Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Can't Confide In Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can't Confide In Husband (2199 Views)

Wife Finds Her Death Certificate In Husband’s Car / Reason Why Your Kids Don’t Confide In You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Confide In Husband by Tobigirl16: 8:41am On Mar 12, 2016
How do you handle a man you can not confide in,whatever you discuss with him he would call his mum and tell her,and definitely it would cause issues between you and his mum.ppl say I am not wise for still discussing issues with him but y wouldn't you be able to discuss issues with someone you call your husband?its so irritating
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 12, 2016
Tobigirl16:
How do you handle a man you can not confide in,whatever you discuss with him he would call his mum and tell her,and definitely it would cause issues between you and his mum.ppl say I am not wise for still discussing issues with him but y wouldn't you be able to discuss issues with someone you call your husband?its so irritating
Just talk things over with him.
Make him understand how you feel, i believe he will change but if he dont, then call me and i will tell you what to do next.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by Acidosis(m): 8:55am On Mar 12, 2016
What kind of issues do you discuss ma?
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by Oche211(m): 9:04am On Mar 12, 2016
Did u marry a baby?
Does that still happen in dis 21st century whn guys re becoming independent minded.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by Tobigirl16: 9:18am On Mar 12, 2016
Acidosis:
What kind of issues do you discuss ma?

my elder sister told me somethings about our relationship and ofcourse I discussed it with my hubby as usual but I just found out he went and told his mum meanwhile the mum has a hint of what is going on and told me not to mention it to him because they believe he can't handle such things,I now look like a woman whose mouth can not close.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by YourCoffin: 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
Married people. Make una pack jor. I no get time for una nonsense today.

By the way, have you bought your coffin today. Woods are getting depleted. By the time you're ready, you might not be able to afford it then. Be smart and invest in your coffins today. Comfort for the dead is our motto

There's a new scheme called 'coffin insurance.' We're working with top insurance firms to marshal out cheap insurance scheme that makes coffins readily affordable for you and your family
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by NifemiOlu(m): 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
I guess you married the first or last born of the house.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by ahnie: 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
Madam op,its your 4th,i use to be like you,ayam a very openminded person,very transparent,i use to discuss issues with my husband,but the dude always use it against me,as in to spite me,and whenever we hav disputes,viam,he would tell his mum n sisters,so i re-branded and now i hardly tell him anything that concerns me/my immediate family.op if you keep it within yu,it wont burst your chest.

6 Likes

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by GodnGold: 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
ahnie:
Madam op,its your 4th,i use to be like you,ayam a very openminded person,very transparent,i use to discuss issues with my husband,but the dude always use it against me,as in to spite me,and whenever we hav disputes,viam,he would tell his mum n sisters,so i re-branded and now i hardly tell him anything that concerns me/my immediate family.op if you keep it within yu,it wont burst your chest.
Thank you!
The Good Lord spoke through you.
Op take this.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by byvan03: 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
There is no much to do here, keep it to yourself. It's just really an unfortunate situation to be in, if you can't confide in him, who will you confide in? sad

1 Like

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by ahnie: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sometimes whenever he's around,and his ears itching for gists,he'll be like..annie how z yur mum nah?...me...oh mum z fyne,she sent her regards...or how z bishop yur broda..?me...bishop z dooing great,he also sent his regards,when my guy could no longer bear it,he 'l restrategize,annie you know, you hav changed,and you no longer tell me secrets again,i'l response thus::::haaa mr ahlex,its the lords dooings oh,and its marvelous in my sight.case Closed
GodnGold:
Thank you!
The Good Lord spoke through you.
Op take this.
op has to learn how to shut her loose.

5 Likes

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by byvan03: 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
ahnie:
Sometimes whenever he's around,and his ears itching for gists,he'll be like..annie how z yur mum nah?...me...oh mum z fyne,she sent her regards...or how z bishop yur broda..?me...bishop z dooing great,he also sent his regards,when my guy could no longer bear it,he 'l restrategize,annie you know, you hav changed,and you no longer tell me secrets again,i'l response thus::::haaa mr ahlex,its the lords dooings oh,and its marvelous in my sight.case Closed op has to learn how to shut her loose.

grin grin the lord's doing.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by aameyah(f): 8:19am On Mar 13, 2016
For me, what annoys me about my man is that we will be on an issue, trying to discuss and take the best decision for us as a couple and he will go and tell his sisters. They will then offer their unsolicited advice and tell him, "so and so and so is how it should be done".

I was quiet till he did the last one and then I reasoned, this behavior needs a radical antidote o, else it will get to a point when they will give advice on the number of years to do child spacing when we start a family or even how to our baby should be named.

Though I know he only does it out of a real desire to be close to them. But I'm close to my folks too. And I choose what to discuss with them.

So the last time, I tried voicing my displeasure to him over the phone immediately he told me he had told darling sisters about what we were discussing. But he got upset and ended the call.

Throughout that day, I was just upset. And then Eureka, it occurred to me that while he discusses our issues with them, darling sisters never mention their husbands in the course of a conversation with him.

So at night when he picked me, I broached the issue again. And he got defensive saying I overreact on little issues. Asking me if its wrong to discuss issues with his blood....

