Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Gunmen Attack Police Station, Bank In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Police Station, Bank In Bayelsa (474 Views)

Gunmen Attack EFCC Headquarters In Abuja (photos) / Photos Of A Local Police Station In Kaduna That Have Gone Viral / Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attack Police Station, Bank In Bayelsa by sayyid(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2016
A gang of unknown gunmen on Saturday launched a daring attack on a police division in Ammassoma, in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.
The suspected armed militants, who came in three speedboats, also attempted a raid on the branch of the United Bank for Africa in the area, destroying some of the bank’s Automated Teller Machines in the process.
A statement from the Police Public Relations Officer, Bayelsa State Police Command, Yenagoa, DSP Asinim Butswat, which was made available to our correspondent, confirmed the attack.
The statement read, “On March 12, 2016, at about 0035hrs, unknown gunmen in three speedboats invaded Amassoma Police Division.
“Shortly afterwards, the hoodlums attacked the UBA Bank, Amassoma, damage the ATM machines and attempted to enter the bank, but were repelled by a reinforced unit of Policemen.
“No life was lost and money was not stolen. Efforts have been intensified to arrest the fleeing suspects. Investigation is ongoing.”

www.punchng.com/gunmen-attack-police-station-bank-in-bayelsa/
Re: Gunmen Attack Police Station, Bank In Bayelsa by bigpin(m): 10:03am On Mar 13, 2016
Boyz re nt smiling. Pmb......
Re: Gunmen Attack Police Station, Bank In Bayelsa by Pennsylvania: 10:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Too much thuggery in Rivers and Bayelsa these days, will we attribute it to hardship or what?
Re: Gunmen Attack Police Station, Bank In Bayelsa by Tinubutoto: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2016
I hate ds kind of news. I am a Jonathanian and I make bold to say ds boys have no justification to be destroying properties. They were given amnesty by Yara'Dua but they did nothing out of it. They never knew power is transient, were squandering money and just 9 months he left they have started showing their stupidity. In as much as I dislike Buhari, I called on him to go after ds miscreants but d right of d innocent citizens be respected in the course of fishing them out.

(1) (Reply)

Beat Amaechi Up If You See Him At Your Polling Centres - Wike Tells Voters Ahead / Check Out The Caption Of This Pics / Rivers Re-run Elections Were Suspended- INEC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.