Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State (25340 Views)

Lagos State Ministry Of Health Sacks Health Care Workers In The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by newgroom: 10:37am On Mar 12, 2016
We have a great problem in this country. I keep on saying, the death of Gani has put the lid on human right activism in this country. I am yet to see any other person that is as objective, as fair, as apolitical and as unbiased.

Because you call yourself a celebrity, you have the temerity to DUI - an action that led to the death of a medical doctor. Yet some people are not ashamed enough to sermonise us she has learnt her lesson. We should pray for her.. blah.. blah..blah.. They are even clamouring for the collection of 1m signatures. For what? So she can be left off the hook? If the victim is your family member, would you have maintained this position?

Consider an innocent man who invested 7 years of his life in the university only for your to cut short his life like that because of your carelessness. He left behind a wife, children, parents and other relatives. The wife became a widow and the children; fatherless. The parents lost their son and the family, their breadwinner. Now you don't want to take consequences for your action because of the condition of the prison. I ask, do you know the condition of where this man is today? Do you know what the family is passing through? Dr. Giwa naa fe e se baba awon omo e pe na. O fee se oko iyawo e titi di ojo ogbo. Oun naa fee gbehin awon arugbo re fa. Now all these have become history.

From my observation of this lady, she has not learnt her lesson. She has refused to lie low and continue to behave in the public as if "noting spoil". She has refused to understand that anytime she's in the new, the family hurts. Her public comportment is as if she's not bothered. DUI is a great offence. In fact that 5 years, to me, is not enough. Let her go and serve it.

This is not about anything but justice. The family deserves justive. The state deserves justice. Let this serve as deterrent to others who think they can do anything and get away with it. Just like we are clamouring for the prosecution of Pastor TB Joshua, we are also clamouring that justice should be done in the case of Ibinabo and the State. What is sauce for the goose must also be, for the gander.

If you must drink, drink yourself to stupor but please stay indoor.

115 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by newgroom: 11:00am On Mar 12, 2016

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Immatex(m): 11:36am On Mar 12, 2016
I concur!!!

44 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by spora(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
Lalasticlala

This deserves FP

I agree completely

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
I was almost skinned alive via the internet yesterday for asking some questions which I now see as silly questions because I was not having adequate information regarding the incident/accident. Truly I must say now that just must be served...

8 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by marycool18(f): 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
This issue is very sensitive, it's a lesson to all 'em celebrities who feel because they are living the good life, safety and caution should be damned.

She was at fault and probably was the reason they rushed to pay the initial 100k.

But then this can happen to any other person, reason may not be a DUI but any other, let her get served what she deserves but don't castigate her she is allowed to be human!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by yinkslinks(m): 12:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
And such women bleeps well when drunk kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
I actually felt pity for her though but my inner concience says justice must be served

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Sweetyie(f): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hmmmm, speechless
Well she should act orange is the new black season 4 In Jail

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by ThuGnificenX: 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
undecided 5 years is too small for manslaughter. She should be on life sentence without parole.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by lekkie073(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
space 10 is not for sale pls
meet :
newgroom
immatex
spora
dharniel
marycool18
yinkslinks
ClintonNzedimma
sweetyie
ThuGnificenX

for more details...grin

2 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
let her be jailed since she was found guilty
she's been enjoying her life since while the man was in grave.. let her go to jail

#saynotospecialtreatment

-baebae angry angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by olamide452(f): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
I agree

1 Like

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by bettercreature(m): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
She should rot in jail

See her walking around almost nude while the children of the deceased are suffering

EMEKA IKE is enjoying this

13 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Eruditor: 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
newgroom:
We have a great problem in this country. I keep on saying, the death of Gani has put the lid on human right activism in this country. I am yet to see any other person that is as objective, as fair, as apolitical and as unbiased.

Because you call yourself a celebrity, you have the temerity to DUI - an action that led to the death of a medical doctor. Yet some people are not ashamed enough to sermonise us she has learnt her lesson. We should pray for her.. blah.. blah..blah.. They are even clamouring for the collection of 1m signatures. For what? So she can be left off the hook? If the victim is your family member, would you have maintained this position?

