Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE (2503 Views)

How To Check Odometer Fraud And How It Works In A Vechicle / A Nairalander Finished His Speedometer On Nigerian Road / Help: Odometer/speedometer Not Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by omotoda(m): 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder's odometer and speedometer is not working.Every other thing on the instrument cluster works.I also notice the abs light comes on but check engine light is off.What could be responsible for this.My research across the Internet suggest vehicle speed sensor but others say the instrument cluster.Experts in the house please advise
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by mayor2013: 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
omotoda:
My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder's odometer and speedometer is not working.Every other thing on the instrument cluster works.I also notice the abs light comes on but check engine light is off.What could be responsible for this.My research across the Internet suggest vehicle speed sensor but others say the instrument cluster.Experts in the house please advise

Run a scan. A scan would reveal what is going on. If you are in lagos and you need to fix the problem. Visit multi autolab. 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by omotoda(m): 11:03am On Mar 14, 2016
Check engine light is not on
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by omotoda(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
Scanned the car today and the only error is "Vehicle Speed Sensor A". The abs light remains on even after erasing the message.
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by chukel(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
omotoda:
Scanned the car today and the only error is "Vehicle Speed Sensor A". The abs light remains on even after erasing the message.
that's part of the problem. Check all your fuses. Once had that problem. Turned out to be abs fuse under the dash having partial contact.
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by mayor2013: 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
omotoda:

Check all fuse. If it persist go ahead to check vehicle speed sensor
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by omotoda(m): 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
chukel:
that's part of the problem. Check all your fuses. Once had that problem. Turned out to be abs fuse under the dash having partial contact.

abs fuse is intact.checked it this evening
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by Kashif(m): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2016
Some vehicles' speedo is driven by the ABS sensor, but not sure yours is one of them. The first step will be to fix the ABS.

Your auto transmission driving smoothly?
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by omotoda(m): 8:43am On Mar 15, 2016
On
Kashif:
Some vehicles' speedo is driven by the ABS sensor, but not sure yours is one of them. The first step will be to fix the ABS.

Your auto transmission driving smoothly?

Yes,car drives smoothly.
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by omotoda(m): 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
I asked my mechanic to remove the vehicle speed sensor from the transmission and clean it.This resolved the problem.Speedometer works now, 4wd warning light too has disappeared ,only the abs light still comes on.Thanks all for your input

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by omotoda(m): 7:05am On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=omotoda post=43983435]I asked my mechanic to remove the vehicle speed sensor from the transmission and clean it.This resolved the problem.Speedometer works now, 4wd warning light too has disappeared ,only the abs light still comes on.Thanks all for your input[/quot

UPDATE.
A day after the speedometer started working,it stopped again and the 4wd warning light came back on.I then realised the 2 problems are related.I dug into the internet again and realised bad voltage from battery could cause it.Being a new car,I decided to buy a new battery since I would eventually change it sooner or later and alas it began working again.I will keep the house updated.
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by honmusa(m): 7:23am On Mar 27, 2016
It the the your alternator that power your VSS not your battery directly.
Take time to diagnose any part your are changing instead of throwing part at problem.
Re: RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE by chukel(m): 1:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=omotoda post=44145139][/quote]you still have an issue with your car. Your check engine light on the dashboard was blanked out. I guess u either bought the ride as naija used or toks in lagos. Look for electrician to remove the tape they used to blank the light.

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Rx350 Bumper Needs To Be Changed. Need Advice From Gurus * Photos Attached / Lagos New Plate Number Issues Is So Depressing! / Car Logo And Their Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.