Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? (19663 Views)

Reno Omokri's Reply To Bleached Lady / Simply Gorgeous Wardrobe Collections / Check Out These Simply Unique T-shirt Prints For T-shirt Lovers (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
As a young boy growing up in 1980s Nigeria, I knew Black women as lovely women who exuded charm and breeding in their dressing, their demeanor and in their mannerisms. In fact, the epitome of loveliness was Nigeria’s then First Lady, Maryam Babangida.

Mariam was dark skinned and proud of it. She did not bleach her skin neither did she contour her face with pancake powder to make her appear lighter. She was a lovely Black woman and proud of it. And when you looked at her, you knew that Black was and still is beautiful.

I may be wrong, but I was a very observant boy and I cannot once remember Maryam

Babangida wearing any Western style clothes. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but Maryam was able to look lovely and elegant in African fabrics designed by African tailors.

And it was not just Maryam Babangida, although she set the pace. Even our female pop stars of that era were lovely women who were proud of their Blackness.

I remember Onyeka Onwenu. She was elegance personified. She had an Afro and it was cute. Her contemporary was Christy Essien-Igbokwe and like Onyeka, she was a paragon of Black feminine loveliness.

And it was not just First Ladies of politics and pop music. Even our On Air Personalities and TV anchor women were of the same bent. You had Ruth Benamaisia, Tokunbo Ajayi, Bimbo Roberts and many others.

In fact, the very first major star of Nigeria’s then burgeoning film and theater industry (the precursor of Nollywood) Patti Boulaye, (née Patricia Ngozi Ebigwei) was a clone of Maryam Babangida. Very dark skinned, high and pronounced cheek bones and most important of all, not ashamed of it. Her starring role in Bisi, Daughter of the River, paved the way for dark skinned lovelies here at home and in England where she became a major star.

I cite these examples to show that being a Black woman used to mean that you were a lovely woman.

But something has changed. Today, I cannot flip through the pages of newspapers and magazines or browse social media without seeing bleached Black women in very revealing outfits being celebrated not for any positive thing that they have achieved but rather because they flaunt their cleavage, their buttocks, thighs and other parts of their bodies.

Where we as a society used to promote the ideal woman as being lovely, today, our women want to be seen as being sexy. And being sexy appears to be code for looking light skinned, flaunting barely clothed bodies with heads covered in imported ‘Brazilian’ hair.

Why must a woman be sexy? I would have thought that it would have been better to be lovely than it is to be sexy.

I mean there is a reason the great singer, Stevland Hardaway Morris (better known as Stevie Wonder) composed a hit song titled ‘Isn’t She lovely’.

Loveliness is a better ideal for women to aspire to than sexiness. And you do not have to bleach or contour or hide your Afro under Brazilian hair to be lovely.

Mrs. Aisha Buhari is Black, beautiful and lovely. Ngozi Chimamanda Adichie is Black, beautiful and lovely. Chidinma of the kedike fame is Black, beautiful and lovely. Omotayo Omotosho is Black, beautiful and lovely. Molara Wood is Black, beautiful and lovely. There are many Black, beautiful and lovely women in Nigeria and we should promote that ideal rather than this westernized ideal of the ‘sexy’ woman.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word ‘sexy’ means “sexually attractive” while the word ‘lovely’ means “exquisitely beautiful”. As a woman, ask yourself which of these two ideals you really want for yourself?

I am convinced Satan promotes the word sexy so we can see women as sex objects, but God promotes the word lovely so we can see them as beings to be loved.

Let us go back to The Bible were it all began and see what it tells us.

In Esther 2:17 we read that “Now the king was attracted to Esther more than to any of the other women, and she won his favor and approval more than any of the other”.

Why did Esther obtain this favour? It is a historical fact that King Xerxes had many SEXY women in his harem. Yet despite the multiplicity of sexiness available to him, it was the LOVELY Esther he chose as his queen. Why?

That is the question we are going to examine in the rest of this piece.

Women should think about the type of men they attract if they aspire to look sexy as opposed to if they aspire is to look lovely.

The truth is that women who look lovely attract men looking for love while women who look sexy attract men looking for sex.

That is just the bitter truth. Some may call me misogynistic but I have a wife and a daughter that will testify to how I treat them like queens. Truth is bitter, lies are butter. One will purge you while the other will make you fat!

Even among animals, a lioness is a lovely animal and that is why she stays in a pride with her lion mate. The lion will protect her and together they will raise a family of cubs that stay with them until they start their own pride or are absorbed into another pride.

You see, a lioness has pride because she is lovely.

I want to encourage our women to see themselves as lovely. They do not need to flaunt their most delicate parts because that is what Western women do.

If they must flaunt anything, let our lovely women flaunt their intelligence, their characters and their Blackness.

Let us retain or return to the ideal of Black womanhood, where the Black woman is unashamedly Black, elegant, pure and a pillar of her home and her community.

http://ynaija.com/woman-sexy-lovely-nigeria/

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Sunofgod(m): 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "FTC" [mudafccukas]

Anyway, women have changed because men wanted them changed - afterall who ultimately pays for all that shhhhiitt?