Consider an innocent man who invested 7 years of his life in the university only for your to cut short his life like that because of your carelessness. He left behind a wife, children, parents and other relatives. The wife became a widow and the children; fatherless. The parents lost their son and the family, their breadwinner. Now you don't want to take consequences for your action because of the condition of the prison. I ask, do you know the condition of where this man is today? Do you know what the family is passing through? Dr. Giwa naa fe e se baba awon omo e pe na. O fee se oko iyawo e titi di ojo ogbo. Oun naa fee gbehin awon arugbo re fa. Now all these have become history.

From my observation of this lady, she has not learnt her lesson. She has refused to lie low and continue to behave in the public as if "noting spoil". She has refused to understand that anytime she's in the new, the family hurts. Her public comportment is as if she's not bothered. DUI is a great offence. In fact that 5 years, to me, is not enough. Let her go and serve it.

This is not about anything but justice. The family deserves justive. The state deserves justice. Let this serve as deterrent to others who think they can do anything and get away with it. Just like we are clamouring for the prosecution of Pastor TB Joshua, we are also clamouring that justice should be done in the case of Ibinabo and the State. What is sauce for the goose must also be, for the gander.

If you must drink, drink yourself to stupor but please stay indoor.

Emotive trash.

You even called the deceased "Innocent". What is to say he wasn't on his way to kill a debtor or that he would not have an accident that would have taken someone else's life say 2 months after that day?

Did Ibinabo set out on that very day to kill him?

So his family lost a breadwinner, a brother, father, one who gave 7 years of his life to becoming a doctor, but her family won't lose anybody when she goes to jail? Her husband won't lose a wife? Her kids won't lose a mum?

I thought you were saying what is sauce for the Goose is sauce for the Gander? Why the glaring hypocrisy?

The only thing that can be determined as justice will be what the law has to say about involuntary manslaughter. If the option of a fine was available and the first court issued that, then there is no need for the emotional hot air you are spewing.

She is guilty of the crime, but should not be a reckless victim of judicial eye-service and pandering.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by kramer: 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Interesting Fact: did you know that Ibinabo was in the Rosie Bang Belly video with Blaccky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7khgQLZmMg

10 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
i sit down dey luk like tinubu
season of imprisonment just began in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
[size=20pt]only 5years??! angry[/size]

IN OTHER NEWS
[b]NAILARAND MODELATORV EMPYOYMENT EXAMINATION
GENERAL PAPER
Time: 1hr 30 mins
Section A (Answer all questions)
1a) How many Chibok girls were kidnapped? State d reason for their kidnapp?(20marks)
1b) The question “Na only you waka come was said by who and to who? Why dis exclamation “chai there‘s is God oo!(15marks)
2a. What are the names of the two people holding hands when you switch on a Nokia phone ?(10 marks)
2b. If the past tense of Take is Took, what is the past tense of Make ?(10marks)
3. Which university in Nigeria has the highest number of ladies using blackberry phones? (10marks)
4. If Buhari is a friend to Obasanjo on facebook, who sent the friend request and why ?(10marks)
5. If the cost of moi-moi is N10.50, what is the cost of moi ? (10marks)
6. Who ate the missing part of the apple logo?(15marks)

SECTION B (Answer All. 10 Marks each)
1. Between the Nigerian police and Nigerian girls, who likes money more?
2. Using the almighty formula, calculate the diameter of elegushi beach. (take pi=3.142)
3. If Ada is a girl and Obi is a boy, who is Adaobi ?
4. If your X-boyfriend/X-girlfriend wins N50,000,000 on who wants to be a millionaire a day after you broke up, find the value of X?
5. If it takes Goodluck 1 hour to deliver a typed speech in a national conference, how many days will it take Patience to deliver the same speech on the same occasion? Assuming the polarity of the audience is kept constant.

SECTION C (Answer 2)
1) Tuface was given a Prado and Ferarri on his traditional wedding and white wedding respectively. There is every likelihood that D Banj has gone ahead to print wedding invitation cards without an available bride. Discuss (20Marks)
2) Write a short essay of 500 words on 'My Oga At The Top' (20 Marks)
3) What's the name of the lady that use to say "please enter your secret number" at the ATM center of the banks. State reasons why she was chosen and explain too (20 Marks)
START. NO SIDE TALKS PLS... Your time starts now..[/b]

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by musingzizzy: 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Why is there a double standard regarding crime and criminals in this country? When will things change? RIP dear doctor. Ibinabo should serve her time in prison.

