Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,251 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? (1187 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / What Will Be The Fate Of Samuel Akinbodunse, Now That Buhari Has Won? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by mrmrmister: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
Luke 12: 16- 20
And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest.
He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.
Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain.
And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.
But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'

This is the story of a successful man who just wanted to live an easy life, but apparently, the imaginary psycopath wasn't so pleased.

Therefore, He made up his sick twisted mind to MURDER an innocent Man.

Does he love seeing people wallow in poverty?
Does he love seeing children starve to death?
Why was he pissed at someone who wanted to get away from poverty?
Why did he MURDER someone who just wanted to live a better life?

Cc. God's Attorneys undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by sylvez(m): 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
did I hear u say murder
no need to explain because u will never understand...u just read d bible like a fairy tale

smh

1 Like

Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by mrmrmister: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
Hahn Jonbellion Seun Hardmirror Plaetton sad
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by Perfecttouch(m): 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
mrmrmister:
And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest.
Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain.
And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.
But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'

This is the story of a successful man who just wanted to live an easy life, but apparently, the imaginary psycopath wasn't so pleased.

eejo un be lorun aroo dake x2.
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by mrmrmister: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
sylvez:
did I hear u say murder
no need to explain because u will never understand...u just read d bible like a fairy tale

smh

The bible is a fairy tale bro smiley
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by mrmrmister: 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
Perfecttouch:
eejo un be lorun ark dake x2.

English please smiley
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by randomperson: 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2016
This story has always bothered me... Just because a man wants to rest and enjoy the fruits of his labor, he must die?
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by jonbellion(m): 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Hmmm I guess the moral of this story is ummmmm
"always attribute your hard earned shit to me"
"when you were struggling and homeless I didn't give a Bleep"
"but when you got your ass up and worked hard to built yourself an empire you think you did this shit your self"
"you ungrateful motherfucker"
angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by Perfecttouch(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
mrmrmister:

English please smiley
no one is questioning ur reasons for being an atheist. But when u begin to dabble into things that are way beyond ur generation's understanding and even have the effrontery to question or insult the most high God,hmmmm I have nothing to say to u,
DO NOT JUDGE SO YOU WONT BE JUDGED.
I could've engaged u but it will be meaningless to do so at the end of the day and moreover,no one can fight on behalf of God.

God I pray to u today,cleanse me,forgive me my sins and keep me,my family and every NAIRALANDER safe till next year and when the trumpet shall sound, never find us wanting or undeserving of your grace.

Lord in this coming 2017, do a wonderful miracle that will be beyond human's understanding and reasoning. You know every of my heart desire lord,grant them.
Thank Jesus, thank you lord for answered prayers cos I believed in you!
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by jonbellion(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
mrmrmister:

very badly written fairytale
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by ekeneluvsu(m): 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
mrmrmister:

Read down don't stop at vs 20. Seek first the kingdom of God and other things will be added on to you. Let God direct ur path! Don't act as if there is no God! For me any enjoyment that's not from God I don't want it! Let God be the first in everything you do.

Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by mrmrmister: 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
jonbellion:
Hmmm I guess the moral of this story is ummmmm
"always attribute your hard earned shit to me"
"when you were struggling and homeless I didn't give a Bleep"
"but when you got your ass up and worked hard to built yourself an empire you think you did this shit your self"
"you ungrateful motherfucker"
angry

grin grin
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by mrmrmister: 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Perfecttouch:
no one is questioning ur reasons for being an atheist. But when u begin to dabble into things that are way beyond ur generation's understanding and even have the effrontery to question or insult the most high God,hmmmm I have nothing to say to u,
I could've engaged u but it will be meaningless to do so at the end of the day and moreover,no one can fight on behalf of God.

God I pray to u today,cleanse me,forgive me my sins and keep me,my family and every NAIRALANDER safe till next year and when the trumpet shall sound, never find us wanting or undeserving of your grace.

