Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? (1199 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / Ten Richest Pastors In Nigeria 2017 And Their Net Worth / Redeemed Pastors In President Buhari's Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2016
If you have female pastors in your church, tell them to SHUT UP because: 

1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1 Corinthians 14:34 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1 Timothy 2:11 - Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

1 Corinthians 14:35 - And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Timothy 2:1-15 - I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

CONTRADICTIONS

Acts 21:9 - And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

Romans 16:7 - Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Romans 16:1-2 - I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:   (Read More...)

Acts 2:17 - And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

So says the Bible, the book that promotes gender inequality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
Bump
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by easterwick(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Paulie christianity come out of her
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
hahn:

1 Timothy 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1 Corinthians 14:34 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1 Corinthians 14:35 - And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Timothy 2:1-15 - I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

CONTRADICTIONS

Romans 16:7 - Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Romans 16:1-2 - I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:   (Read More...)

Acts 2:17 - And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

So says the Bible, the book that promotes gender

inequality.

The Bible is not full of contradiction . You don't understand the verses you're quoting rather . The Bible wasn't against woman teach a man but rather about a woman teaching her husband . Women were preachers and teachers in the Bible dates
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
petra1:

The Bible is not full of contradiction . You don't understand the verses you're quoting rather . The Bible wasn't against woman teach a man but rather about a woman teaching her husband . Women were preachers and teachers in the Bible dates

Women like who? Name one female preacher or disciple of Jesus in the bible with the bible verse please. Thank you in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
hahn:

Women like who? Name one female preacher or disciple of Jesus in the bible with the bible verse please. Thank you in anticipation

You yourself gave enough proof . But if I may add others . Pricilla was one . One of the companion of Paul.
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2017
petra1:

You yourself gave enough proof . But if I may add others . Pricilla was one . One of the companion of Paul.

Bible verse?
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 12:09am On Feb 15, 2017
hahn:

Bible verse?

Acts 18:26
26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

They pastor a church together

26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
petra1:

They pastor a church together

No it says in the New International Version (NIV) He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

They didn't preach in public but spoke only to him at home

undecided

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
hahn:

No it says in the New International Version (NIV) He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

They didn't preach in public but spoke only to him at home
undecided

Does it make a difference . Teaching is teaching . She taught a man the word of God.

As regard public speaking . The scripture belows answers to that.

1 Corinthians 11:5
5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since that is one and the same as having her head shaved.

Women did publicly speak or preach
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
petra1:

Does it make a difference . Teaching is teaching . She taught a man the word of God.

As regard public speaking . The scripture belows answers to that.

1 Corinthians 11:5
5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since that is one and the same as having her head shaved.

Did you read the op at all? undecided

hahn:

CONTRADICTIONS

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
hahn:

Did you read the op at all? undecided

Yes I did . Did I miss anything out
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
petra1:

Yes I did . Did I miss anything out

The verses posted in the op. Duh undecided
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by Talk2nanro(m): 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
petra1:

you are too stupid, typing rubbish every thread you enter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
hahn:

The verses posted in the op. Duh undecided

Explain your point
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2017
Talk2nanro:
you are too stupid, typing rubbish every thread you enter.

I know your problem ,it's from family and upbringing. I can help you. Pm me.
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2017
petra1:

Explain your point

Read it again

hahn:

CONTRADICTIONS

Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
hahn:

Read it again

I have so what's the issue
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
petra1:

I have so what's the issue

Keep reading and you will understand eventually wink
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
hahn:

I underststood dude . Hence my response .
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by CatfishBilly: 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
hahn:

Just explain it already, no need to be condescending.
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by hahn(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Just explain it already, no need to be condescending.

There is nothing condescending in my comment. He/she has said she understood the post and came up with her/his defence

Wetin make I do again na? undecided
Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by Talk2nanro(m): 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
petra1:

I know your problem ,it's from family and upbringing. I can help you. Pm me.
you are clearly the one with problems, stop commenting on bible disputes because you have absolutely zero knowledge and understanding of the bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Female Pastors In Your Church? by petra1(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2017
Talk2nanro:
you are clearly the one with problems, stop commenting on bible disputes because you have absolutely zero knowledge and understanding of the bible.

Okay. I love you jare.

(1) (Reply)

What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? / I Need A Financial Miracle. If Miracles Are Real. / Who Are The Gideons International, And What Do They Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.