Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,633 members, 7,955,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth (11011 Views)

World Bank Reports Expansion In Nigerian Manufacturing Sector / Banking Sector Records Transactions Worth N32.48 Trillion In Q1, 2018 – NBS / Banking Sector Records Transactions Worth N29.44 Trillion In Q4 2017 – Nbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by emerged01(m): 1:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
What Nigerians failed to realise is that when a child is born,one will be eager to see him/her walking some weeks after,but as time passes it will be done on the parent that it actually involve a process. Definitely,the economy will grow and it involves a process. No such thing like "sudden growth"

3 Likes

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Bolade005: 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
ba7man:
Ohhh shush it and take your wailing to your parents or your grave. angry angry angry
I don't appreciate being quoted by kids who cannot even afford ordinary boxers with their hard earned money but relies heavily on their parents. Quote me when you grow up and know what hustle really is, until then go sit on your mama's lap.

5 Likes

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by kachnov(m): 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
Another propaganda to quell the tensed atmosphere.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Lawalemi(m): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
The first good news in almost a year
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by 400billionman: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
Seems like Buhari is Angry now!!

After the 3 days blackout, had almost 10hrs supply of light yesterday!! Lol

7 days blackout here

Fuel N150..

1 Like

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Saladin25(m): 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
I expected growth in this industry. We are getting there. We might suffer for the main time but ease will come. I believe in this govt no matter what the wailer says.

1 Like

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
400billionman:

7 days blackout here

Fuel N150..

But I want to know, is it Buhari's fault?

Because my side has light, pple in Osun always have light. Some part of Enugu is 24/7, and so many other places. While some places, no light @ all.

So my question now is whose fault??

2 Likes

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by modath(f): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
anonimi:
Good news but is it sustainable in the current situation?

Anon, can't you just rejoice, pray for sustainability & keep it moving!!

No matter how much you hate Buhari/Tinubu & APC, never ever hate your country, it is a self defeatist approach..

Blacks hate Whites, Democrats & Republic don't wish each other well but they'll never pray for America to run down.

The first 2yrs of Obama's presidency that the US govt had to do massive economic bailout to avoid economic meltdown, Americans were seeing light despite the gloom & weren't wishing a manner of evil on their country, not una, na make e destroy (which na even collective headache) to justify making political errors una dey!!! sad

Get one thing right, no matter how much foto or oyinbo we put online, the elites will always find a meeting point!!!

4 Likes

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by aprokomania(m): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
nice check this post out 5 ways to make extra income aside your day job www.nairaland.com/2983886/five-businesses-run-job
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by ybalogs(m): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lots of things we don't understand underneath. All I care about is for our economy to pick up, better Road networks, employment opportunities, etc. Let's keep praying for our dear country so we'd attain that soonest.
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Nigeriasam: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bolade005:
Please do not try to play on our intelligence by fabricating figures just so you can convince us the economy is working when we know the truth.

Obviously, we've been scammed by APC and Buhari. I always see through people's lies but I failed on this.

The hardship is unbearable. Give him time they say, it's about a year now and yet no policy direction. It's not even a matter of how "let's give this policy time, in so so months everything will balance". Even Lai Muh'd doesn't believe in Buhari no more. He can try to deny it as much as he want but we already got the point, the subtle message he was trying to pass across, "Y'all have been scammed".

No Light, we can't even get fuel to power our Generator. I used to on my gen from 7pm to 12am. Now I can only afford to on it for just 2hrs between 8 and 10pm.

What exactly is our sin? Why do we always get it wrong with our leaders?
u never voted 4 buhari and APC. Another hateful + bitter IPOB. Nigeria shall b great by the grace of God and shame shall b upon IPOB + Jonathanians.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by anonimi: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
modath:
Anon, can't you just rejoice, pray for sustainability & keep it moving!!

I said it is good news. That one no do you, abi?
I will rather WORK and pray for sustainability instead of simply praying only.
That is where constantly examining the acts of omission and commission by the federal administration comes in.
BTW, is two years the new target?
First na 100 days honeymoon Jagbajantis of Bourdillon say make we give. The non-performer in Aso villa couldn't do nada!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829595_img16797799937954_jpeg_jpegf12ec4c2cf413bca7562fe43c2669fe4
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by ashjay001(m): 1:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bolade005:
Please do not try to play on our intelligence by fabricating figures just so you can convince us the economy is working when we know the truth.

Obviously, we've been scammed by APC and Buhari. I always see through people's lies but I failed on this.

The hardship is unbearable. Give him time they say, it's about a year now and yet no policy direction. It's not even a matter of how "let's give this policy time, in so so months everything will balance". Even Lai Muh'd doesn't believe in Buhari no more. He can try to deny it as much as he want but we already got the point, the subtle message he was trying to pass across, "Y'all have been scammed".

