Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

You Are Welcome To Introduction To Guitar - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / You Are Welcome To Introduction To Guitar (1127 Views)

Welcome To Musiccloud Help Desk / Introduction: I'm A Musician (epp Me) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are Welcome To Introduction To Guitar by Lawrence24(m): 8:49am On Mar 12, 2016
You need to buy a guitar, you may be asking or thinking which guitar should I go for? You could go for the acoustic guitar or the electric guitar, when making your choice of guitar think of who influenced and inspired you, Then go for that one because, that will always want to make you play, could be Sunny Ade, Guitar boy-Victor , Last B.B. King, George Benson ,Earl Klugh etc.

However, The acoustic guitar could be better for you because you can take it out of the case and you can start playing right away, but going for the electric guitar you will need power, a combo or amplifier and a cable . But some companies have affordable once, impotently, choose the instrument that will always want to make you practice.

That dream of wanting to play the guitar can be turn into reality, someone around you needs that dream to go to the next level, if you can just see it in your mind you can get there, as you see yourself so you are, each of us has a talent, a gift, our own bit of genius just waiting to be tapped. It might be a talent for art or music. It might be a special way of relating to the ones you love. I choose to believe that our Creator doesn’t
play favorites, that we’ve all been created unique, but with equal opportunities for experiencing life to
the fullest. I decided many years ago that the most important way I could spend my life would be to
invest it in something that would outlast it, that is music.

See you next time

Thank you.

Re: You Are Welcome To Introduction To Guitar by Lawrence24(m): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2016
How to play the Guitar (Anatomy of the guitar)
Getting familiarize yourself with the various parts of a guitar and you'll have a better understanding of what to look for when buying one. there are big differences in the design of acoustic and the electric guitar instruments, below are anatomy of the guitar. Be sure you feel comfortable with all the parts of the guitar before moving on with lesson.

Acoustic guitar

GLOSSARY OF ACOUSTIC GUITAR TERMS

Top/Table Top This is made of solid wood, but most commonly it is laminate that is pieces of wood glued together.

Sound hold Generates sound from the vibration of strings.

Bridge Hold the strings in place on the table.

Pick guard prevents plectrum guarding the guitar body.

Strap button where the strap attaches to the guitar, usually at the base of the body and on the heel.

Neck Usually made from two pieces of wood: one forms the back, the other the fingerboard.

Fret Gap in which to place your fingers to create notes.

Tuning keys Turn these to tune the guitar.

Machine Head These are the part of the machine head to which the strings attach.

Fingerboard Composed of fret wire and frets; it is usually made rosewood, but may be a cheaper alternative.

Electric guitar

GLOSSARY OF ELECTRIC GUITAR TERMS

Pick guard made of plastic; hides the wiring for pick-ups and control knobs.

Bridge Adjustable saddles house here hold the strings in place at the body end of the guitar.

Saddles Each string runs over a saddle at the body end, where the vibrating section of string starts. They can be adjusted for hight length.

Pick-ups Magnetically pick up the vibration of the strings and amplify the sound.

Control knobs Adjust the loudness of the guitar through the amplifier and adjust the bass and treble sound of the guitar through the amplifier.

5-way selector switch Chooses which pick-up is working and therefore changes the sound of the guitar through the amplifier.

Jack plate where the lead plugs in from the amplifier.
Strap button Where the strap attaches to the guitar.

You could please subscribe.

Karu site, Abuja.
Phone number +2348035959411
https://lawrencetoyin..com
https://www.facebook.com/ayansina.lawrence
https://twitter.com/Ayansina

(1) (Reply)

[music] Justin Skye Ft. Wizkid – U Don”t Know / VIDEO: Junior Boy – Fear God Ft. Oritse Femi / Latest Song Update By--nastybrave - WA TIDO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.