Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) (34130 Views)

Buhari’s Foreign Trips: My Takeaway -- Fashola. / Top Benefits Of Buhari's Foreign Trips Thus Far / Lai Mohammed: Buhari’s Foreign Trips Have Started Yielding Fruits (2) (3) (4)

Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by internetpirate: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2016
hungryboy:
If una like make una rant against am, or make some of una support am, at the end of the day, your comment here, will not change anything,

Isn't that the tragedy with Nigeria?? Comments on whatever forum or media should mean something to a responsive government!!

Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by Ayinlaokin(m): 10:27am On Mar 13, 2016
In my opinion,i think he was unable to travel during his military era as head of state. So, he needs to recover those lost travel days. The best name for him is "The GREAT AJALA OF AFRICA"
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by NaLaugh: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2016
dbestuncle:

it seems I knw u, however that's not the point right nw. The point is that we can not knw unless we are told and we begin to c result. i once supported Ameechi has the spoke person for the Governors when he was Chaitman of the Governors Forum n they insisted that the excess crude money be shared while the Federal Government wanted u o save it up. we called the then finance minister iweala names because she didn't want us to panick yet wanted to tell us q looming problem exist ahead if we care to listen. We were shocked to read that she said we are broke as a nation. But today I appreciate this woman n the man then Government. I regret my support for Ameechi today.
1. Only the result of the trip we quieten Nigerians.
2. PMB is trying to grow Nigeria from the outside by all systems grow from the inside.
3. PMB is using a method or approach the majority considered not the right tool for our growth.
4. No Country that we knw in History grew from such journeys n travel they sat at home even more.
5. The funds spent to host n finance such trip we heard is much. They should disclose it if they can
6. if it were GEJ u will complain.
7. PMB isn't the man he was advertised to be, imagine PMB going to London for medical check up. A correct presi no go do that na. check up no longer possible in Nigeria.
8. U think 6 month is not big enough to c change, go back n watch the videos of ur he campigns. what did they promise Nija. they didn't mention journeys o
Haba bros make u allow people complain abeg. beko we must complain.
edn't knw the

Most of your points are valid, some, I'm not so sure.

Whether GEJ, Buhari or anyone, my approaches are the same, because I only apply common sense standards, and not political affiliation.

Honestly, I have little interest in Nigerian partisan-driven debates. They're typically futile.
Facts and neutral common sense views are all I can appreciate.

Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by NaLaugh: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2016
EHoudini:
so far dude. Return On Investment is far below zero

Alright.
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by NaLaugh: 10:31am On Mar 13, 2016
Fit2Rule:

Taaaaaaah! If I hear... Which Kain stress be that one. For that kain jet whe him dey take gallivant eh.. I go travel everyday I no go even land sef. Abi you think say na Enugu-Onisha road him dey follow?
Make una dey pray make him no come get escape velocity one day ooo.. Else na Saturn him go land oo.
Bubu, GCFR, GGF

haha cheesy

You're only looking at it from your point of view, and in a "vacation" mindset.

If you're some rich dude flying around the world in a private jet, and partying it up, that's different.

However, when your activities are primarily work related, involving overwhelming logistics, you certainly won't look forward to it.

Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by MrSly(m): 10:34am On Mar 13, 2016
NaLaugh:
That's a lot of movement.

Then again, remember he is a new President trying to form diplomatic ties for his administration.

Traveling is a lot of stress, so rest assured the old man isn't traveling for leisure.
The question people should be asking is what the potential outcomes/fruits of each visit are, and not just criticisms of the visit in itself.

e.g What deals are being negotiated, what new treaties are being formed or being worked toward etc.
#TRASH#
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by fortune1968: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2016
NaLaugh:

Then again, remember he is a new President trying to form diplomatic ties for his administration.

Traveling is a lot of stress, so rest assured the old man isn't traveling for leisure.
The question people should be asking is what the potential outcomes/fruits of each visit are, and not just criticisms of the visit in itself.

e.g What deals are being negotiated, what new treaties are being formed or being worked toward etc.
you are stressing urself taking to irresponsible, mischievious, corrupt and fradulent critics of a GOD SENT PRESIDENT. Just ignore them .Their hatred of a beloved will eventually lead to their suicide .The clueless ineffectual buffon who would have sank the country had he gotten another chance is their hero.That speaks volume the stuff they are made of .MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS OUR INCORRUPTIBLE PRESIDENT-BUHARI .Sai baba!
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by MrSly(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2016
Sweetlemon:
I remember when OBJ did this during his own time. Most people including I accused him of chasing after rabbits while his own house was on fire.
But what was the outcome? Total debt relief!

Why don't we just wait to see the outcome of Bubu's travels? How one would think that Buhari goes to all these places for sight-seeing is beyond me. We have already started seeing the effects on the oil price.