Lord in this coming 2017, do a wonderful miracle that will be beyond human's understanding and reasoning. You know every of my heart desire lord,grant them.

The Lord is good
Hallelujah smiley
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by hopefulLandlord: 7:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
MrMinister, this is one of the stories that don't make ANY sense!

I even when I was a Christian always wondered what he did wrong and the funniest part is seeing preachers use this story and pulling whatever lessons they wanna pull out of it by inventing extrabiblical additions like saying "He didn't put god first" or "He valued his possessions more than god" or "he should've given much of it to the poor and kept working"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by sylvez(m): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
mrmrmister:

smh
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by mrmrmister: 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I even as a Christian always wondered what he did wrong and the funniest part is seeing preachers use this story and pulling whatever lessons they wanna pull out of it by inventing extrabiblical additions like saying "He didn't put god first" or "He valued his possessions more than god" or "he should've given much of it to the poor and kept working"

MrMrmister not minister bro grin

The bolded says it all, the bible is just so pathetic!
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by hopefulLandlord: 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
Perfecttouch:
no one is questioning ur reasons for being an atheist. But when u begin to dabble into things that are way beyond ur generation's understanding
how is it beyond his generation's understanding? is it not the same book where it was recorded that "god made the sun stand still"?

let me write a review of the book for you

Hopefullandlord's review of the Holy Bible

[b]The Bible, written by multiple and, in some cases, anonymous authors, is a poorly-written, disjointed and confusing read.

The first section, The Old Testament, centers primarily around a character named “God.” Told in rambling and often unrelated short stories, God is an unlikeable, inconsistent, and immoral being who demands unwavering adoration, but then showers murder, plague, famine, unimaginable hardships, and horror upon both devotees and enemies alike.

Seemingly unrelated to the first section, the second section, The New Testament, centers around a new character named “Jesus.” God does appear in this second section, but his persona is so unaccountably different than his previous persona that one wonders whether God is really the same character. In a further incongruent point, Jesus claims he is God. He also claims he is the son of God. The book is unclear whether Jesus truly believes this, or is simply a mentally ill individual with delusions of grandeur, who has no access to medication.

Overall, the book has no moral value and says nothing relevant, fresh, or interesting for today’s readers. There is no clear plot line; the story is uninspired. Due to its violent and graphic nature, it is not recommended for children. Inexplicably,

The Bible has developed a cult following. These so-called “Christians” seem somewhat unstable, and insist that this fictional work is actually non-fiction. Sadly, these devotees have been known to be disruptive, immoral, destructive, and intolerant, much like God.

The Bible is of no significant value, and holds no promise for any meaningful or positive cultural impact.[/b]

End of review

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by hopefulLandlord: 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
mrmrmister:

MrMrmister not minister bro grin
oh! okay cheesy
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by DeSepiero(m): 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
Perfecttouch:

If you've forsaken the use of reason, don't refer to those who use it as impious. Why do you have the ability to reason? That's what distinguishes you from wild beasts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by hahn(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
sylvez:
did I hear u say murder

smh

Because it is a fairytale

smd

undecided
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by hahn(m): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
Perfecttouch:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by mrmrmister: 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
hahn:

Lmao cheesy
They don't want to know that, they'll rather rot on the prayer mountain than face reality
Re: What Did This Man Do To Deserve Such A Horrific Fate? by edogho(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I even when I was a Christian always wondered what he did wrong and the funniest part is seeing preachers use this story and pulling whatever lessons they wanna pull out of it by inventing extrabiblical additions like saying "He didn't put god first" or "He valued his possessions more than god" or "he should've given much of it to the poor and kept working"

Escapes me too.
Its either I'm too dumb or the writer was just being funny...
To hustle na badt tin again

(1) (Reply)

Will People Who Have Never Heard Of The Gospel Of Jesus Christ End Up In Hell?? / See What Is Happening In Cameroon After Apostle Suleman's Prophecy. / How I mumued as a Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.