No Light, we can't even get fuel to power our Generator. I used to on my gen from 7pm to 12am. Now I can only afford to on it for just 2hrs between 8 and 10pm.

I can relate to ur pain, bro. But, I can tell u, I'm enjoying d pain, as it is harbinger of good tidings. These are all d storm before d calm.

Our country has been run badly since time immemorial. Its not going to reset within a year!

Imagine if all d monies budgeted for hospitals(health), schools(education), roads(works) etc actually got spent on them instead of private pockets? It can't happen until people like Saraki accept that corruption shouldn't/cant be celebrated.

They will get it right. I saw it long before, but Kachikwu mentioned liaising with d cbn to give major fuel marketers direct access to forex.

A poster above just stated: manufacturing concerns are being forced to look inwards for raw materials with d attendant multiplier effect on local producers and d economy.( A tomato paste concern is just being established in Naija, pencil manufacturing, former major importers are being forced to invest in export commodities). I just read of SON taking pple to court.

It will take time and untold pain, but I promise u, there is light at d end of d tunnel. I can go on n on abt d little minute changes I'm noticing, but chill, it will soon be visible to d naked eye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Bolade005: 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nigeriasam:
u never voted 4 buhari and APC. Another hateful + bitter IPOB. Nigeria shall b great by the grace of God and shame shall b upon IPOB + Jonathanians.
Sam, calm down.

We both want the same thing for Nigeria. I am only lamenting because I want the right thing to be done. I don't support mediocrity, when this government does something worthy of praise I will praise them but me praising them when they are failing, Mba, that I won't do.

Pele, it will get better shogbo.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by ashjay001(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
onyemachius:
Ohk Noted..buh seriously I wish i can sell my prepaid meter and get hand fan, cant even remmb were I kept the card.. Just my 2cent

At least u don't get to still pay for electricity even when u used d hand fan.

No light, no pay.
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Bolade005: 1:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
ashjay001:

I can relate to ur pain, bro. But, I can tell u, I'm enjoying d pain, as it is harbinger of good tidings. These are all d storm before d calm.

Our country has been run badly since time immemorial. Its not going to reset within a year!

Imagine if all d monies budgeted for hospitals(health), schools(education), roads(works) etc actually got spent on them instead of private pockets? It can't happen until people like Saraki accept that corruption shouldn't/cant be celebrated.

They will get it right. I saw it long before, but Kachikwu mentioned liaising with d cbn to give major fuel marketers direct access to forex.

A poster above just stated: manufacturing concerns are being forced to look inwards for raw materials with d attendant multiplier effect on local producers and d economy.( A tomato paste concern is just being established in Naija, pencil manufacturing, former major importers are being forced to invest in export commodities). I just read of SON taking pple to court.

It will take time and untold pain, but I promise u, there is light at d end of d tunnel. I can go on n on abt d little minute changes I'm noticing, but chill, it will soon be visible to d naked eye.

The country is still being run badly. Just look at the budget. Is that a budget of change. Look at the issue with MTN. FG accepted #300B without NCC's knowledge. I can go on and on too.

We will give him more time and I hope he succeeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Phame: 1:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
anonimi:
Good news but is it sustainable in the current situation?
it's surprising you didn't blame buhari and give gej the glory today.

1 Like

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by ba7man(m): 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bolade005:

I don't appreciate being quoted by kids who cannot even afford ordinary boxers with their hard earned money but relies heavily on their parents. Quote me when you grow up and know what hustle really is, until then go sit on your mama's lap.

your delusions don't affect me......... because you carry them around with you in your head. undecided

Ara e lo wa.
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by mycar: 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
I am surprised why people are in oblivion of the fact that everything in the market has gone up including Pure water and garri. Now tell me, why won't their profit go up while the fixed income earners are the ones suffering it and surprisingly, those manufacturing sectors are also complaining of shortage in revenue, hence downsizing.

Tell me those manufacturing sector that are making it and I will tell you the ones that are obtaining their exchange rate at the approved govt rate and still selling their goods as if they bought dollars from black market.

This administration is not it all. Haters of the masses I must say.
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
ekenetheorg:
How can we confirm this
Because the National Bureau of Statistics is the Authority. You can confirm from its website
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by ashjay001(m): 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bolade005:

The country is still being run badly. Just look at the budget. Is that a budget of change. Look at the issue with MTN. FG accepted #300B without NCC's knowledge. I can go on and on too.

We will give him more time and I hope he succeeds.

The FG is taking a lot mis-steps, but they are making efforts to correct them. The corrupt are finding ingenious ways to disrupt service. Kachikwu broke d marketers' stranglehold by reducing their import allotments, now its forex n vandalism.

