to top some petrol in the gen. set while it was already steaming and the result was an explosion. She stated categorically that Rev. King was nowhere close to the scene of the incident before the explosion. The Faith City Hospital in her statement also confirmed that it was Rev. King who brought Ann Uzuh to the hospital in person. - I was most surprise that the Police, during Rev. King's trial at the high Court, managed to remove Ann's statements from the case file. It took Rev. King's team of lawyers' foresightedness to exhume the written statement by Ann while till date, there was no trace of the statement made by Ann on tape. It was a show of shame by the Police at the Ikeja High Court on that fateful day, when against the expectation of the police and prosecutors, the written statements made by Ann to the Police on two different occasions surfaced in the court. The Police had no option but confirm to the court, after they were allowed to peruse the documents, that those were truly Ann's statements and in both occasions, Ann's statements exonerated Rev. King of any complicity. While Rev. King's lawyers congratulated themselves for that break-through, to everyone's surprise, Justice Olubunmi Joseph Oyewole of the Ikeja High Court, for no cogent reason, refused to admit Ann's statement as evidence for the defense. All the lawyers present watching brief on that day, including scores of Senior Advocates (SANs) cried foul against Oyewole's decision lamenting that the Judge's decision not to admit the victim's statements as evidence will amount to a severe miscarriage of justice against Rev. King which finally proved to be the case. - Those of us who are Christians, who had always found it difficult to understand what transpired between Jesus Christ Of Nazareth Our Lord and the Pharisees, Saducees and the scribes who are known as the journalists of today, the govt and earthly Judges of Jesus' days (Herod and Pontious Pilate), should just put Rev. King's ordeal side by side with that of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the testimonies of the New Testament Bible about Jesus and every single bit of the gist will be very clear to you. Have you ever wondered why Satan and his agents would always want to accuse anyone sent from God - who preaches against fornication and adultery according to the dictates of the word of God - of that which he preaches against in order to stop him? It happened to My dear Jesus Christ when he was accused of fornicationg with Mary Magdalene. - For purposes of setting the records straight, Rev. King, contrary to what the prosecution and their co-conspirators have made people believe, did NOT hurt anyone. How many Nigerian parents does not flog their children at home anytime they need to be corrected using that medium? Why then would anyone cry foul when his child is mildly chastized in the church for the same purpose? These are what some rag-tag journalists/Occultists like Reuben Abati of Guardian Newspapers and Dele Agekameh of the Nation Newspapers have decided to spend their time on, instead of using their columns to try to profer solution to the many problems of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MFM: Daniel Olukoya Sues Thisday Newspaper For N500 Billion For Libel / Interview With Sinach / Ogun Vs Orunmila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.