Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business (10876 Views)

Is This My Friend's Business Growing Really Slow? / Can You Tell Your Friend What You Do Online That Gives You Money / 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Beabeth(f): 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2017
Starting a business takes a lot of courage and the best we can do is support our friends and family that has taken the bold step to be an entrepreneur. While we might not be able to support them with the start-up capital or expertise required to run the business; you can still support them in the following ways.

1. Buy Something

Become their customer or client! Does your friend sell or offer services, patronage them. If she runs an interior design company, see it as an opportunity to re-decorate your house or office. Does she make cakes and pastries, order one for your kids next birthday. Did she open her own spa or salon, go get a massage, a hair do (Yes please!) Whatever your friend is up to, become a customer or client and refer others to do the same.
I am not suggesting you visit your friends business every day or buy every product they offer. Sometimes it may not be appropriate to use the services they provide, you may not be their ideal client or you may not be in need of what your friend’s business is offering. That’s ok! You may be able to refer other people to their business or when the time comes and you do need what they offer, you’ll know exactly where to go.

2. Promote Them

The social media era is amazing. You can support them via social media by liking, sharing, commenting and posting about their goods, services, websites, and blog posts. Every business uses social media to build their platform and gain trust with potential clients. You can help speed up this process simply by interacting with your friend’s business wherever they are.
It is funny how some friends will actually expect you to beg them before they can share your business on their platform. This is so wrong, as a friend you should instead offer your support without begging, convincing or coercion.

3. Volunteer to help

It’s not easy starting or running your own business, even a side business takes up a ton of time and energy. Trust me. If you really want to support your friend in her new venture try asking her how you can help. Sometimes offer your help without asking them. These will go a long way.

4. Send them Encouragement

Encouragements are the most important part of running a business without them, it is so easy to give up. Be their biggest cheer-leader: encourage them with compliments, kind words and motivations. Let them see you as someone they can talk to if things get tough.
It is not easy trying to pay salaries when you are running at a loss, it is easy to go into depression when the business is not growing after so many hard work and sleepless nights. But the right words of encouragement will let them know they are not alone in the struggle.

http://www.xobeabeth.com/2017/11/4-ways-you-can-support-your-friends.html

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by darkenkach(m): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
Nigerians will never help you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 29, 2017
I buy from my friends in business and promote them to the best of my ability, I keep it real cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by mattyobrian(m): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2017
then they'll drop you like hot dodo when they're at d top. B wise when helping some so called friends who'll just use you for their selfish interest

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by kay29000(m): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2017
Nice.
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Samusu(m): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2017
OK, noted
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by BruncleZuma: 7:11am On Nov 29, 2017
Golden Rule

Stop collecting stuff on credit and turning deaf and dumb when a marketing opportunity presents itself.

11 Likes

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2017
In nigeria avoid friends o. Dem no go pay
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Ugoeze2016: 7:13am On Nov 29, 2017
Valid points. Where are my naija friends at? You ve heard it, support us, buy , sell, promote us.
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Springdale: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2017
The friend that wants to surpass you in everything? Will then promote you? Haha
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2017
space for sale...........
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by nony43(m): 7:15am On Nov 29, 2017
I get things cheaper from other people than my friends. I don't always patronize my friends
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Chukazu: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2017
sad

Make we repent!

If we can share their strides the way we share TONTO DIKE on this forum...greater heights !

4 Likes

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by KayDEAN(m): 7:16am On Nov 29, 2017
cry cry cry the best thing is self promotion, once you have a post on Facebook with 1k likes the people would start to think that u have something to give and like that, your brand grows, dm me for the cheapest way to get free 1k and above likes on Facebook
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by bodekom92(m): 7:16am On Nov 29, 2017
do not ask for ridiculous discounts...

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by overhypedsteve(m): 7:18am On Nov 29, 2017
RunMyResearch.com provides research writing services to Graduates and Post Graduates of Nigerian Tertiary Institutions and even boast of having served some foreign customers.

Why use RunMyResearch.com?
1. We write a full, complete project research work for you from your own choose topic or we can get a new and unique topic for you.
2. @ Runmyresearch.com[b] we hate plagiarism [/b]and our researchers are strictly warned against generating plagiarized research for our clients. We test all our written work with the latest plagiarism test innovations in the industry.
3. We do not just write your project work for you but we also offer a free review and revision to suit the need of our customer even after we are done with your job.
4. Our price is by far the cheapest in the industry.
5. When you write your project research with https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ you can be sure of the best and this is because most of our researchers are lecturers and authorities in their respective fields.
6. https://runmyresearch.com have a Live chat feature where you can communicate live with the researcher assigned to your work and keep track of the progress of your work.
7. We deliver within schedule. Our researchers work very hard to make sure that we deliver even before the deadline agreed upon.

So what are you waiting for? Join us at https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get the very best from your project research writing for post graduate and undergraduates.
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by darkenkach(m): 7:18am On Nov 29, 2017
Another golden rule: Don't give out discount. Give value instead. Discounts don't get you new customers, and it won't retain the old ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by basmur(m): 7:19am On Nov 29, 2017
Valid point @ op
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by emeka2847: 7:19am On Nov 29, 2017
What about paying immediately?
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Offpoint: 7:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Nairalander you can support my ministry by contacting me for the following services: website/blog development,
Graphics work,
Any Computer related issues,
you can learn the following:
AutoCAD
MAYA
Programming
Video Editing e.t.c
Bonus....