Who cares if their hair is not theirs?
Who cares if their skin tone has lightened since birth?
Who cares if their buttocks has had some work?
Who cares if their titttys have been enlarged?
Who cares if they smell of perfume and not BO?

Answer - Not Me!

REMO - You've become 'Bitter Mehn' - come home, Lai Lai's days are numbered - there's may be a job for you!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
irunoobo, naughty gurl, come and see o...
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Holyfield1(m): 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
No matter how hot,sexy and irresistible a lady may be,i will never build any desire for her until i have an intelligent conversation with her to ascertain her level of mental cohesion- Toks2008 cool

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by bettercreature(m): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
See apostle,simply because of women

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Flexherbal(m): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
I support you, Mr Omokri.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Fiwasayo(f): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
Yeah,he's so right....but,unfortunately,some ladies prefer to be referred to as being sexy and think being termed lovely is childish sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by missyadorable(f): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
K
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by lilmax(m): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
he‘s right

A woman who sees herself as sexy attracts sex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by bedspread: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
Reno;!U MADE SENSE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by ironMind: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
I see you talk the true but i like yellow girls. if they like they blish everywhere i go still knack am
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Adesiji77: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
Good question

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Kondomatic(m): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
Our generation ladies keep telling us to love them for who they're when we can't even figure out who they're.

Today she has her normal nails, tomorrow you will see her with vulturous nails that the colors were inspired by peacock.

Today she has average ass and breast, tomorrow she has killer ass, serious hip and heavy breast.

How can you love someone like that for who she is?

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by eleojo23: 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
Today, I cannot flip through the pages of newspapers and magazines or browse social media without seeing bleached Black women in very revealing outfits being celebrated not for any positive thing that they have achieved but rather because they flaunt their cleavage, their buttocks, thighs and other parts of their bodies.

This shows how much the thinking of this generation has degenerated.

And a lot of young people look up these so called 'sexy' women as role models. It's pathetic.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by OCTAVO: 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Okk

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Dannidom(m): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
Space Bookers Association of Nairaland (Nairaland)

lets recovene there is a crucial matter at hand

Venue: The same of venue of our last outing

time: 12:am midnight

signed: MGT

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
That shows how pervert this indomie generation is. Our ladies nowadays has little or nothing to show when it comes to natural beauty, character, and intelligence. But unfortunately for them, they can show their breasts and vaginal for the world to see. They have not meaningfull achievement other that drug and actress (prostitution) title.
Shame on them. I spit on their faces. #ShamelessNigerianGirls!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Mr Man, thats your own spec. For me i love them SEXYYYY AND HOTTTT. Heheheheh

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Kay17: 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Are women with scars, beautiful?

Society praises women who bend to its wishes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by richard870(m): 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Holyfield1:
No matter how hot,sexy and irresistible a lady may be,i will never build any desire for her until i have an intelligent conversation with her to ascertain her level of mental cohesion- Toks2008 cool
"mental cohesion" wots dat poo undecided

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
Chocolate skin even looks sexier. Just saying.

Let me watch some people blame only the women.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Holyfield1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
richard870:
"mental cohesion" wots dat poo undecided
Her mental ability, Intelligence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by leofab(f): 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
go and tell Tonto Dike okay?
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by tpiah11: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Is he a preacher?

I dont get why he quoted the bible to buttress his point.

Is he planning for a presidential run at some time in the future. . . . . . .?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by petkoffDrake(m): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Was he d one that sang "time na money"?

Just asking undecided
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by SmooshCHN: 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Some people will definitely not like this. But the truth is the truth. I died with laughter when a girl told me the Kardashains were are role models.
eleojo23:

This shows how much the thinking of this generation has degenerated.
And a lot of young people look up these so called 'sexy' women as role models. It's pathetic.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by fulfillbill(m): 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
We don talk taya...

May be they will hear now...

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by richard870(m): 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
Holyfield1:
Her mental ability, Intelligence
issokay cry
Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by bolivnnaija: 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
As much as I will not want to comment on this issue, am afraid he is right. We as a people have got to carry ourselves with pride.
We can not continue to be mocked by the western world. We can not afford to do away with our value system and adopt theirs. Is detrimental and counter productive.
We must return to the days of old, if we must again savage our image.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
that is why I dislike yemi alade cos every news of her is all about her flaunting her thighs and cleavages.

shameless girl.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? by iykedare(m): 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fucking correct.

Go to Instagram and see naija babes posting pics of their bodies as if that is the only thing they can offer. Our daughters are watching these generation of women and are learning.

Parents need to spend more time on their daughters. While the boys are thinking of being successful, conquering the world, the girls are thinking of twerking, posting pics of their almost nude bodies.

Why then do they feel bad being treated like just sex objects?

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ / Diamond-studded Handbag Costs $180,000, Has 1,000-year Guarantee :o / Is The Importation Of Clothes To Nigeria Illegal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.