24 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by skullbaba: 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Nigerians need to start supportong our institutions. When the famed,rich and powerful are brought to the institution for any reason whatsoever, we need to understand the state must come first. This will teach others lesson

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by caramel403: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Oyinbo people no dey joke with stuffs like this. It reminds of a programme on Sony Max channel titled: World Wildest Police Videos. American police dey even hit DUIs off d road with 'PIT' method

9 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by joseph1832(m): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sentiment! Like I've said time over time is the bane of this country!. Someone actually broke the law, and punishment is meted out, yet, many stewpid Nigerians still allow sentiment to cloud their sense of reasoning and judgment.

All those who append their signature to that whatever it is they call it, should please make themselves known to all and sundry, so anybody can kill them, and gather 1 million signatures so that person can go scud free. Let's see if they or their family will be smiling.

She has learnt her kor, she has learnt has lesson nii. Yeye too dey smell for dis naija!.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by dammytosh: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
No need for any sentiment on this issue.

She should serve the sentence.

She is a f00lish woman. She has no good advisers. I remember calling her out when she was flaunting her daughter on her birthday.

She recklessly killed the bread winner of a family (A medical doctor), instead of moving close and trying to ease their pain.

I thought she will have sense enough to start a trust / foundation in the Doctor's name and assist raise funds based on her influence to get scholarships for his children. Doing this alone is enough to show remorse and make the family drop any charges against her.

Rather, She was busy flaunting her daughter on Social Media, going for gigs. I heard that she was even drunk again at the AMVCA after party.

She did not manage the whole stuff well and deserves 10-20 years jail term because she might not have killed the Doctor if she was not drunk (That is a statement of fact recognized by the law. So her recklessness led to the death of the Doctor. It was not a mechanical fault.)

No need for sentiments and emotion. The Law is clear on what penalty for Involuntary Man Slaughter should be.

The court knows better and no amount of tribal, ethnic, religious or emotional sentiment can prevent the law from taking its course since she does not know how to use emotional intelligence to get an out of court settlement.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by littlemistress: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
She must go to jail & serve her time. That she's a yeyebrity makes no difference. Let there be no double standards. That family is bereaved now because she threw commonsense to the winds & drove whilst under the influence of alcohol. Let her serve as a lesson to others. Learnt her lesson my foot! Hypocrisy & double standards everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by goodlifehyd(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Jmmmmm
Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Babalegba(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Eruditor:

Emotive trash.
A nairalander on the verge of sapience

4 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by lekkie073(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
undecided 5 years is too small for manslaughter. She should be on life sentence without parole.
she wasn't charge for man slaughter o......na DUI. ...grin
Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Abbeyunique2(m): 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
yinkslinks:
And such women bleeps well when drunk kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin grin
i read comment like this and i cry for Nigeria

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
[s]
Eruditor:

Emotive trash.

You even called the deceased "Innocent". What is to say he wasn't on his way to kill a debtor or that he would not have an accident that would have taken someone else's life say 2 months after that day?

Did Ibinabo set out on that very day to kill him?

So his family lost a breadwinner, a brother, father, one who gave 7 years of his life to becoming a doctor, but her family won't lose anybody when she goes to jail? Her husband won't lose a wife? Her kids won't lose a mum?

I thought you were saying what is sauce for the Goose is sauce for the Gander? Why the glaring hypocrisy?

The only thing that can be determined as justice will be what the law has to say about involuntary manslaughter. If the option of a fine was available and the first court issued that, then there is no need for the emotional hot air you are spewing.

She is guilty of the crime, but should not a reckless victim of judicial eye-service and pandering.
[/s]

MR LAWYER IBINABO undecided WHERE IS YOUR BRAIN

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
Shey you dey ok

And such women bleeps well when drunk :

2 Likes

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by Eruditor: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
irunooboo:
[s][/s]

SOME PEOPLE GET BRAIN BUT CANT USE IT

The only mystery is how one without a brain could tell that others had one. A Quandary I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State by ChappyChase: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
Foolish yeyebrity!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Bank Marketers, Unholy Targets And The Sleaze / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice / Civil Servants Demand N46, 000 Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.