Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

See Father And Son In The Same Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Father And Son In The Same Class (1125 Views)

Between A Nigerian Dad And His Son In The University / See Father Teaching Son Rubbish...hilarious!!! / 7-Year-Old Son Demands Iphone From His Father, And His Father Demands This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Father And Son In The Same Class by TheAsegun(m): 2:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
This man and his son are both in JSS1C in the school where I serve as a youth corps member in Minna, Niger State. He comes early to school and will always be attentive. I’ve known him since January but it was today I decided to ask him some questions. He cannot speak English language, so I had to use a girl who understands Hausa, English, and Yoruba languages as my interpreter and she really helped. Read the excerpts of our conversation below…

A: What’s your name Baba?
Y: Yusuf Umar
A: And your son’s name?
Y: Abdulraaj Umar
A: Baba, how old are you?
Y: I won’t mention my age because other students are here, except if you want me to reduce it.
A: (I wouldn’t give up on that easily, so I devised another means…) How old is yaro (your son)?
Y: 13years
A: So how old were you when Raaj was born?
Y: I can’t remember
A: (I paused… gave him an uncompromising look that says “I won’t give up”)
Y: (he held a boy beside him…) I was exactly like this boy when Shehu Shagari became the president

(I turned to the boy, asked him his age, he replied “15years” and Baba nodded in agreement. On getting home, I did the calculations and realized that since Shehu Shagari became the president in 1979, Baba was born in 1964, which means he’s 52 years old!)

A: How many wives do you have?
Y: (gesticulated with his index finger…) One
A: What’s her name and where’s she?
Y: Her name is Hannatu and she’s is Tayi village
A: What’s your occupation?
Y: Farming
A: What kind of agricultural products do you produce?
Y: Guinea corn, millet, tam, and maize.
A: Why did you come back to school?
Y: (smiles…) I want to finish secondary school so that I can give proper accounts on my farm.
A: (smiles back…) What’s your favourite subject?
Y: I love all the subjects, especially Mathematics, Agricultural Science (understandable though), and Social Studies.
A: How do your classmates and seniors treat you?
Y: They respect me.
A: How do teachers treat you?
Y: They also treat me with respect.
A: Has your son ever offended you in school that you had to discipline him the “daddy” way?
Y: (laughs…) No
A: Will you still marry another wife?
Y: My wife is from God. If God gives me another one, I’ll marry, but if God does not, I won’t.

I love this man. He’s respectful and humble. He’d always bow to greet me anytime any day. And he treats his son with much care.

cc: lalasticlala dominique

1 Like

Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
Inspiring story.

Laughter is timeless, Education has no age and dreams are forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by atikubaba(m): 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
Good one,learning is from cradle to grave .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by UrennaNkoli(f): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
Education has no limit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by walemoney007(m): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
TheAsegun:
This man and his son are both in JSS1C in the school where I serve as a youth corps member in Minna, Niger State. He comes early to school and will always be attentive. I’ve known him since January but it was today I decided to ask him some questions. He cannot speak English language, so I had to use a girl who understands Hausa, English, and Yoruba languages as my interpreter and she really helped. Read the excerpts of our conversation below…

A: What’s your name Baba?
Y: Yusuf Umar
A: And your son’s name?
Y: Abdulraaj Umar
A: Baba, how old are you?
Y: I won’t mention my age because other students are here, except if you want me to reduce it.
A: (I wouldn’t give up on that easily, so I devised another means…) How old is yaro (your son)?
Y: 13years
A: So how old were you when Raaj was born?
Y: I can’t remember
A: (I paused… gave him an uncompromising look that says “I won’t give up”)
Y: (he held a boy beside him…) I was exactly like this boy when Shehu Shagari became the president

(I turned to the boy, asked him his age, he replied “15years” and Baba nodded in agreement. On getting home, I did the calculations and realized that since Shehu Shagari became the president in 1979, Baba was born in 1964, which means he’s 52 years old!)

A: How many wives do you have?
Y: (gesticulated with his index finger…) One
A: What’s her name and where’s she?
Y: Her name is Hannatu and she’s is Tayi village
A: What’s your occupation?
Y: Farming
A: What kind of agricultural products do you produce?
Y: Guinea corn, millet, tam, and maize.
A: Why did you come back to school?
Y: (smiles…) I want to finish secondary school so that I can give proper accounts on my farm.
A: (smiles back…) What’s your favourite subject?
Y: I love all the subjects, especially Mathematics, Agricultural Science (understandable though), and Social Studies.
A: How do your classmates and seniors treat you?
Y: They respect me.
A: How do teachers treat you?
Y: They also treat me with respect.
A: Has your son ever offended you in school that you had to discipline him the “daddy” way?
Y: (laughs…) No
A: Will you still marry another wife?
Y: My wife is from God. If God gives me another one, I’ll marry, but if God does not, I won’t.

I love this man. He’s respectful and humble. He’d always bow to greet me anytime any day. And he treats his son with much care.
wow....abok! They go school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
I'm impressed by his humility and determination. I know some of his mates may mock him for doing this but he doesn't care and that's one of d spirits of success; knowing what u want and going for it irrespective of pples opinion.

God bless ur hustle.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by TheAsegun(m): 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
Inspiring story.

Laughter is timeless, Education has no age and dreams are forever.

You're right!

1 Like

Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by TheAsegun(m): 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
atikubaba:
Good one,learning is from cradle to grave .

One dies when he stops learning
Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by TheAsegun(m): 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Education has no limit.
That's true!
Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by TheAsegun(m): 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
Alejhandro:
I'm impressed by his humility and determination. I know some of his mates may mock him for doing this but he doesn't care and that's one of d spirits of success; knowing what u want and going for it irrespective of pples opinion.

God bless ur hustle.

Amen!
Re: See Father And Son In The Same Class by frankosivue(m): 9:02am On Jan 10, 2020
This man should be an inspiration to MANY!

(1) (Reply)

8 Reasons Why International Students Love To Study In The UK / Study In Germany For Free / Uniben 2016/2017 Supplementary Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.