Whatever d budget, its d implementation I'm interested in. Let d amount for roads actually go for roads, not private pockets, then we will see change.

That NCC vs FG vs MTN will soon open up, I'm patiently awaiting details b4 taking sides, though mtn don loose already for my side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by modath(f): 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
anonimi:

I said it is good news. That one no do you, abi?
I will rather WORK and pray for sustainability instead of simply praying only.

I see you hard at work... unfortunately,& the 2yrs is a point of reference, don't twist my words... I however know for a certainty that as soon soon the correct budget is passed, oil price meets the benchmark & the people saddled with the responsibility of directing the govt's mission do the needful........

By the 3rd-4th quarter of this year, things should pick up... you don't have to believe this, just BOOKMARK , dazall..
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Bibors(m): 2:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
Did I see car manufacturing and oil refining? Is that the manufacturing that is growing? Is it APC that has done this or ate they just trying to get credit for it?
What factories are there in Nigeria that is growing with the high cost of energy?
Please Dont decieve Nigerians.
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Jethrolite(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
isralkhaleed:
I've always bn expecting this after all some foreign goods have bn affected by the exchange rate of Naira to dollar...we are getting there
Getting to where exactly?
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by 400billionman: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

But I want to know, is it Buhari's fault?

Because my side has light, pple in Osun always have light. Some part of Enugu is 24/7, and so many other places. While some places, no light @ all.

So my question now is whose fault??

Fuel is N150. It cant be Buhari's fault.

Blame Jonathan and Allison Madueke.
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
400billionman:

Fuel is N150. It cant be Buhari's fault.

Blame Jonathan and Allison Madueke.

Fuel is 100 naira here oo. Leave SS and SE and come to SW and North, you no gree!!

Good for you!

We will vote Buhari again!!
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
My friends pls be very scaredof the figures dished out in Nigeria. If 20people die in an accident, news report will say 5died and 5 injured.....Of recent Banks were given a Threshold of 5% of Non-performing loans, with top banks nearing 4.8%. Of recent a member of the monetary policy committee , Mr doyin salami has accused banks of COOKING up figures! Most of our banks have broken the limit set byCBN both in NPL and Liquidity ratio, yet they cook up figures so as not to Invoke fear into the heart of their customers.... Be very careful my people. Reports will say the economy is healthy but on reality the opposite is visible. Nigeria was once reported the Fastest growing economy in Africa yet Unemployment grew in percent. What then is the growth Fear Nigeria & their statistics dished out. This might be a cooked up data to encourage the already scared foreign Investors to come back. How can the manufacturing sector be growing yet the stock prices in the manufacturing department has been going down since 2015. I say fear 9ja!
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by anonimi: 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
modath:
I see you hard at work... unfortunately,& the 2yrs is a point of reference, don't twist my words... I however know for a certainty that as soon soon the correct budget is passed, oil price meets the benchmark & the people saddled with the responsibility of directing the govt's mission do the needful........

By the 3rd-4th quarter of this year, things should pick up... you don't have to believe this, just BOOKMARK , dazall..

You mean the PADDED budget that includes N795 million to just upgrade a website for Fayemi or another budget dey ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3295492_budgetitem01_jpeg1498d1e2da06ded1e5d4fddf01786905

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3295717_budgetitem02_jpegdb6e442d298434dc2c96280a8d30cd31

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
ekenetheorg:
How can we confirm this
even MAN ve confirmed it!
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Abee79(m): 2:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
God loves Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Bolade005:

I do not take d lamentations of ipobian wailers seriously!Howevr, I smell u re one of d ipobians, but if u re not then it will be worthy of note to point out that it is only a foool who believes that after decades of misrule Buhari can jus ccome with a masterstroke and turn tins around! Forget about the tins that were told during d campaign! I never believed all those campaign promises and that is why am not surprise at d hardship we going tru! Buhari rode to power on 3 main campaign promise whicch re; 1. Crushing BH 2. Fighting corruption and 3. Reviving d economy! So far I think he is doing fine on d 1st and 2nd while d 3rd will require time! It took Japan 30yrs to become the force that they re today! So also many other great nations! Only lessthan 1yr in offc and u expect to see new roads and 10000 mega watss of electricity! What we need to pamanently revive d economy is diversification! Diversification will 1st bring pain and hardship until after some years! Unless u don't want real diversification frm oil! Am not a gullible fan of Buhari and d reason am not crying is bcoss I knw what it ll take for this country to big again!
Re: Despite Concerns Over Credit, Manufacturing Sector Records 6.93% Growth by Remii(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
There three kinds of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Successful Story Of The Owner Of Tecno / 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business / After Raising Hopes, Naira Depreciates Against The Dollar By 5.8% In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.