Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Before You Take That Postinor-2: Read This Info - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Before You Take That Postinor-2: Read This Info (3801 Views)

Postinor 10 Tab / Abdominal Pain Since After Taking Postinor 2 / All You Really Need To You Know About Postinor 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Take That Postinor-2: Read This Info by Ekenev2(m): 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Many people know about this drug. It is probably the most common contraceptive in Nigeria. When I was doing my mandatory Industrial Training(I.T) in a Community pharmacy, I noticed this drug was highly marketed. It is one of the fast selling drug. I know a particular lady who comes to buy almost every 2 to 3 days.

1.What is Postinor-2 (Levonorgestrel)
It is a hormonal contraceptive commonly called 'the morning after pill,' It is a second generation progestin used hormonal contraceptives, including combined oral contraceptive pills, progestogen only pills, emergency contraceptive pills, intrauterine systems, contraceptive implants, and hormone replacement therapy.
It is used for emergency contraception after unprotected sex. Postinor-2 can be taken 1.5 mg (as a single dose or as two 0.75 mg doses 12 hours apart) taken within 3 days of unprotected sex, with one study indicating that beginning as late as 120 hours (5 days) after intercourse could be effective.

It can act to prevent fertilization by inhibition of ovulation. The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) however warned it cannot prevent implantation of a fertilized egg.

It was observed that the contraceptive efficacy was reduced in women weighing 75 kg [165 pounds] or more, and levonorgestrel was not effective in women who weighed more than 80 kg [176 pounds].' In November 2013 and January 2014, the FDA and the EMA said they were reviewing whether increased weight and body mass index (BMI) reduce the efficacy of emergency contraceptives.

Other Uses

Intrauterine system
Contraceptive implants
Hormone replacement therapy

Note: If you are pregnant, DO NOT TAKE IT
If you are taking ampicillin, teracycline, rifampicin and prednisone
Potential Dangers and Side Effects
Its quite obvious Postinor 2 is really powerful hence many women who have unprotected sex resort to the drug as " saviour". For evrery pros, there must be cons and this is also the same with the drug. Some of the unwanted side effects and risks are frequently witnessed. They are

Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods
Absence of Menstrual Periods
Bleeding Not Related to Menstrual Period
High Blood Sugar

Other side effects that are irregular. They are
Depression
Discharge of Milk in Men or Women when Not Breastfeeding
Rash

CANCER: This drug is suspected to be cause ovarian cyst

Breast Cancer is also found to increase with increased use of oral contraceptive
Re: Before You Take That Postinor-2: Read This Info by Forevergist: 9:51am On May 02, 2018
Re: Before You Take That Postinor-2: Read This Info by Colemanz(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2018
Re: Before You Take That Postinor-2: Read This Info by Forevergist: 2:05am On Jul 16, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus: Chinese Doctor Reveals Why Africans Will Survive. / Doctors In The House, Pls Help Me Analyze This Sperm Count Result / Help! Pls I Need Effective Treatment Of Eczema(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.