Nigerians though!
why insulting obj by compairing him with PMB. The duo are no match in all ramification. OBJ is quite higher
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by notoriousbabe: 10:40am On Mar 13, 2016
wetin una don see?una never see anything. Baba must travel round the whole world including una home town
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by BIBILARY(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2016
cremedelacreme:
Within a space of 9 months, Buhari has visited over 20 countries. Going by this rate, by his second year in office he must have visited the whole countries on earth, then he will use the remaining 2 years to visit other planets in the solar system. grin

you nailed it

Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2016
franconian:
What do you expect from a herdsman that's ready to walk all the way from Kastina to Delta? Such a man will go round Africa if you give him a bicycle. Now that he has the presidential fleet at his disposal, the whole wide world seems just like a street in Duara in his eyes.

they are suppose to make him their brand ambassador.
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by blank(f): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2016
Sweetlemon:
I remember when OBJ did this during his own time. Most people including I accused him of chasing after rabbits while his own house was on fire.
But what was the outcome? Total debt relief!

Why don't we just wait to see the outcome of Bubu's travels? How one would think that Buhari goes to all these places for sight-seeing is beyond me. We have already started seeing the effects on the oil price.

Nigerians though!

Total debt relief? Softly Softly my sister. Say only what you are sure of and not hearsay.
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by Louiscutedude(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2016
e next trip na to visit sambisa forest oo
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2016
Baba no mind dem jare sebi u cease d opportunity to travel below naija will collect dere votes back....$1 =#500 coming soon so naija grab ur talent n boost it
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by AmmarOscar(m): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
The map need to be updated today, because the guy is set for Equatorial Guinea for another round of junketing.
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by blackpanda: 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
NaLaugh:

Then, if they determine that a specific trip has no defined useful goal, then of course, criticism is in order.

Dont mind the brainless useless twats! They dont care about the reason, they just love to pull govt down no matter how flimsy and ridiculous the reason!

Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by ayo4lahanyahoo: 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Our president is more airborne than aso villa Bourne. He's running his government from the air no doubt abt that. angry grin lmao
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by DrTims(m): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Well done baba Buhari. Keep it up. It's your time.
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by unclejb2(m): 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
NaLaugh:

Then, if they determine that a specific trip has no defined useful goal, then of course, criticism is in order.
the only achievement of this perambulation is signing Nigeria a circular state into becoming a member of Coalition of Islamic States. The dullardine is about not only crashing this country's economy, but also about helping us achieve Biafra
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by uzo4real(m): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
He should have made himself minister of Tourism.
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by Deejaygold(m): 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
Wakawaka Buhari grin
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by shockwave(m): 2:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
SirJeffry:
Buhari is just like a Belgium rat, traveling around "purposelessly".
Take it back pls Wailer!
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by Ziggyduben(m): 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
Plus Equatorial Guinea @ d end of today
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by olayinkaj2(m): 7:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
The trip is going to bring a positive result.
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by choppu: 7:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
Topestbilly:
Baba traveller ..

Jonathan
and his whole cabinet for 4years + the extra 2years, were not able to travel as the present president has in less than a year.

Dis government achievement is wow.

Dis government is useless like "AY" in "Ok"

plz be sure b4 ur Comment, ur comment above is riddled with lie
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by Topestbilly(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
choppu:

plz be sure b4 ur Comment, ur comment above is riddled with lie

I know sir but u can't blame me cos lying is the only thing dis administration is teaching Nigerians
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by stevedre: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
Feels good to communicate with a literate and educated person finally. Well, in as much as i would love to stand on my ground i aint got no choice but to agree but to an extent, i refuse to be defeated ( Joking ). Truth be told, the economy is dwindling and whats your take on the E. Guinea trip ? We have not settled our security challenges and he should at least hold our heads high with the respect we still command n Africa. There are others who can make some of the trips and get the same result and who knows, they may get better results since they will not be bothered with Mr. Presidents body odour.

NaLaugh:

You seem to forget that Nigeria isn't a major country in the context of the world, outside Africa.
The raw fact is a Nigerian VP or minister would have much less sway than a President in pushing certain goals.
Also, remember he travels with an entourage which often includes those ministers etc.

e.g Major trade agreements with certain countries are more likely to be signed if the President is involved.
As you said, Nigeria needs to go back to exporting those items. However, except it is left entirely to the private sector, someone has to do the dirty work in getting agreements in place.

I don't know exactly what he has done during his visits, and I'm not sticking up for him. I'm just saying rather than criticize the physical act of traveling, perhaps we should be more focused on the specifics of each of those trips.

If the specifics prove it is a fruitless move, then criticism of the specific move would be valid at that point.

Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by DauraDullard0(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
unclejb2:
the only achievement of this perambulation is signing Nigeria a circular state into becoming a member of Coalition of Islamic States. The dullardine is about not only crashing this country's economy, but also about helping us achieve Biafra
IPOB miscreants continue the flagrant abuse of Nairaland rules. Moderators should ban this poster.
Re: President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) by inderau: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2016
Some maybe more important than others

Masked Gunmen Endorse Emefiele As President In 2023 / Atiku Arrived Kebbi To Flag Off PDP Presidential Campaign - Photos / Bukola Saraki Loses Third LG As APC Leads With Over 30,000