To be continued.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by aameyah(f): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2016
I told him, don't get me wrong. No one is asking you guys not to be close. But our man and woman discussions should be kept between us. But I will agree I am overreacting if you can mention just one thing that your sisters have discussed with you regarding their family decisions. Mention one thing that you know they are planning on doing.

Na so my man lie down in utter silence as it dawned on him that while they seemed to know so much about us, he knew ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the inner workings of their own families.

So I left him for some few minutes for that to sink in, and we later continued our normal gist.

I hope that habit has been dealt with permanently. If not, I will not be tired because I hate it when someone can't keep secrets. I am the woman and I don't act like that. You guys can discuss your extended family matters from morning till night. It's non of my business. But when it comes to my little family, omo, I won't take kindly to 3rd parties trying to usurp their rightful place as outsiders.

5 Likes

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by EfemenaXY: 9:15am On Mar 13, 2016
ahnie:
Sometimes whenever he's around,and his ears itching for gists,he'll be like..annie how z yur mum nah?...me...oh mum z fyne,she sent her regards...or how z bishop yur broda..?me...bishop z dooing great,he also sent his regards,when my guy could no longer bear it,he 'l restrategize,annie you know, you hav changed,and you no longer tell me secrets again,i'l response thus::::haaa mr ahlex,its the lords dooings oh,and its marvelous in my sight.case Closed op has to learn how to shut her loose.

Oniovo më, oboh weh gaga!!

#Nunu ra...Nunu ra...Nunu ra...# grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by Zoe99(f): 9:37am On Mar 13, 2016
ehyaah...sorry.U married a typical mama's boy.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2016
ahnie:

Now this is hilarious....
Op, learn how to keep your mouth shut...I write out my feelings down instead of talking.
My writing pad is my best confidant

1 Like

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by wadetaw202: 11:11am On Mar 13, 2016
Tobigirl16:

Ma, you didn't marry a man; you married a boy.

Did either of you read books and attend programs about marriage and marital life before you got married? I doubt it.

Maybe you just married him because he is well to do and ready for marriage without first finding out his characters.

Or maybe you saw the characters before marriage but decided to still marry him because of so called love or money.

You are in for a long thing.

If you tell him to stop telling his mummy about your discussions, he will still tell his mummy and this will put you in a bigger problem with your mother in law.

Since you decided to marry mummy's boy, I suggest you live with it.

When he was wooing you with gifts and money, you didn't come here to complain. Now that marriage has opened your eyes to reality, you remember nairaland.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by ahnie: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2016
Dee'wor bo veh wo yan... ke'veh ewhareh na?
EfemenaXY:

Oniovo më, oboh weh gaga!!

#Nunu ra...Nunu ra...Nunu ra...# grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by EfemenaXY: 11:54am On Mar 13, 2016
ahnie:
Dee'wor bo veh wo yan... ke'veh ewhareh na?

Vrendo... Ma'rei oh!

Kobuwo? Kor Oza we, avor omomo?

Mé bé cheze ni ne na. Mé oyele gagä!! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by MsGlobalwonder(f): 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
Tobigirl16:
stop discussing such with him since such bring in unsolicited troubles. You should have known his nature before marrying him. He can't keep a secret. Treat him like that accordingly for your peace of mind.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by teddybear007(f): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
wadetaw202:

Ma, you didn't marry a man; you married a boy.

Did either of you read books and attend programs about marriage and marital life before you got married? I doubt it.

Maybe you just married him because he is well to do and ready for marriage without first finding out his characters.

Or maybe you saw the characters before marriage but decided to still marry him because of so called love or money.

You are in for a long thing.

If you tell him to stop telling his mummy about your discussions, he will still tell his mummy and this will put you in a bigger problem with your mother in law.

Since you decided to marry mummy's boy, I suggest you live with it.

When he was wooing you with gifts and money, you didn't come here to complain. Now that marriage has opened your eyes to reality, you remember nairaland.

For ur mind u jst advised d OP, well u are entitled to ur own opinion, am pretty sure u aint married. Gracias.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Confide In Husband by wadetaw202: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
teddybear007:

For ur mind u jst advised d OP, well u are entitled to ur own opinion, am pretty sure u aint married. Gracias.

How would you marry a flippant man and claim you didn't know he was like that before marriage? Of course, the op knew before marriage but got carried away with frivolities. She intentionally married a spoilt brat and she should deal with it.
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by Richy4(m): 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
Oh!!!! sorry Dear.... You married a mama's boy....There's no solution to it till the demise of the mum....That is the only marriage problem that got no solution.....

just one plate of Egwusi soup from the mother will be enough for him to tell her how many times you have slept together as couple.....
Re: Can't Confide In Husband by MamaKs: 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
My dear, u can't do anytin about his mouth. My hubby is like dat, he tell his mum everytin. I had to ask him if he usually discuss our s*x life wit his mum nd he got pissed. I had to wise up; it wasn't easy but I started keepin secrets.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help Regarding My Relationship / 17 Things All Men Can Relate To[photos] / Your Daughter Wants To Get Married ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.