Learn photoshop and CorelDRaw for just 5k holla if you're interested (5k only applicable to those living within Akure)
Thank you.. help move my ministry forward

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by dust144(m): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Time to time I go there and buy 1bo from him, that's also support

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by babayinka77(m): 7:25am On Nov 29, 2017
Beabeth:
Starting a business takes a lot of courage and the best we can do is support our friends and family that has taken the bold step to be an entrepreneur. While we might not be able to support them with the start-up capital or expertise required to run the business; you can still support them in the following ways.

1. Buy Something

Become their customer or client! Does your friend sell or offer services, patronage them. If she runs an interior design company, see it as an opportunity to re-decorate your house or office. Does she make cakes and pastries, order one for your kids next birthday. Did she open her own spa or salon, go get a massage, a hair do (Yes please!) Whatever your friend is up to, become a customer or client and refer others to do the same.
I am not suggesting you visit your friends business every day or buy every product they offer. Sometimes it may not be appropriate to use the services they provide, you may not be their ideal client or you may not be in need of what your friend’s business is offering. That’s ok! You may be able to refer other people to their business or when the time comes and you do need what they offer, you’ll know exactly where to go.

2. Promote Them

The social media era is amazing. You can support them via social media by liking, sharing, commenting and posting about their goods, services, websites, and blog posts. Every business uses social media to build their platform and gain trust with potential clients. You can help speed up this process simply by interacting with your friend’s business wherever they are.
It is funny how some friends will actually expect you to beg them before they can share your business on their platform. This is so wrong, as a friend you should instead offer your support without begging, convincing or coercion.

3. Volunteer to help

It’s not easy starting or running your own business, even a side business takes up a ton of time and energy. Trust me. If you really want to support your friend in her new venture try asking her how you can help. Sometimes offer your help without asking them. These will go a long way.

4. Send them Encouragement

Encouragements are the most important part of running a business without them, it is so easy to give up. Be their biggest cheer-leader: encourage them with compliments, kind words and motivations. Let them see you as someone they can talk to if things get tough.
It is not easy trying to pay salaries when you are running at a loss, it is easy to go into depression when the business is not growing after so many hard work and sleepless nights. But the right words of encouragement will let them know they are not alone in the struggle.

http://www.xobeabeth.com/2017/11/4-ways-you-can-support-your-friends.html
PAY FOR GOODS BOUGHT AND SERVICES RENDERED.
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Kobicove(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2017
Number 1- Always make sure you pay for good and services received!
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by IMASTEX: 7:26am On Nov 29, 2017
Conversation of a businessman & his friend in Nigeria

TONY: Boss IMASTEX you dey house?!
IMASTEX: Tonero!!! Yes I dey
TONY: Okay boss. Tell madam to prepare snail for me oh. I dey come.
IMASTEX: Lol. Tonero, anytime you visit my snails dey get heart attack. No wahala Sir.

COUSIN: Oga e don tail oh. Person nor dey gree see your brake light oh. Take am easy oh. Dey rest.
IMASTEX: Ah! Big sister. You know every na. Sorry, I forgot to return your calls. I go play reach your end by tomorrow.
COUSIN: Okay oh. Bring snails for me.

BRIGHT: Chairmo. BEN tell me how your Herbal Tea over deliver.
IMASTEX: Sir, e don tail oh. Na so now. No mind BEN. He was shy to tell me about his poor sexual life. Lol. . .It was his wife that collected the tea from my wife for BEN. Lol
BRIGHT: Lol. . .Nor mind am. Baba you go give me oh. Make I go use too as your guy na.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by sandland: 7:27am On Nov 29, 2017
Yes. Patronise him/her.
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by MhizzAJ(f): 7:29am On Nov 29, 2017
Do not buy on credit
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Firstcitizen: 7:32am On Nov 29, 2017
If you are a Nigerian businessman, friends and family are your worst customers.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by Steemmaster: 7:32am On Nov 29, 2017
You really want to know when airdrops shows? You want to be in a group with airdrop like minds and never miss an airdrop when it moons shocked...
Join https:///airdroppark cheesy
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by ibkgab001: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2017
They will beef you later
Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by dakeskese(m): 7:34am On Nov 29, 2017
Some friends cannot offer good services oooo.

Na so I say make I go barb for my friend Tukuru shop. Dem jux give am freedom...
2013! oh 2013!!!

Na so I go school d next day...
Them laugh me sotey I jux go back house go barb skin.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by danchuzzy(m): 7:35am On Nov 29, 2017
Don't be a debtor

How can tou not add that undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Friend's Business by hezy4real01(m): 7:41am On Nov 29, 2017
buy on credits too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dry Cleaning And Laundry Business In Nigeria / Don't Trust Your Money With Anyone Who Can't Keep To Time / Get The Firstbank Share Application Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.